• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hm, could use a bit of help with my type. INFx? (Beware! LONG, boring post.)

EdBogie

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, I've taken quite a few tests and read up a decent amount as well, but I'm still not entirely sure of my type. Just when I think I've found a match, I read something that contradicts it and it stumps me. There's a lot of things in both INFJ and INFP that seem to apply to me, but if what I hear is correct, the two are very different. o_0

Anywho! I'm going to try to give a overly detailed description of myself, or at least how I view myself and what I've been told, and see if you "typology" masters can figure me out, haha... x_x

First of all, I've written more in this post than I would probably speak in at least a week's period. I'm never this open about myself, but I frequent many forums and find it much easier to open up to people who don't know me in real life. I doubt anyone will actually read all this, in fact I'm not even sure why I'm typing all this out.... but none-the-less! Here it is.

~ As stated above, I'm very quiet, even around close friends. I'll almost never talk unless spoken to, and if I do it's so quiet that 90% of the time they won't hear me. Showing emotion is difficult for me, I feel that when I do try to show my emotions, it comes out forced and appears fake, even if it's just a shadow of what I feel inside. My friends mean the world to me and I would literally do anything for them, but I often feel that they think I really don't care because of my reserved disposition. I also feel that people who don't know me think that I'm avoiding them because I don't like them, when I really just try to stay out of people's way.

~ I hate myself for that, other things too, but mostly that. I feel a strong desire to help and reach out to people or at least appear somewhat friendly, but I'm held back by my own lack of self-confidence. I despise the thought of being the one who tries to help someone, but fails and ends up being more of a nuisance than a help. Giving (and receiving) compliments is very awkward for me. Socializing drains me and I need my alone time, but if I don't see my friends at least once a week I feel terrible. The thought of losing them terrifies me. The thought of them in pain/suffering kills me, but all I can seem to offer in response to their troubles is a lame "I'm sorry." I hate that about myself, with a passion.

~ I rarely feel anger towards the majority of people, I'm not annoyed easily, and I'm overly apologetic. You step on my toe, I'll say sorry because I was in your way. I don't mind when people cut me in line. I'm not usually offended by insults, because I'll most likely agree with you and I'll be angry at myself if anyone. I don't like annoying people or causing people to do anything more for me than they have to. If I get the wrong order at a restaurant, I'll just eat it to keep from causing the waiter trouble. I'll usually decline people's food/drink offers when I'm at their house. I hate being late. I'm not afraid to laugh at myself and/or admit I was wrong. I don't like conflict.

~ However! If you do get on my bad side, which is pretty hard to do, I'm pretty much the complete opposite of what I stated above. My dad is one of those people, and I can't help but feel raw anger swell up at just the sight of him. I'll avoid him for the most part, but when we are together we're constantly arguing. I can't stand his judgmental, hypocritical, "my crap smells good" mentality, and it shows. Voices are raised, doors are slammed, and I will relentlessly defend my case. I also have no tolerance for people that mess with my friends, and will boldly confront them at whatever cost.

~ I'm very indecisive. Picking out birthday cards for friends can take hours. When making any purchase, I will read up endlessly on the pros and cons, studying each one carefully before finally making a decision. Bigger ticket items can take months, even years.

~ I'm not competitive with other people, I don't mind losing, in fact I prefer it. I am, however, VERY competitive against myself, constantly striving to improve at whatever I'm doing. I'm very, very hard on myself. I'm highly self motivated in things I have an interest in. I will try to learn whatever it is inside-out. I'll read as much as possible on the subject, set up a practice/study schedule, watch instructional videos, ect...

~ If I lack interest though, I have awful procrastination habits. As a self-taught homeschooler, I'll put off my work until the last moment possible, which often results in me doing a years worth of lessons all in a couple months before my yearly evaluation. I can do it, but I always kick myself in regret as I struggle to cram all the useless, yet "necessary" information.

~ Music is my passion. I play guitar, piano, and Irish whistle, but I would love to play any instrument if I had the time, money, and space. My dream job would be a film score composer, but anything to do with music would be great. I don't believe I'm good enough to make a living off of it though, so I'm not sure what I want to do as a career.

~ I have a strong interest in doing missions work, I love service projects, and I hope to adopt at least one needy child down the road. My relationship with Jesus is extremely important to me, and I want to ultimately serve Him in whatever I end up doing with my life.

~ As a major bookworm, I LOVE to read. I can sit and get lost for hours in a book, mostly fiction. I'm a big fan of word games: Scrabble, Boggle, crosswords, etc... I like to write, but it takes me forever to write anything due to my obsession with editing. I have to make sure it comes out just right, or I'll delete it. Takes me hours to reply to a message from a friend, and I'll still cringe when I press the "send" button. =\

~ I enjoy drawing, photography, speedcubing (solving rubik's cubes and other similar puzzles for speed), Tetris, ping pong, juggling, and card tricks. (in other words, I'm a nerd) I'm decent at math, but I hate it. I love rain/thunderstorms. I like sad films/books/music, "happy endings" annoy me. I daydream often. I'm drawn to strange, somewhat disturbing things. I LOVE cats. (I will no doubt be that crazy old lady with 50+ cats when I'm elderly.) I hate crowds. At parties, you will either find me alone in a corner, or hanging out with the household pets. I'm entirely nocturnal, I go to sleep at 7-8AM and get up at 3-4PM, I love night time.

~ I keep a pretty low-profile appearance. I wear all black, just t-shirts and jeans. No makeup, accessories, etc... I've got long hair that I wear down in my face. I'd be open to wearing bolder/artsier clothing, but I hate attention. My friends are constantly bugging me about my posture, which is terrible at best.

~ I'm messy yet organized at the same time... if that makes any sense. My room looks like a mess, but I have a spot for everything, and I know where everything is. If someone comes in my room and moves even the smallest thing, I'll notice it immediately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woah, sorry for the massive post. Didn't intend for it to be that long, ugh, sorry. =\

Anywho, feel free to ask me questions. Any replies are greatly appreciated, but I don't blame you if you don't want to read all that.

Chloe

INFP. Didnt read it all, sorry, but still sounds INFP

EdBogie

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thanks. ^_^

Yeah, I know it's way too long, I'm sorry. =\

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Great! Now I have to read it because you made me feel guilty...I don't even really buy this typology stuff. Alright...hold on.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
just a suggestion from tert Te... it'd be less tldr if you could break it up into sections somehow. even just created a bolded "subject" word for each bullet point or something, like friends:...

i'll read it too though. brb with opinion.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think INFP sounds about right. If you're having trouble boxing yourself into one type, it's not because there's something wrong with your understanding of yourself or typology: it's because personality is in flux, constantly. You don't always show perceiving functions and you don't always show judging functions. You naturally vacillate between both. Some people vacillate more than others. It's not a bad thing. In fact, I think it's an indicator of well-roundedness and flexibility. Cheers.

EdBogie

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ahh, thanks so much. Your replies are greatly appreciated! :]

I'll check out those links, and do some more research. Quite fascinating, I must say. ^_^