User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    EPIC

I read the functions and I can see a lot of myself in the Se. I'd still like to make a video, though. I tend to pace a lot when I'm thinking about something or explaining something. I wonder if that is specific to a type and also if the video should include that.

Some of the description of the ISTP doesn't fit, like the parts about liking tools a lot. I rarely use tools and for a long time didn't have much of a need for them. I hate working on cars. I'm not drawn to boats or dune buggies or 4-wheeling or anything like that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    Some of the description of the ISTP doesn't fit, like the parts about liking tools a lot. I rarely use tools and for a long time didn't have much of a need for them. I hate working on cars. I'm not drawn to boats or dune buggies or 4-wheeling or anything like that.
    That stuff tends to be stereotypical.... The profiles are kind of the stereotypical caricature of what a person with a certain set of cognitive functions look like. Not all ISTPs look like that, and I'm not surprised that some test INTP because of it. But anyway, just keep reading info....and ultimately, you know yourself more than anyone on this board does.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    EPIC

I know and will remember that. However, what I'm expecting people on this board to know better than I is how the functions correspond to examples. I'm finding a disappointingly low number of examples of types and functions in the profiles and too many descriptions of them that are hard for me to relate to real life decisions and situations.

ReflecTcelfeR

Your descriptions of your games, summer days and school still point to S. Your imagination is extremely 'rich' in a very visual way. I think this is where N and S imaginations differ greatly. The S imagination is usually very vivid and colorful, while the N's imagination isn't so much of a picture as it is an idea. I say ISTP.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

ISTx I'd say, most definitely.

The overwhelming focus on details in each of your posts in this thread alone screams S.

MBTI
    EPIC

Thanks. Looks like S more and more. In trying to research it, I look to sites that say what Sensing vs Intuition are, but like I said, it's hard for me to apply the descriptions to myself. Here are my thoughts on these things:

Sensors

Sensors pay attention to both immediate data from their five senses
    Well who the fuck doesn't take in all their information from their five senses? Our senses are what supply our brains with information. Intuitives have to have a source for the information and I'm pretty sure it doesn't just flow in through their skulls. Take away the five senses and both sensors and intuitives would have an equally rough time gathering information. (I just thought of the movie The Box where sight and hearing were taken away from a kid).

and from their own direct experiences.
    Yes, I use my past experiences a lot. It's a waste of time and energy to keep coming up with the same solution from scratch every time the problem arises. Might as well remember what you did before and then see if you know of anything better or not to improve on it.

They are create meaning from conscious thought, rather than trusting their subconscious,
    "They are create meaning"? Typo. Probably "They create meaning". I don't know which one I rely on more. Thoughts just come into my head.

limiting their attention to facts and solid data.
    Gah. "Limiting". I don't like that word one bit. That I'm limited in some intellectual way. Limited means there is a barrier that is impossible for me to cross where others can. Limited means handicapped. I don't mind being limited emotionally. I even take some pride in it. I also hate the term "just the facts". It sounds like some boring, old, dried-up, unimaginative police detective. I guess at work I just want people calling me for support to give me what the error message was, what is happening on their screen right now, and what they did to get it like that and nothing more because I want to get the call over with and get back to what I was doing, which is usually much more interesting, like looking up what has currently caught my interest. I also get a negative feeling from the word "solid". When I first looked at it, it gave me a feeling of being too heavy. Like, solid is just the same material all the way through. Nothing inside. No interesting hidden stuff inside. Just meaningless material. Same with concrete. I could just be getting hung up on my impressions of them, but once I do, it's hard to get past it and think of the terms objectively, so I'll just skip past those.

As necessary, they will happily dig into the fine detail of the situation.
    I can't think of any examples of when I did or of how happily I did it.

They focus on what is immediate, practical and real, and live life as it is rather than trying to change the world.
    It's hard to determine whether I focus on that or not or if I live life as it is or not. I do know that the word "practical" gives me some negative, limiting, boring, unimaginative feelings. Change the world sounds like an E.

