• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Definitely knowing if I am P or J

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
In BOLD traits true for me in both Judger/Perceiver list.
Which are more important/prevalent?
Am I a P or a J? Please help.

-------------------

Consider the following list of personality traits naturally associated with judgers:

using thinking or feeling decision making outwardly
•more formal and conventional
•more serious

•like to take charge be in control
•make decisions quickly
•definitive and often express strong opinions
•dislike surprises want advance warning
•settled organized
•often in a hurry like a rapid pace
•dress more for appearance
•like to set and reach goals
•driven to finish projects
•like (indeed need) rules, systems, structures
•goal oriented

---------------------

Consider the following list of personality traits naturally associated with perceiving:

•using sensing or intuitive perception outwardly
•more casual and unconventional
•more playful
•good at adapting
•kings and queens of procrastination, put off decisions
•always waiting to see what is going to happen next
•enjoy surprises and like adapting to last minute changes
•prefer a leisurely pace to things
•often have an unfinished look, dress more for comfort
•liable to change goals
•prefer to begin things
•find rules, systems, structure confining and limiting
•often disorganized
•walk slower
•seek jobs that are fun
•open-minded, very less comfortable with rules

-----------------------

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
using thinking or feeling decision making outwardly
•using sensing or intuitive perception outwardly
I'm not sure you understood what these two meant.

On the first part you claim to identify Extroverted Thinking (Te), which is defined as the need for evidence, organization and efficiency, the ability to mobilize people and resources to complete a goal, and usage of objective methods to determine progress, among other things.

On the second, you claimed to identify with Extroverted Intuition (Ne), which is defined as the view of reality as a tabula rasa -- focusing on ever-expanding possibilities, which are fed by seeing hidden patterns and connections between unrelated concepts and contexts.

Do you really identify with both? If so, then that narrows your type down to either ENFP, or ESTJ. bear in mind that P/J actually doesn't exist as an independent variable -- it changes your functional orientation, so it's necessary to determine your full type to determine if it's a P type or a J type.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Do you really identify with both? If so, then that narrows your type down to either ENFP, or ESTJ. bear in mind that P/J actually doesn't exist as an independent variable -- it changes your functional orientation, so it's necessary to determine your full type to determine if it's a P type or a J type.

Thank you, but I am quite sure I am an introvert...

I am always stucked in being a stressed out - obsessive - routine oriented INTP, or a stressed out - demotivated - neurotic INTJ. :doh:

Maybe you are right about fuctional orientation more important than single letters, but I wanted have some more input...

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So the question becomes whether you're INTP or INTJ. From what you just said I'd say you're most likely a lazy INTJ, but to confirm: Are you a very long-term planner? Do you have a sort of clarity of what's coming in the future, and do you plan accordingly? NPs are future oriented, but we think more in terms of possibilities and less in terms of what we believe will be the reality, and as such we don't plan very far ahead at all. If you ask me, for example, where I see myself in 5 years, you'll start hearing the word "maybe" a lot.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
So the question becomes whether you're INTP or INTJ. From what you just said I'd say you're most likely a lazy INTJ, but to confirm: Are you a very long-term planner? Do you have a sort of clarity of what's coming in the future, and do you plan accordingly? NPs are future oriented, but we think more in terms of possibilities and less in terms of what we believe will be the reality, and as such we don't plan very far ahead at all. If you ask me, for example, where I see myself in 5 years, you'll start hearing the word "maybe" a lot.

Your input are precious, thanks.
If I think about that, I can say I am a sort of short-term planner.
When I have an "objective" task I can solve in some days or weeks I am naturally efficient, organised and I finish it well.
I have big problem with long-term goal about planning my life in general, because what I want in life in sense of "meaning" are always changing, sometimes every day, so I imagine tons of possibilities but then I lack in choose ONE and obviously in follow-through.
In tests I result intj or intp, it depends.
Ni and Ne are very high, then Te and Ti high (Te higher), then Si and Fi (medium, maybe slightly more Si), Fe and Se very low.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you're intuitive before thinking going both ways, then you're either ENTP or INTJ. Given that you identify as an introvert, INTJ is most correct out of the two. You're an INTJ heavily in touch with your ENTP shadow. ;)