User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 65

  1. #1
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default INTJ or INTp or ENTP or INTJ or ENFJ or INFP or ISFP...???? WhoTF cares!?

    Sooooooooooooo... I've broken down and started this thread. I cannot for the life of me pin down whether my four letter prison ends with a J or a P. Most of you don't know who I am and so I can't expect too much at first, but hopefully this will change quickly.

    Ask questions accordingly. Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    four letter prison? you're a P

    new idea. have you run through all the functions? if you can figure out which functions you rely on the most and are most natural at, then you'll get a good sense of your type without having to worry about J-P outwardly. that was they way i resolved my E-I dilemma.

    other than that, how do you feel about decision-making?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    four letter prison? you're a P
    +1 :yim_rolling_on_the_

    that's the best name for MBTI type I have ever heard. :yim_rolling_on_the_

  4. #4
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    four letter prison? you're a P

    new idea. have you run through all the functions? if you can figure out which functions you rely on the most and are most natural at, then you'll get a good sense of your type without having to worry about J-P outwardly. that was they way i resolved my E-I dilemma.

    other than that, how do you feel about decision-making?
    I have, but I feel that I am too biased in my self evaluation of which functions I use. I always feel like I may be lying on them. For example I may misunderstand the functions and there meaning so what I think is Ne is actually Ni and so forth... it's irritating.

    Decision-making? Hmmmm... that's a tricky situation. It's not that I don't like making them, but I never feel that I'll make the best choice so I end up not making them at all, hoping that I get a definite cue in order to make a right decision, from some one, or thing. Ironically enough the only way to know if I'm good at making decisions is to make them.

  5. #5
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I have, but I feel that I am too biased in my self evaluation of which functions I use. I always feel like I may be lying on them. For example I may misunderstand the functions and there meaning so what I think is Ne is actually Ni and so forth... it's irritating.
    good point, that's smart of you. especially since if you are close to the J-P border, then your functions will be weak preferences, so they might not be super obvious. one thing about Ne vs Ni that makes it obvious to me - just in case it's helpful to you - is that Ni users generally get a good sense of how things will go in the future. i have little sense of this, lol. i have about 500 ideas about how it might go, but i don't have much confidence to pin one as the most likely.

    Decision-making? Hmmmm... that's a tricky situation. It's not that I don't like making them, but I never feel that I'll make the best choice so I end up not making them at all, hoping that I get a definite cue in order to make a right decision, from some one, or thing. Ironically enough the only way to know if I'm good at making decisions is to make them.
    i'm sure you already know this, but just to analyze it, J is a preference for making decisions while P is the preference for gathering information. it sounds here that you are stalling decision to gather more information, which does suggest P.

    i live with two INTPs and i feel like both of them are very close to the J-P border too, which is part of why i'm quick to guess you as P. they both are meticulous with their possessions and are very organized in some ways, and disorganized in others. both like having a sense of what the plan is, and can be very annoyed when the plan changes, but both can also really procrastinate endless amounts and be quite avoidant.

    so what makes you think J, and what makes you think P?

  6. #6
    ¡MI TORTA! Amethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    four letter prison? you're a P
    That answers that.

  7. #7
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i'm sure you already know this, but just to analyze it, J is a preference for making decisions while P is the preference for gathering information. it sounds here that you are stalling decision to gather more information, which does suggest P.

    i live with two INTPs and i feel like both of them are very close to the J-P border too, which is part of why i'm quick to guess you as P. they both are meticulous with their possessions and are very organized in some ways, and disorganized in others. both like having a sense of what the plan is (like a J), and can be very annoyed when the plan changes, but both can also really procrastinate endless amounts and be quite avoidant.

    so what makes you think J, and what makes you think P?
    I read a description about J and a fact that resonated with me is my need for closure. I do procrastinate, but doing so makes me jumpy and nervous, this makes me believe that perhaps I would rather just finish whatever task I'm given, but this isn't so as I continuously stall. This is where the uncertainty of this aspect comes into play. I have this nagging feeling that whenever I'm making a decision that I'm making them based on what someone else would do and not what I would do. I feel awkward and unauthentic because of this, which (to bridge over to another issue I have) makes me think that I'm an F because I take consideration from others way too much, which kills the independency that is strongly associated with T's. Before I get too far off track; I think I am J as well because of my punctuality. I strongly dislike being late, however this could be linked to a feeling of guilt that I am inconviencing others, so I try to push such thoughts aside and I relax. As I write this I understand that none of these really define what F would be because it's all about how you make a decision not about emotions. When I make decisions I am more objective nowadays than I would be before. I can detach myself from my values in order to make a decision and I do rather well I believe. I haven't really analyzed that aspect of my decision making in full I suppose.

    I have read so much about this and I find so many contradictions and I read from those and take in information from those that don't really know what they're talking about, but I realized to late and now I'm stuck with a ton of contradictions, which I'm trying sort into false and true statements. This makes me think that I am T, however the almost exact same set of functions (though in different order) correspond with INFJ (a type which some say is the most thinking of the feelers). I'm stuck.

    Sorry for the length.