They like logic and tend to pursue things in a clear sequence. At work, they will have a clear schedule and like to use their proven skills in tactical situations.
    I like logic and I do tend to pursue things in a sequence, though I don't know how clear it is. I hate schedules at work and I only use mine for reminders so I don't get in trouble because I know I'll forget otherwise. I'd rather have nothing on my schedule so I can do whatever during then. It's like my thing with "10 days". I made up 10 days. It is a unit of time that you use to represent any length of time you wish. It can be a year, a millisecond, 4.65 months, anything. It is the most accurate estimation of time possible. I'm going to lunch in 10 days. I'm getting off work in 10 days. It took me 10 days to type this sentence, as well as this paragraph, and the period at the end of this sentence. Also, you start noticing that a lot of people have things happen in 10 days. I suppose using my proven skills is nice. I like knowing I can do something before I do it.

They may be seen as frivolous or short-sighted by Intuitors.
    Great. How does this help? The impression I've given to an Intuitor has never been made aware to me, so this doesn't help at all in determining if I'm a Sensor or not.

Intuitors

Intuitors process data more deeply than sensors and are happy to trust their subconscious and 'sixth sense', gut feel, intuition or whatever you want to call it.
    I can't measure how deeply I process data. Who can? And I don't know how much I trust my subconscious. I usually don't know where thoughts come from. Things remind me of other things a lot. I see something, get an impression from it, and if I don't have something that I need to be doing, I explore that impression and usually end up making up things regarding it.

They are good at spotting patterns and taking a high-level view, as opposed to digging into the detail.
    I can't think of any examples in which I spotted patterns, took a high-level view, or dug into the details instead.

They like ideas and inspiration and tend to have a focus on the future, where they will plan to change the world rather than continue to live in the imperfect present.
    I like ideas a lot. Inspiration is good. I don't really think about the future THAT much, but neither do I think about the present much. I usually daydream. What if I was walking with my family on the street and some hooligans jumped out and tried to attack us. And they even had a knife or a gun! And he held it to my head and I just stood there still and calm like it was nothing. And my family was all scared and didn't know how we'd get out of this situation. And the guy's yelling in my face to do whatever dumb thing he wanted me to do. And then I quickly grab the gun and break his elbow, knee him in the face, kick and break his knee and point the gun to him as he's laying on the ground and say in a calm but serious voice, "get the fuck out of here" and he scrambles away. Then of course my family is probably horrified at me, but they are awed and amazed, if even scared. They thought I was different than that. They didn't know I was capable of that. They underestimated me. Everyone underestimated me! Mwahahahahaha! Yeah.

At work, they like to acquire new skills and working at the strategic level.
    I guess I don't know tactical vs strategic. I do love acquiring new skills. I have this batch file virus thing and I'm always trying to make it better and be more invincible.

They may be seen as impractical, theoretical and lacking determination by Sensors.
    I've NEVER thought of someone as impractical, theoretical, or lacking determination that I can think of. My brother comes to mind, though. He tested as INTP. At camp, he was trying to find a solution to the problem in my card game where someone can win in the first 2 turns. I suggested raising everyone's defense at the beginning. He wanted me to change the function of the Joker to be able to attack with the cards in an additional pile called the reserve pile, in which you can place cards each turn. He said the Joker, being the rarest card, should have more of an interesting role than just a wild card. His idea sounded interesting, but then I quickly realized and pointed out (while packing up my tent without missing a beat) that most of the time people don't get a Joker and so any cards placed in this pile would never get depleted. Since winning requires one to get rid of all of their cards, winning would hinge entirely on getting a Joker, making the game MUCH more luck based, which is what I was trying to get away from.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    ISTx I'd say, most definitely.

The overwhelming focus on details in each of your posts in this thread alone screams S.
    My thoughts exactly. I think an N would be unlikely to write a self-description saying precisely what time they got up, what items they bring to work everyday, your brand of earphones on your MP3 player, or that it takes 12 minutes to walk to work. An N type, if they described these things, would probably use more general terms like I have to get up really early every morning to go to work and I often run a little late.

Also, I've noticed that N's tend to write more about their dreams in life or how they feel different from most people (esp. INs).

I'm leaning slightly towards ISTP but ISTJ is possible. The sensing MBTI descriptions tend to be biased more towards the SJ side of things and many SPs don't relate well to it. Its not at all uncommon for SPs to test as Ns.

For enneagram I'd say either 1w9 or 5w6. What stood out for me in type 1 is how you get rather critical and uptight about other peoples' driving. Of course that's not a whole lot of data to go off on. But the way you described it sounded very type 1-ish.

