User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Even your attempt to dismiss all the details is detailed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

For sake of contrast...

I have no morning routine.

I have no idea what time I wake up.

I don't always do things in the same order.

I don't know how long it takes me to get to work.

I don't know what time I leave for work. I leave when I feel like I'm ready.

No matter when I get up or what order I do things, I seem to arrive at work at basically the same time. "Same time" to me is about a 20 minute window from 8:10 to 8:30 am.

You seem really structured and detailed compared to me. Much more toward trying to be efficient with the use of your time. I am unsure if that is just because you want to or because you feel external pressure to. I think it is some of both.

MBTI
    EPIC

I have a morning routine only because I do the minimum what I need to do. Since it therefore consists of the same things and I do them in order of where things are normally placed, it is always in the same order or I'll forget half of the stuff I need to bring. I've forgotten my name tag many times and my wallet several. Good thing I don't need to drive.

I know what time I get up because my alarm wakes me up at that time and I intentionally set it at that time because in all my previous jobs I never had enough time to lay in bed after waking up and I'd feel horrible. This way I can lay in bed awake for 20 minutes before having to get up.

I know how long it takes me to get to work because of when I cared about what time I got there and needed to know when the latest I could leave was. Now I leave whenever I look at the clock and think "ugh, it's getting late, I should go".

Also, I was thinking about the describing the cup thing. Most of my family said variations of "pink, small, plastic cup". I asked my dad to "tell me about this cup. What do you see?" He said, "I think of you guys when you were younger and you drinking out of it."

But see, if asked by someone to "describe" the cup, I would first wonder why they want me to since they can see what it looks like. My understanding of "describe" is to tell about how something physically looks. I don't interpret it that way. That's what the word means. I'd then assume it is some kind of exercise, so I'd comply and describe the physical cup. If someone asked me to "tell (them) about it", I'd immediately think of when I used to live at home and that was one of the stupid pink cups that my sister, Andrea would drink out of and I never wanted it and would pick that one ONLY if it was the last one in the cupboard. Then I might go on to tell about other things it reminded me of, like when I used to put water in cups and put them back in the cupboard and wait around until someone grabbed one out and knew it was me. I'd run away laughing. And that reminds me of when, on April Fools, my mom was putting dishes away at the cupboard and she kept opening the drawer below it a little bit. I'd see it and close it because I can't stand things being open a little like that. She knew this and it took me a few times to realize she was doing it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    But see, if asked by someone to "describe" the cup, I would first wonder why they want me to since they can see what it looks like. My understanding of "describe" is to tell about how something physically looks. I don't interpret it that way. That's what the word means. I'd then assume it is some kind of exercise, so I'd comply and describe the physical cup.
    Interesting. I likely couldn't physically describe the cup, regardless of how I interpreted the question. My brain kind of shuts down when I am asked to describe what something looks like. It would be something like... "uh... it is pink."

I would want to tell things more like whether or not you can stack the cup inside another identical cup, how much liquid it holds, how many of this particular cup do I think will fit in my cupboard, how sturdy/balanced is it like if I had it on my night stand would I be likely to knock it over reaching for a drink of water in the middle of the night, does it typically stick to a coaster if the cup has been sweating, etc. Those things to me are the description of the cup.

I don't know which MBTI letter this indicates.

Your tendency seems to be more toward either what the cup looks like or things in your memories that you connect to the cup.

MBTI
    EPIC

Wow. I can easily describe what something looks like in detail, but I wouldn't even think of if you can stack it or how many will fit in a cupboard unless that was what I was currently trying to do and I had to determine that or not. But the fact that you have difficulty describing how it looks just means you have weak Se. I'm sure Intuitives can have a more developed Se and would be able to describe how it looks.

So, looks like S. It was really difficult for me to accept S over N since N seems more capable and I really thought I was INTP. I still want to do a video just because I'd be interested in hearing what people get from it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

You could just decide to transcend MBTI.

MBTI
    EPIC

As far as the pink cup, I can describe it both ways. I have to remember how it looked because I'm at work now.

It's pink. About 4 inches tall. Narrower at the bottom with a gradual widening toward the top and then a flare out at the top. The bottom, I would guess, is maybe 1 1/2 inches in diameter and the top is about 2 1/2 inches. There are vertical leaf-shaped groups of raised lines, about half an inch in width and 3 inches long all the way around it, about 1/4 inch apart. The flare at the top has little 1/4 inch raised vertical lines above the leaf shapes. The bottom of the cup has a small ring at the bottom like cups do. Probably 1/2 inches in diameter. In the middle of that is a very small raised dot, but curved, not pointy like some of my cups have. The flare at the top has a slightly thicker lip at the end and the whole cup is very thin. Maybe 1 or 2 millimeters thick.

