User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    But see, if asked by someone to "describe" the cup, I would first wonder why they want me to since they can see what it looks like. My understanding of "describe" is to tell about how something physically looks. I don't interpret it that way. That's what the word means.
    Fine-tune a definition? I go off of definitions, I don't make them. I look things up to find the definition. How would I answer that?
    I find this interesting. I'm much less strict with definitions of things. For example, I think "describe" means whatever the person being asked to "describe" something interprets it to mean. If I tell you to describe something and you don't interpret that the way I meant and you do something different than I wanted, then I should have used a different word or elaborated more. It doesn't really matter what I think the word means.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I find this interesting. I'm much less strict with definitions of things. For example, I think "describe" means whatever the person being asked to "describe" something interprets it to mean. If I tell you to describe something and you don't interpret that the way I meant and you do something different than I wanted, then I should have used a different word or elaborated more. It doesn't really matter what I think the word means.
    I think this is a key difference between judging functions Ti v Fi.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Interesting. So what does that tell us about Idec Sdawkminn? What can we narrow him down to now?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

I think people are confusing matters for you, Idec.

None of this stuff has anything to do with type.

Post a video!

Then we shall see.....

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

That's probably true... bring on the video!

MBTI
    EPIC

LOL you guys. This is great.

Okay, so I was thinking last night about the video and what I should talk about. I looked at Youtube MBTI videos, but only found a few. I then found this sticky about posting a video and what questions to answer during it. I did a practice run last night, then got to the question asking what you think about and I talked about what I daydream about and got into it and that answer alone would take up the whole 10 minutes of the Youtube limit. I was thinking I could just have the video contain that, but I become much more dramatic and passionate when explaining my daydreams. It might be an inaccurate indicator of my type. Hmm. Maybe if I answer a couple questions first, then get into that so people can see the change?
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Is that because you think you're FAT? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole milk if you wanted to."

Music listening habits

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Huh? Does that mean I observe things for a long time to determine what is generally accepted as true? Or does that mean looking at a graph that spans a good amount of time to see what trends I see?
    Generally the former.

Fine-tune a definition? I go off of definitions, I don't make them. I look things up to find the definition. How would I answer that?
    I think that's a no. Fine-tuning definitions means that you try to expand your knowledge of a given concept, and try to make it fit into your own logical framework (think of it in you own words), rather than simply taking note of the definition.

In sync? The only thing I can think of is if something is moving and I move in sync with it. I'm not usually around things that are moving. Maybe like if someone else and I are going to run into each other and I move out of the way or something. I don't know how to gauge this.
    This one means that you basically automatically know where things are and you can easily coordinate yourself with your environment. It is indeed mostly related to motion, but not entirely.

Those are just some examples. Anyway, the first results were ISTJ. Then I changed some things that I thought maybe I didn't answer correctly and got ISTP. I was told at INTPc by one member that I was INFP. F because I wanted him to read a story I wrote. He later changed it to INFJ because they are supposedly really good at appearing to be INTP. I'll have to look into the cognitive processes more.
    That guy sounds like an idiot, but reading about cog processes is a good idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    EPIC

Generally the former.
    Hmm. Would this mean looking stuff up for several days about the same topic to get a better understanding of it? I'm just trying to fully understand the question so I can accurately and honestly answer it.

I think that's a no. Fine-tuning definitions means that you try to expand your knowledge of a given concept, and try to make it fit into your own logical framework (think of it in you own words), rather than simply taking note of the definition.
    Well, I do try to expand my own knowledge on a given concept. I think "definition" to mean the definition of a word, though; something you can't really change.

This one means that you basically automatically know where things are and you can easily coordinate yourself with your environment. It is indeed mostly related to motion, but not entirely.
    Ah. So like when I would walk to and from work while reading a book and know where each sidewalk ended and the new one began and when a car might be trying to turn where I was walking or when something like a bike was in the middle of the sidewalk and I'd walk around it without losing my place. I remember intentionally doing that. I was walking and saw a bike up ahead and glanced up at it and also saw my neighbors there. I went back to reading as I approached it and could tell my neighbors were watching. I got a good idea of where it was so I wouldn't have to look up and I could walk around it looking like I didn't even look up at it. Just as I hoped, my neighbors were impressed and fully expected me to trip over it since it looked like I didn't even notice it. I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to comprehend what I was reading at the time, though.

