• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

To the lost and found..

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
First , I have to say, I'm really diggin' this forum so far. I get to talk about myself a lot and no one cares because they actually do care. Everyone seems to talk about themselves and yet, stil listen to others at the same time, and some issue is magically resolved, or clarified in some way. It's uncanny. Well, I'm new, so I guess I'll just jump right in, hopefully the water is very astute in psychology and also warm.
This will probably be long, for those of you who care. Some of you really sound like you know what you're talking about, so if you care, give me a hug and tell me that I won't be lost for too long.
Alright, I need help on figuring out me. I can't seem to find me so someone else please do it for me.
So, I have taken a thousand tests and have gotten mostly INTP, INFP, ISFP and a few ISTP. I know I am introverted and lazy, I just need help with the other two. I am inclined to lean more toward INFP, but I just looked at descriptions of ISFP and have read a lot of what of you have said about them, and well.. now I don't know anymore.
It seems both INFP and ISFP match me equally and both match me very accurately. I take the tests were the results tell you the percentage of each, and am always so close to 50% on S and N and also on F and T. I feel confident that I'm an F because I seem to respond to displeasing things by strong feelings that usually are illogical, then need to take a step away before I say some stuff I'll regret. My girlfriend swears up and down I am really "N", and based on what she's said, I believe her. But.. the ISFP description really sounds insanely close to how I am also. And I do like kind of live in the present, enjoy stimulation like randomly jumping in a pool with all my clothes on, and would love to go skydiving and stuff, love animals and nature, like to sleep, won't back out of a fight with a huge dude even though I know I'll lose because it's just something that doesn't happen everyday and is different. But the N seems like me too, I'm in my own little world all the time, kind of weird compared to many, seem to be able to read people well, I'm always thinking of what could happen, usually in my sense of humor, like "wouldn't it be crazy if...". Both say I'm really shy and reserved and hard to get to know, which is an understatement, I'm very socially awkward.

So i'll spare a bunch of details about myself for now because I might just be wasting time with irrelevant little facts that don't pertain to figuring out the N or the S.

So how would anyone here go about trying to give me some peace of mind. I mean, I am up at night, tossing and turning, beating my head against the pilow while the voices in my head are screaming at the top of their imaginary lungs "Ssssssssssssssssssss... WAIT.. or is it Nnnnnnnnnnnn!". I feel like I can't work, can't eat.. food has lost all taste, and now I'm afraid to even turn off the lights at night.
So, I guess this is where we ask questions and answer stuff and try to get me to pay attention to little details about my personality as situations arise.
Won't someone help me? I could really use that hug.

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
Ok. Nevermind. I just read "A quick guide to double checking your type" by vagrantfarce and I would say I'm INFP mostly. I think. Definatley a behind the scenes type, fo sho. The idealists definition does seem more like me. For the artisan definition, I can be bold though, especially when it comes to art in music form. Like when playing in a band, I like to come up with a game plan and hope everyone else agrees, with or without imput, and sticks to it. That's in writing, playing, planning shows and stuff, etc.. So,, okay, nevermind on the nevermind.

Last edited:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm...there was a good thread about enfps and esfps but i haven't seen one for infp isfp but...sameish kinda right...i mean it's ne or se...i guess you could read about those and see which is more fitting.

blackcat?? how'd you come to realize you were isfp instead of infp?

Last edited:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
HighwayChild said:
enjoy stimulation like randomly jumping in a pool with all my clothes on, and would love to go skydiving and stuff, love animals and nature, like to sleep, won't back out of a fight with a huge dude even though I know I'll lose because it's just something that doesn't happen everyday and is different

this is all true for me too :) though maybe not the fight thing... ow... lol

it's not that Ns don't enjoy stimulation, it's simply that we are less attuned to physical information and more attuned to ideas.

i like the difference that "S sees something for what it is; N sees something for what it could be."