See, I can describe all that fine, but I would get tired listening to or reading someone else describe that. They are boring details. I don't like when stories describe things that way most of the time. I like more the way I do in my stories I've written. This is taken from my latest one:

Jaic then turned and there stood, albeit hunched over, a very old woman who appeared very old. Her old, wrinkled face had old, wrinkled skin covering it with a creased fold for every wrinkle. Her large nose stuck out from her face and sported a lump halfway where it suddenly bent downward, reminiscent of Jaic's mom's. Her old, stringy, light gray hair hung low from under her old, dark, oversized hat that sat lazily upon her head and rose high to a point that had long since collapsed sideways under its own miniscule weight from age. The old woman's dress, decorated with prints of flowers trying their hardest to convey that they once possessed vibrant colors, was old, faded, blackened and hid all but her once shiny, black shoes. Her old, wrinkled, pale hands, the paper-thin skin no longer able to conceal the bulging, blue veins and the contours of the shaky bones within, contrasted sharply with the dark dress. This must be the substitute teacher, Jaic guessed.
    I can also describe it different ways. If you wanted to spin it, it would be better to do it upside down so it would spin longer. It would be bad for holding pens and pencils since it would fall over easily. Submerging it to just below the top and letting go would probably make it jump out of the water. It wouldn't fly very far when throwing it at someone. Good size for putting juice into and freezing to make a Popsicle. Needs to be on the top rack of the dish washer so it doesn't melt. Color is most likely to be liked by girls.

I don't know how that was. Probably seems silly. It was more fun than describing how it looks and there is much more one could talk about regarding the cup in that way. I would normally think the person would be wanting a physical description, though. I'd think that describing it the other way would be regarded as being a smart-Aleck.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I then get my wallet (says Bad Mother Fucker on it), 32 GB flash drive, name tag, company cell phone, $160 sunglasses, dinky 2 GB MP3 player that I got for Christmas with my $300 ear phones (Etymotic ER-4P), turn it on listening to usually Progressive Metal, Symphonic Metal, or Power Metal, and walk to work.
    Your type: EPIC. Get a better MP3 player though. Seriously.

In all seriousness though, I'd say ISTJ. Unmotivated bum of an ISTJ, but ISTJ nonetheless. You're definitely a Sensor, but I'm not sure why everyone's saying you're SP -- you convey details in a somewhat mechanical manner, very reminiscent of Te; and you appear to be very good at arranging your day in an efficient manner, for the purpose of making it comfortable.

If you're having trouble with regular MBTI tests, I'd recommend taking a cognitive processes one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    EPIC

I know. It's a sucky, cheap MP3 player. I used to have a 60 GB iPod but I thought I broke it trying to reformat it with Linux so I could play OGG files on it. I couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried and thought the hard drive had gone bad since it kept saying it had errors even when trying to format it. I sold it on eBay for $56 (but I listed everything wrong with it) and it turns out that you need a fuckin' Mac to format it beyond that point. WTF, man?

ISTJ, huh? More and more like my ISFJ fiancée (well, we think she's ISFJ). Turns out someone can go from INTP to ISTJ, changing half of their cognitive processes, in one day. EVERYTHING I KNOW TO BE TRUE IN THE UNIVERSE IS A LIE!

I did take that cognitive processes one. Some of the questions were hard for me to answer even after looking up the terms.

Review a lot of information over time to confirm what is customary or standard.
    Huh? Does that mean I observe things for a long time to determine what is generally accepted as true? Or does that mean looking at a graph that spans a good amount of time to see what trends I see? Either way, I can't recall ever having done this, and it is difficult to determine if I would do well at it.

Fine-tune a definition or concept to support a theory, perspective or framework.
    Fine-tune a definition? I go off of definitions, I don't make them. I look things up to find the definition. How would I answer that?

Spur action and pull off results simply by making your presence felt.
    Sure, I'd like to do this and I like thinking that I do, and it works really well with my son, but I never notice if I pull off results simply by making myself known. It doesn't mean I don't. I may do it all the time. It's hard to know.

Easily get in sync physically with people and things around you.
    In sync? The only thing I can think of is if something is moving and I move in sync with it. I'm not usually around things that are moving. Maybe like if someone else and I are going to run into each other and I move out of the way or something. I don't know how to gauge this.

Those are just some examples. Anyway, the first results were ISTJ. Then I changed some things that I thought maybe I didn't answer correctly and got ISTP. I was told at INTPc by one member that I was INFP. F because I wanted him to read a story I wrote. He later changed it to INFJ because they are supposedly really good at appearing to be INTP. I'll have to look into the cognitive processes more.

And Stalemate:
    I was driving to the store and your description of the pink cup came to mind suddenly. You seemed to take the physical aspects of the cup and filter out everything about it except what you could put to practical use, like "regardless of what shape it is, is it a shape that will easily fall over if brushed", much like an S filters out data and theories he/she reads about or hears about except what they can put to practical use. What's the difference?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

And Stalemate:
    I was driving to the store and your description of the pink cup came to mind suddenly. You seemed to take the physical aspects of the cup and filter out everything about it except what you could put to practical use, like "regardless of what shape it is, is it a shape that will easily fall over if brushed", much like an S filters out data and theories he/she reads about or hears about except what they can put to practical use. What's the difference?
    I don't know what the difference is. I don't really claim to be an expert or anything, I can just tell you about my experiences and way of thinking and let you compare it to your own. Heck by the end of this discussion I might find out I'm a sensor. I don't really know, but I doubt it. :p

Regarding a theory or idea... I might think about for a long time all the intricacies of it without any regard for practical application. I generally don't do this about how a cup looks... I just want to use a cup.