I was looking at the cognitive processes and it looks like describing the physical cup in detail is Se whereas it invoking memories and what it reminds me of is Si.

Still gotta do that video. I've been sick, though. I'm always the last to get sick. Everyone got diarrhea, threw up, got achy, got really tired, and had 102 fevers that lasted a couple days. I had diarrhea one time, never threw up, got a slight headache, got really tired, and no fever and it lasted at most one day. Go figure.
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Is that because you think you're FAT? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole milk if you wanted to."

Music listening habits

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Hmm. Would this mean looking stuff up for several days about the same topic to get a better understanding of it?
    More like building up a base of knowledge over time, by relating something new you've learned to what you already know. Like, if you're learning about biology and you find some random factoid about mammals, you make note of it.

Well, I do try to expand my own knowledge on a given concept. I think "definition" to mean the definition of a word, though; something you can't really change.
    Then that's still likely a no. Fine-tuning a definition is about finding your own understanding of said definition, rather than just relying on the definition as it stands. Looking at the properties of a concept and coming to conclusions about it.

Ah. So like when I would walk to and from work while reading a book and know where each sidewalk ended and the new one began and when a car might be trying to turn where I was walking or when something like a bike was in the middle of the sidewalk and I'd walk around it without losing my place. I remember intentionally doing that. I was walking and saw a bike up ahead and glanced up at it and also saw my neighbors there. I went back to reading as I approached it and could tell my neighbors were watching. I got a good idea of where it was so I wouldn't have to look up and I could walk around it looking like I didn't even look up at it. Just as I hoped, my neighbors were impressed and fully expected me to trip over it since it looked like I didn't even notice it. I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to comprehend what I was reading at the time, though.

I was looking at the cognitive processes and it looks like describing the physical cup in detail is Se whereas it invoking memories and what it reminds me of is Si.
    I think that description is more fitting of using Si and Te. Strong Se users, generally, become very absorbed in their physical environment and are aware of where things are automatically -- but paradoxically enough they're usually much less poised than Si users, because they enjoy their environment so intensely they more often than not focus on the wrong parts of it and don't watch where they're going. One ESTP poster here is semi-notorious for having at least one accident a week.

You on the other hand noticed what laid beyond you for the purpose of anticipating it so you wouldn't need to actually pay attention as you passed. For the purpose of this question that's likely little you or somewhat you -- you need to intentionally get in sync with your environment. It doesn't appear to be natural for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    EPIC

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    More like building up a base of knowledge over time, by relating something new you've learned to what you already know. Like, if you're learning about biology and you find some random factoid about mammals, you make note of it.
    Oh. Yeah, I definitely do that.

Then that's still likely a no. Fine-tuning a definition is about finding your own understanding of said definition, rather than just relying on the definition as it stands. Looking at the properties of a concept and coming to conclusions about it.
    I think I need an example of someone doing this to compare it to myself.

I think that description is more fitting of using Si and Te. Strong Se users, generally, become very absorbed in their physical environment and are aware of where things are automatically -- but paradoxically enough they're usually much less poised than Si users, because they enjoy their environment so intensely they more often than not focus on the wrong parts of it and don't watch where they're going. One ESTP poster here is semi-notorious for having at least one accident a week.

You on the other hand noticed what laid beyond you for the purpose of anticipating it so you wouldn't need to actually pay attention as you passed. For the purpose of this question that's likely little you or somewhat you -- you need to intentionally get in sync with your environment. It doesn't appear to be natural for you.
    Hmm. So you're saying that having strong Si means weak Se? I suppose that is how they work. Where can I find more about cognitive process pairings such as Si and Te. Also, what describes my desire to show off to people without looking like I'm showing off? Or my desire to appear unique to people in general, even if it is for something some people usually find unfavorable?

Music listening habits