I think your fiancee complaining about you spending all your time on the computer and things like just watching movies every night sounds more 5 like.

I
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    EPIC

I see. One thing about me is that I like telling stories. When I tell stories, I want the person I'm telling to experience it as close to how I did as possible. Growing up, I usually felt like people weren't interested in what I said and it got frustrating, so I developed a way of communicating these same things so people would be interested in them. I often use suspense in my stories so people want to listen until the end. It gets very annoying to a lot of people because they just want me to get to the point, but my motive is their full attention on me while I'm talking.

As far as the overwhelming amount of details in my previous posts, I purposely included most of them because I've had to provide a lot of them to people in the past in order for them to understand and to give as much type-able examples of my behavior as I could. I also enjoyed telling about them.

I have a reason for a lot of the details I include. From my first post:

Early=before 9:30.
    Most people consider early to be way too early. I specify this to most people that I mean before 9:30 when I say "early" so they know what I'm talking about and also as a joke.

I don't get up until the very last minute because I'm not getting paid for the time my job is taking away from my morning for me to get ready for it, nor the time it takes away from my night by making me go to bed before I'd like, so I go to bed as late as I can without being too tired and minimize the time between getting up and going to work.
    I have to explain this to most people when they ask me why I don't go to bed earlier on work nights or allow more time before work to get ready. It's usually a difficult thing to get people to understand the concept. I've gotten into the habit of explaining things in detail during my life and now I just do it automatically.

I wake up at 7:40 when my alarm goes off.
    Seems like detail for the sake of detail at first, but the rest of the paragraph describes why I do this and to correlate with the fact that I give myself as little time possible to get ready for work. I didn't know if my act of doing this was a trait of one of the types or not, but I included it just in case.

It is set to the local rock station because rock is the closest to the music I like.
    Detail for the sake of detail.

I get up, grab a pair of pants and shirt from the closet, get my socks on, then go out to the kitchen and pour some coffee.
    I was recently asked by my co-worker to explain in detail my morning routine from getting out of bed to going out the door. I pretty much just said it the same way since it was already there and I didn't have to think of it again.

It has a scheduled brew so it starts brewing at 7:30 every morning. It's nice.
    Bragging about my cool coffee maker. Envy me.

I then get my wallet (says Bad Mother Fucker on it)
    Had to include this. Meant to stand out and for people to find humor in.

32 GB flash drive...$160 sunglasses...with my $300 ear phones (Etymotic ER-4P)
    More bragging. Also, maybe having expensive sunglasses would point to a trait of a type. Also wanted to see if anyone here knew of those earphones and wanted to get some reactions about it.

name tag, company cell phone...dinky 2 GB MP3 player that I got for Christmas
    Since I included the bragging stuff, I might as well include this stuff since it's all there on the same counter and I get it at the same time. Mainly details for the sake of detail.

turn it on listening to usually Progressive Metal, Symphonic Metal, or Power Metal, and walk to work.
    Music preferences seem like they would be a strong indicator of at least part of my personality. I also find it difficult to find other people with my same preferences in music, so I wanted to throw them out there in case someone else liked them and wanted to comment on them.

It takes 12 minutes to walk from my front door to the time clock near my office.
    I know this only because when I had to be to work on time, I had to know when the latest I could leave my house was. I included it to show how close to work I live. Most people are surprised I walk to work until I tell them how long it takes me. I don't know how many points of a mile it is. Never thought to measure it.

I said to click on Start, not some other thing that you think will fix it. You called me to fix it, so let me do it and follow what I say.
    I don't mind people trying to figure out their computer, but not when they are taking up my time. I have better things to do like look up my personality type and listen to music. :P

Almost everything else in it was included specifically to give content that could be judged to determine my type. I carefully intended every detail I included for that purpose. Very very few of the details were there just for the sake of providing details.

Maybe none of that matters and only an S would provide details for those reasons anyway.

MBTI
    EPIC

Also, the cognitive processes test. I hope I answered them correctly for me:

ISTP

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************************* (43.1)
    excellent use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.9)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************** (22.7)
    limited use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************* (25.6)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************** (32)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.8)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************** (15.5)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33)
    good use

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    Intuitives have to have a source for the information and I'm pretty sure it doesn't just flow in through their skulls.
    Sometimes it does feel like it just flows in through my skull.