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
Oh right, thanks you both of you. I suppose I'll stick with INFP for now. I'm starting to think that maybe I have strong pulls for both but N is probably more fitting of my overall personality. LIke you said, an N that enjoys stimulation very strongly. Oh and yeah, about that fight, I was kind of drunken and well, was just thinking prior to that happening that maybe I need to get in a fight to possibly gain some kind of insight in life or release this burden in my head. Like howling at the moon kind of thing. Or in that movie "I Love You Man" where he was under the pier yelling at the top of his lungs. YOu know, that kind of thing. It sucked though because I ended up on crutches and a boot for 2 months and my mom had to drive me everywhere which sucked for her too because i'm sure she had better things to do.
So my N way of thinking was hopeful that I'd have this life changing experience by randomly getting in a fight with a big drunken dude who was pissed about whatever (the dude was just an insecure child deep down I think).
My S must have been hiding that day, because I should have saw how it was.. big dude + me (lover not a fighter) = a hard punch to the face that somehow resulted in a broken ankle.. = Not a good thing and something that should be avoided.

So is that how it is kind of? N about the possibilities no matter how far fetched.. and S dominant person would have known better? maybe?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i was like this :laugh: because i understand the feeling

Oh and yeah, about that fight, I was kind of drunken and well, was just thinking prior to that happening that maybe I need to get in a fight to possibly gain some kind of insight in life or release this burden in my head. Like howling at the moon kind of thing. Or in that movie "I Love You Man" where he was under the pier yelling at the top of his lungs. YOu know, that kind of thing.

until here

It sucked though because I ended up on crutches and a boot for 2 months and my mom had to drive me everywhere which sucked for her too because i'm sure she had better things to do.

at which point i was like :shock::sad: lol

So my N way of thinking was hopeful that I'd have this life changing experience by randomly getting in a fight with a big drunken dude who was pissed about whatever (the dude was just an insecure child deep down I think).
My S must have been hiding that day, because I should have saw how it was.. big dude + me (lover not a fighter) = a hard punch to the face that somehow resulted in a broken ankle.. = Not a good thing and something that should be avoided.

So is that how it is kind of? N about the possibilities no matter how far fetched.. and S dominant person would have known better? maybe?

haha, sounds decent. a Se aux would probably be a bit more likely to realize the physicality of the guy and the physicality of you and why this is such a bad idea. though, i can also see a Se dom/aux fighting because they want to push their limits and experience the intensity of the fight. your reasons sound more "removed" from the fight itself... like not actually about the fight, but about what the fight could potentially mean, how it would change you internally. sounds like Fi Ne to me.

edit -- oh wait. do you know the jungian functions? damn, i'm using functional notation and i have no idea if you know funtional notation. sorry! so "Se" is extraverted Sensing, associated with being "in the moment" and attending to physical information, follwing physical impulse/instinct and seeking action. an ISFP uses Se the second most automatically (auxiliary, abbr. as aux), and introverted Feeling (Fi) - associated with value-based decision-making - the most automatically (dominant, or dom). the difference is that an INFP uses Ne, extraverted iNtuition - associated with seeing possibilities and connections - instead of Se. here's a better explanation of all of that. learning the functions can help you figure out if you've got your type right. :)

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
Thanks. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, the If Ne stuff and all that. It's from Jung is it? Is that the same guy who studies and interprets dreaming states and whatnot?

"haha, sounds decent. a Se aux would probably be a bit more likely to realize the physicality of the guy and the physicality of you and why this is such a bad idea. though, i can also see a Se dom/aux fighting because they want to push their limits and experience the intensity of the fight. your reasons sound more "removed" from the fight itself... like not actually about the fight, but about what the fight could potentially mean, how it would change you internally. sounds like Fi Ne to me.'\"

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Removing myself from the actual fight but focused on the meaning. So true.

Thanks for the horde of emoticons you felt reading about my woeful adventure. Here is one for you. wait... I can't find the smileys.. um.. here ya go. :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, the If Ne stuff and all that. It's from Jung is it? Is that the same guy who studies and interprets dreaming states and whatnot?

"haha, sounds decent. a Se aux would probably be a bit more likely to realize the physicality of the guy and the physicality of you and why this is such a bad idea. though, i can also see a Se dom/aux fighting because they want to push their limits and experience the intensity of the fight. your reasons sound more "removed" from the fight itself... like not actually about the fight, but about what the fight could potentially mean, how it would change you internally. sounds like Fi Ne to me.'\"

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Removing myself from the actual fight but focused on the meaning. So true.

Thanks for the horde of emoticons you felt reading about my woeful adventure. Here is one for you. wait... I can't find the smileys.. um.. here ya go. :)

lol you're welcome! i like how smileys can make up for lack of intonation, even if they are a bit ridiculous. thanks for the :)

:)