User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    No pics I can upload at the mo, I'm afraid. Do you really find that V.I. works/helps for type? I wouldn't have thought so, except maybe a little bit for ESFPs flinging their beer at the camera and roaring with laughter, that sort of thing.
    I was V.I-ed as ESFP (exactly for having coctail in my hands) on Socionics forum, and by Jack Flak as ESFP and ESFJ. So...

no i dont think it works

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

y'all think THIS is a typical intj? :

Spends a lot of time looking after his elderly mom, caring for practical matters in his community etc. On the basis of offering practical help he is amazing, I think he really will do anything remotely reasonable for someone he considers a friend.

I say ENTJ/ESTJ, maybe ESFJ.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

ESTJ rather obvious typing

clearly an EJ type, thinking

the only possible doubt could be on N/S, but his extremely responsible streak sounds more ESTJ than ENTJ
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I'd say ISTJ or ESTJ. Obvious SJ, anyway.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I thought INTJ just a split second before I read it in your OP.

I find it super odd that people are saying E, cause the thought of spending 6 weeks alone hiking in the mountains makes me want to scream in terror and rip out my hair.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    I thought INTJ just a split second before I read it in your OP.

I find it super odd that people are saying E, cause the thought of spending 6 weeks alone hiking in the mountains makes me want to scream in terror and rip out my hair.
    I'd personally love it...and I'm a strong extravert. But I love mountains and hiking, so I wouldn't mind being alone. Moreover, usually you meet a lot of people during this type of trip.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

INTJ
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

He just seems really N to me...but who knows, that could be because I've spent way too much time over the last while crushing on a definite SP (definitely ExSP, probably ESFP) and have at long last realised what a waste of time it has been... (though to be fair, not specifically because he's an SP, just because he's really immature and hasn't sorted himself out.)

I know a definite INTP who's also extremely responsible in a similar way to this guy, so I don't think that would necessarily indicate for sure that he's ISTJ or ESTJ. I'm open to the possibility, though.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Well I just spent ten days on holiday with this guy and a couple of our friends and have more to flesh out the picture. I am pretty well certain he's an N but besides that...? Sadly, nothing actually happened but we did get along like a house on fire.

-He seems very genuinely to have a tough exterior but a romantic soul. (I mean "genuinely" as opposed to "trying to look that way to attract women.") The romantic soul part comes from the type of literature/art he is into, and the fact that he told me about having his heart broken several years ago and the fact that only now was he allowing himself to think again about certain things pertaining to that relationship because before that it was too painful... In regards to another relationship, he said "there was nothing much in it really" (mainly long distance, they didn't know each other that well etc) "but it took me a while to get over it because I'd obviously built up and invested some dreams in it" ...oh, I knew exactly what he meant.

He also said something interesting, we both live in London and while I am still smitten with London he is not...well, he did grow up here so it's a bit different. But he said "I get so tired of how people are in London, so rude, uncaring etc, I find it really painful." I thought "painful" was very interesting. A lot of people would just say they found it annoying, obnoxious etc etc. But he is also a bit hard-headed and a bit tactless and has a short temper (which he warned me about himself before the holiday.) He also managed to annoy one of our friends (they are good friends but the personality conflicts) and said to me in connection with that "please tell me if I'm in danger of ruining this holiday" (which I thought was pretty funny.)

-It seems that he is both serious and responsible, but also bohemian and rock 'n' roll...well, maybe he is mainly that way on holiday...but we certainly consumed more drinks and had more laughs than the other two we were with... And he was so mischievous sometimes it really surprised me... I don't think the ascetic streak/self-denial thing that I thought originally particularly applies. It's more that he doesn't often allow himself the time because he has too many other more important priorities.

-He also said that he feels he doesn't have many friends because he just can't be bothered to put the investment in. (He had also said "I think I'm too self-absorbed to be a relationship".) That did sound INTJ, I thought. My mom is one and it reminded me a bit of her.

I'm totally smitten, by the way, and wondering what my next move should be.

EDIT: He took an awful lot of drugs and did an awful lot of crazy things when younger...but he said it was mostly about trying to find the meaning of life...I actually believe him...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

-He also said that he feels he doesn't have many friends because he just can't be bothered to put the investment in. (He had also said "I think I'm too self-absorbed to be a relationship".) That did sound INTJ, I thought. My mom is one and it reminded me a bit of her.
    I don't like the bolded part. Keep an eye out for further evidence to substantiate or refute that statement. Falling in love with an emotionally unavailable person is a sure recipe for heartbreak. Just sayin.

I'm totally smitten, by the way, and wondering what my next move should be.
    (1) Have him take an online MBTI test and stop guessing his type. His MBTI type doesn't matter half as much as getting him to sit down in front of a computer.

Thomson-Maidenbaum Personality Inventory

(2) When he's clicked the submit button and tells you his type, walk up to him and say "ABCD's are supposed to be good kissers..." and plant one on him.

(3) If good kisser = keep after him.
    If bad kisser = keep moving, find a new guy.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro