First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Fe is a bit awkward for me too

i can't really speak much to Se, but i think the hallmark of Ne is making connections even where others don't perceive any. i know that i can argue my way out of any corner based on that. so it's easy for me to see almost anything as "practical", because it has some application that's important in some way. or it could. i don't usually learn for the sake of learning - it's just that i don't mind learning anything because i believe that it has some kind of connection somewhere. and as i understand it, INFPs with Ne 2nd make connections for the sake of their Fi values. so they may be more discriminating than an ENFP with Ne - they would direct it to areas they have judged with Fi to be worthy of attention.

here is the main difference i think lies between SFP and NFP:

ISFPs seem to be wayyy better at being in the moment. one i know is a little "dreamy" just like her INFP counterparts - quiet, gentle, mysterious - but still in a more down-to-earth way.

i think INFPs tend to have more intellectual hang-ups too. ISFPs seem more organic in a way. more go-with-the-flow.
    Yeah, compared to people I know, I'm pretty good at making connections. Many times, people say something, and I would say "Oh, that reminds me of [insert]". And when reading, I can relate the information to the past material that I have learned pretty well.

I'm quite different from my INFP cousin, and even though close, we have many clashes with each other. This usually results from her trying to "help", and me refusing, as I rather take time out to deal with it myself. I read that INFPs tend to reach out for people even though they don't ask for it, and when people don't accept their helps, it hurts their feelings. She's dreamier and creative. We both love to draw, but her arts are much more abstract, consisting of angels, saints, masks, trees growing from hearts, etc. Mine are just people posing and smiling.

And do ISFPs necessarily need to be good at arts and craft?

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yeah, me too. I'm really affected by weather, surroundings, dirtiness, ugliness, smells, lack of sleep, what food I eat, light and sound sensitivity (I actually wear earplugs when I sleep, unless I live alone or am in a very quiet place) etc. It really makes me wonder sometimes.

Me too.
    So are you a "cute" INFP or ISFP?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I read the posts in this thread by you, I definitely am seeing a major Fi vibe. I think ISFP though, you remind me a lot of myself. An ISFP with strong Ni. I thought that I was INFP for years.

An ongoing theme for you seems to be freedom. Your own freedom and other's freedom. Your values have an Se flavor to them. Everything seems to be pretty practical and pragmatic for you; straightforward.

Basically Se and Ne are kind of the same thing, but not really. Se sees things in terms of the current context. Ne sees things in terms of other contexts. Ni feeds Se by seeing how things in the current context relate to other things in reality; thus making reality itself, your reality, the current context if Ni had fed Se enough. As for Si feeding Ne, Si's impressions of previous experiences make Ne's random tangents a bit more tangible and realistic.

Se is fully objective; it's based on raw sensory data. Ne is based on possibilities, what could be. Potential.

Here is a visual representation (that I made lol) of how these functions work-

Se sees many facts and just generally sees reality. Ni connects all of these things to come to a conclusion. Ne sees one thing and sees how it could develop, Ne branches out. Ne is fed because Si provides these random ideas, they are actually just relating reality to other things.

Here is a good site for the temperaments- 4temperaments.com -- Understanding Temperament Theory That pretty much settled SP for me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEI

It's nice to see other ISFPs who have a strong N. Because that's what I'm suspecting myself to be right now.

So Se accumulates information, and Ni forms a general idea. And Ne grabs a hold of idea and develops details from there? I'm still kinda confused about the function of Si though.

Ni doesn't necessarily form a general idea, I think.. It could, but it's more like looking at different angles. It could possibly be a negative in ISFPs (like paranoia or suspicion in reading something into a situation). Creatively, it'd seperate you from making dull things and being an all around bore, who just talked about or was artistic merely on a superficial level (for example, you wouldn't find many ISFP painters who painted still lifes exactly as they saw them.. or be very throwback and conventional in their taste in music).

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Goosebump View Post
    It's nice to see other ISFPs who have a strong N. Because that's what I'm suspecting myself to be right now.

So Se accumulates information, and Ni forms a general idea. And Ne grabs a hold of idea and develops details from there? I'm still kinda confused about the function of Si though.
    See, thats the stuff that makes me think BlackCat's NOT an S. The day I draw a diagram of hypothetical functions is the day I got hit in the head really hard by a blunt instrument.

I go by observation, without claiming to know anyone better than they know themselves, but also believing in the "if it quacks like a duck" premise.

If abstract speech/thought is your norm, then that's N. If concrete speech/thought is your norm, then that's S. I have yet to meet someone that really is 50-50 with that, and it's usually pretty obvious within a few minutes of conversation.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

To me, Si is kinda like a hashed memory system (though that may be because of the Ne). It's what happens when you hear a certain song and remember that this was the song that was playing when you proposed to your wife. Or you wince when you see someone stub his toe against something because you've done that before and you know how it feels.

Si also allows you to tell when things are different or changed from before. You enter your room and immediately notice that something has been moved or removed.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Ni doesn't necessarily form a general idea, I think.. It could, but it's more like looking at different angles. It could possibly be a negative in ISFPs (like paranoia or suspicion in reading something into a situation). Creatively, it'd seperate you from making dull things and being an all around bore, who just talked about or was artistic merely on a superficial level (for example, you wouldn't find many ISFP painters who painted still lifes exactly as they saw them.. or be very throwback and conventional in their taste in music).
    Oh, so Ni is what allows you to make connection from different materials and to view things in different perspectives. If I do something I hate and choose to look at in a different light so that I can have a better time, I'm using Ni. Hope I'm understanding it correctly.
    And it's true, Ni can be very annoying as it makes up stuff that's unlikely to happen but still scares the crap out of me. Sadly, the latter tends to happen and not the first. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    See, thats the stuff that makes me think BlackCat's NOT an S. The day I draw a diagram of hypothetical functions is the day I got hit in the head really hard by a blunt instrument.

I go by observation, without claiming to know anyone better than they know themselves, but also believing in the "if it quacks like a duck" premise.

If abstract speech/thought is your norm, then that's N. If concrete speech/thought is your norm, then that's S. I have yet to meet someone that really is 50-50 with that, and it's usually pretty obvious within a few minutes of conversation.
    Well, I usually think and speak in a concrete manner and I love using funny catchphrases. I'm an ISFP? :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    To me, Si is kinda like a hashed memory system (though that may be because of the Ne). It's what happens when you hear a certain song and remember that this was the song that was playing when you proposed to your wife. Or you wince when you see someone stub his toe against something because you've done that before and you know how it feels.

Si also allows you to tell when things are different or changed from before. You enter your room and immediately notice that something has been moved or removed.
    That's a good explanation. Thanks.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well, I usually think and speak in a concrete manner and I love using funny catchphrases. I'm an ISFP? :confused:
    Could be. What do you live for?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post

I think with INFPs, it's important to note that Si in the tert spot is often not very good at remembering factual details so much as remembering nuances of feeling. Si seems to be working with Fi, recalling what was important so Fi has some experience to work with & not just Ne hypothetical ideas.

I definitely see my Si working in frivolous ways also, such as the room example (I sense something has been moved - can't always pinpoint it though), or with me, noting when food is not prepared the same, or someone changed their hairdo, etc.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Could be. What do you live for?
    Happiness. Enjoying life. Expanding my horizon. Helping others who are confused as I was. Just the usual.