• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ, INFP, or INTP?: Type me . . .

What's my type?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• INTP

• ISFJ

• INTJ

• Total voters

Rachel

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
5w4
How would you type me?

When i first tested on the MBTI over a year ago, i received INFP. Then i joined a few forums and learned more about it, and in the last couple of months i've typed INFJ. INFJ seems to fit, but INFP also fits. I also have developed Ti, but i'm not sure it's enough to make me a T.

So, to figure out my type, you can ask me questions, and i'll do my best to answer.

Not sure if this helps but i'm Enneagram 5w4.

Thx

Anamalech

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
5w4
Post a video of yourself talking about anything for a few mins. Will help :p

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hi!

i think i'll build off some questions i asked anamalech earlier for you too...

- how do you feel about upcoming scheduled events? do they make you concerned that something might arise that you'd rather do, or are you satisfied to have something that you want to do locked down?
- what do you think about other people in general, in relation to you?
- when you picture the things you'd like to do in the future, how does the time between then and now look? do you have a good idea of how you see things going as you reach your goal, or just a general sense of where you'd like to be eventually?
- pick any experience you really like and talk about what you cognitively like about it.
- talk a little bit about a regular day in your life, and your thoughts on/during it.

answer whatever you feel like, the more, the better :)

Rachel

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
5w4
Thx skylights.

- how do you feel about upcoming scheduled events? do they make you concerned that something might arise that you'd rather do, or are you satisfied to have something that you want to do locked down?

- i like to plan things out. I do prefer scheduling things in advance, but i'm always worried about whether i'll be able to stay on track. I like havings locked down. I hate inconsistency. But i also appreciate having some flexiblity. If i get too locked in and feel as if i can make adjustments as things happen, i become anxious.

- what do you think about other people in general, in relation to you?

I enjoy listening and do engaging in a good discussion with anyone on topics/subjects which are interesting to me and others. But large groups or crowds are difficult to handle. There's too much the sense that you need to perform or accommodate a very "social" atmosphere when i'm around a group of people. And I'm not a fan of personal attention.

- when you picture the things you'd like to do in the future, how does the time between then and now look? do you have a good idea of how you see things going as you reach your goal, or just a general sense of where you'd like to be eventually?

I have goals i like working towards but i've learned that it's important to enjoy life, the moments (right now) and not worry about the future. I have anxiety so i'm stuggling to find a balance between the two. I have a general sense of where i'd like to be, but i'd rather be more defined about what will be while allowing myself some room to be spontaneous along the way.

- pick any experience you really like and talk about what you cognitively like about it.

I like going to the movies and checking out bookstores. I enjoy the spaciousness and intellectual vibe of being in the bookstore. I've always loved films because of great stories told well. I enjoy the feel of watching a film - romantic comedy/drama. I like the intensity of the experience, the excitement and passion brought to the screen. But of course, this is usually when i'm watching. I also enjoy discussing the film - usually the themes, how they played out in the characters, cause/effect, consequences, actions/reactions, current events, connection to personal issues or psychological effects of media or representation of emotional/personal experiences in media. New perspectives on any situation brought to life on the big or small screen.

- talk a little bit about a regular day in your life, and your thoughts on/during it.

see above

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
For what it's worth, I get more of an INFJ vibe from you than INFP. I don't know if I could explain why, though.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For what it's worth, I get more of an INFJ vibe from you than INFP. I don't know if I could explain why, though.

me too. and that'd give you tert Ti. i have a harder time seeing you as an INTP, just based off the way you communicate.

it's easy for J/P to get mixed up especially if you're not particularly strong on it. tests tend to veer REALLY FAR J or REALLY FAR P and both options can tend to seem ridiculous. they focus a lot on outward organization, too. i like lists and plans and agendas and organizational tools but i'm definitely a P. i attribute that stuff to Te instead.

Rachel

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
5w4
me too. and that'd give you tert Ti. i have a harder time seeing you as an INTP, just based off the way you communicate.

Could you explain why? Just so that i have a sense of the differences between the types.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
^ actually, I dont know about ESFJ for you, but i was about to ask you what makes you think you're an N not an S.....

?

Rachel

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
5w4
^ actually, I dont know about ESFJ for you, but i was about to ask you what makes you think you're an N not an S.....

?

As I said in the OP, when I take the MBTI, a majority of the time my result is N. I've questioned the N/S before, but I'm honestly not sure how to differentiate them based on the MBTI descriptions or tests. But I am definitely intuitive.

And it would be better if questions were asked related to N vs. S. That would help.

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
well we're all intuitive to some extent, and while the test is a good baseline/starting point, you have to weed it out as you are doing so now...

And it would be better if questions were asked related to N vs. S. That would help.

hehe, asking for questions in a structured, organized manner? that makes you appear very SJ indeed :)

If i had to guess, i'd say you're a very well educated ISFJ. Higher education has been known by some here and other typologists to raise/elevate your inuitive side and make it stronger/more often used, so it fits the bill I think.

I suggest doing a cognitive processes test, see what that tells ya.

Rachel

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
5w4
thx nozflubber. Not sure though why you think S.

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
well I'm guessing that by SJ characteristics, not generalized S ones :) ISFJs can have strong Ti too, by the by.

Rachel

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
5w4
well I'm guessing that by SJ characteristics, not generalized S ones :) ISFJs can have strong Ti too, by the by.

Ah, i see. I'll have to read more about SJ characteristics then :)

Rachel

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
5w4
Does anyone else get an ISFJ vibe? If you do, could you explain why? Thx.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
I think you are an XXXX in that you don't fit anytype perfectly. I actually think you are closest to ESTJ.