• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I Suspect but I'm not Sure

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hi all.
I have a friend.
He just moved away.
I never really thought about his type before because he was just AWSOME to me. What did type matter really?
But now he's gone, and I'm curious.

Things I can tell you about him:
  • Very easy going. VERY easy going. (not that he couldn't get stressed out, he could, just about personal things, not situational things) One might think he was on drugs if it weren't for the absolute clarity with which he spoke.
  • Very intelligent (though I know that's not limited to type at all).
  • Artist, and art major.
  • Currently off for 6 months of volunteering in a war-torn country.
  • Prone to wearing tunic shirts, sandals, and keeping his hair long.
  • Very deep, good conversations about real topics, and they never made him uncomfortable.
  • Vaguely Buddhist (though I also know that type doesn't determine religion)
  • I always felt on the same page with him and he said he felt the same with me, our minds worked very similarly.
  • He was definitely more assertive than I (though he's about 5 years older, so that could effect it).
  • A major facilitator. He said he wasn't good at talking but he'd invite everyone to go out. He got people together, he made community just by being there.
  • He made everyone feel wanted and interesting.
  • He was gentle but definitely authoritative.
  • Subtle sense of humor.
  • Never judging.
  • Never arrogant.
  • Didn't always have open body language even if he was willing to be open.
  • Comfortable about talking about philosophy and religion and politics and causes and goals but not really into talking about his history.
  • very in tune to...well, me at least, I imagine other people too.
  • A teacher right now.
  • follows his muse.
  • definitely a brotherly/paternal nature about him.

So, what do you think?

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Hard to tell from what you've written about the J/P side of things. I'm going to assume P because if he was an INFJ I doubt you'd always feel on the same page, being an xnfp yourself. Plus they can come across as judgemental. Also tricky re the E/I side of things, but I think you'd know if he were an ENFP. They're not that hard to pick. ;) Philosophy, religion, politics strongly suggests N.

So yeah, INFP. Looking at that short biography one might say so INFP that you probably made him up.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
And yet he is so very real. lol. I have pictures if you need proof. :p
How could I tell if he was an ENFP? If he got goofy? He hung out with people a lot more than I do. Several times a week, and seemed to enjoy company, even if he was mostly silent.
He's a youngest child.
Was apparently a bit violent and angry in his youth. Got in fights and felt anxty.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
INFP 9w1 most likely, or INFJ E 9w1 would be my guess. Both types, (usually with this E type) have gentleness, that nurturing quality, and ability to make everyone feel special. Hope that helps :)

ENFPs humour is not always subtle, and I'd say their body language is more open that what you describe. Maybe look at the INFP/INFJ/ENFP videos on 'The video challenge thread' to double check.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFP or INFJ E 9w1 would be my guess. Both types, (usually with this E type) have gentleness, that nurturing quality, and ability to make everyone feel special. Hope that helps :)

Yes, that does help, thank you. But, what do you mean by "usually with this E type"?

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
ah. Thank you. :)