  8. #8
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    That answers that.
    Hahaha, you'd think.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Moonstone3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9, 5
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I read a description about J and a fact that resonated with me is my need for closure. I do procrastinate, but doing so makes me jumpy and nervous, this makes me believe that perhaps I would rather just finish whatever task I'm given, but this isn't so as I continuously stall. This is where the uncertainty of this aspect comes into play. I have this nagging feeling that whenever I'm making a decision that I'm making them based on what someone else would do and not what I would do. I feel awkward and unauthentic because of this, which (to bridge over to another issue I have) makes me think that I'm an F because I take consideration from others way too much, which kills the independency that is strongly associated with T's. Before I get too far off track; I think I am J as well because of my punctuality. I strongly dislike being late, however this could be linked to a feeling of guilt that I am inconviencing others, so I try to push such thoughts aside and I relax. As I write this I understand that none of these really define what F would be because it's all about how you make a decision not about emotions. When I make decisions I am more objective nowadays than I would be before. I can detach myself from my values in order to make a decision and I do rather well I believe. I haven't really analyzed that aspect of my decision making in full I suppose.

    I have read so much about this and I find so many contradictions and I read from those and take in information from those that don't really know what they're talking about, but I realized to late and now I'm stuck with a ton of contradictions, which I'm trying sort into false and true statements. This makes me think that I am T, however the almost exact same set of functions (though in different order) correspond with INFJ (a type which some say is the most thinking of the feelers). I'm stuck.

    Sorry for the length.
    You sound like me. Lack of decision making, detaching yourself from values to make a decision-to an extent. These sound like INTP qualities, compounded by the fact that you can't figure out a type. Is your decision making stalling because you are trying to find the best possible answer? If so, that's INTP. My best friend is INFJ, and she needs stuff to be over and done. She will often do a half-job to get something done. I don't do halfway. I can't decide. If you were a J, you'd end the stalling. I do factor in how others feel when making a choice. I don't think many people know this is a hidden INTP trait. I think it has do with creating the overall, least chaotic good in an environment.
    How often you go off on small tangents in your writing sounds like INTP, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I haven't really analyzed that aspect of my decision making in full I suppose.
    This sentence screams INTP. You don't want to state your position because you haven't sat down and sorted your thoughts and reached a full conclusion, so no one can completely hold you to what you say-you're not fully sure, yet.
    The fact that you're pouring so much thought into all this and researching sounds INTP.
    I can see how many think the INFJ is the most thinking feeler. They just hide it well. But I sort that one out quickly by asking this one question: Do you react because of feelings or thoughts? Spur of the moment decision making is a trait of my friend. These usually come out of fear, vulnerability, or extreme anger. I didn't answer her calls for a week and she deleted my number, deleted her My Space, and changed her email. This looks like a thinker, being able to shut feelings out-but it's actually a feeler because she did all this out of a combo of 'anger', 'assuming I was mad' and 'looking stupid.'
    I may contemplate many things in an emotional moment, or 2 hours as I was driving yesterday morning, but I wait and look at all possible aspects of the situation, and decide if my emotions are rational before I ever show them-unless I am compromised-then I freak.
    Hope all this rambling helps!
    What is normal to one, is incomprehensible to another.

    ALL anger in this world stems from a lack of control.


    All of reality bows to the illusion of life and death.

  10. #10
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone3 View Post
    You sound like me. Lack of decision making, detaching yourself from values to make a decision-to an extent. These sound like INTP qualities, compounded by the fact that you can't figure out a type. Is your decision making stalling because you are trying to find the best possible answer? If so, that's INTP.
    I search for the best possible answer, coupled with a fear of not wanting to make the wrong answer, which makes me contemplate to the max. Still INTP sounding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone3 View Post
    My best friend is INFJ, and she needs stuff to be over and done. She will often do a half-job to get something done. I don't do halfway. I can't decide. If you were a J, you'd end the stalling. I do factor in how others feel when making a choice. I don't think many people know this is a hidden INTP trait. I think it has do with creating the overall, least chaotic good in an environment.
    How often you go off on small tangents in your writing sounds like INTP, too.
    I'm liking this consistency.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone3 View Post
    This sentence screams INTP. You don't want to state your position because you haven't sat down and sorted your thoughts and reached a full conclusion, so no one can completely hold you to what you say-you're not fully sure, yet.
    The fact that you're pouring so much thought into all this and researching sounds INTP.
    I can see how many think the INFJ is the most thinking feeler. They just hide it well. But I sort that one out quickly by asking this one question: Do you react because of feelings or thoughts? Spur of the moment decision making is a trait of my friend. These usually come out of fear, vulnerability, or extreme anger. I didn't answer her calls for a week and she deleted my number, deleted her My Space, and changed her email. This looks like a thinker, being able to shut feelings out-but it's actually a feeler because she did all this out of a combo of 'anger', 'assuming I was mad' and 'looking stupid.'
    I may contemplate many things in an emotional moment, or 2 hours as I was driving yesterday morning, but I wait and look at all possible aspects of the situation, and decide if my emotions are rational before I ever show them-unless I am compromised-then I freak.
    Hope all this rambling helps!
    This is also very comforting to hear. The reassurance helps X100 fold. Thank you.

    P.S. I find myself in a lot of those scenarios and I think I would have acted the same way.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-03-2015, 04:08 PM
  2. Questioning my type... am I INTJ, INFJ, or ISFP?
    By theanchorite in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 02:04 PM
  3. INTJ or ISFP? (Ni-Fi or Fi-Ni looping)
    By Nicki in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 02:49 PM
  4. INFP or ISFP?
    By Sunshine in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 12:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO