User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    wait...so you signed up like a year ago and are just now asking? that's curious.
    Well, actually I'm pretty active on INFJ forums, but I wanted a second opinion from another community. I hadn't really ever connected with any people here, but I have been aware for some time about the theory.

I hope I'm not seeming sketchy by doing this. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Enneagram
    9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Actually...

What is it with T's who are less inclined to tap into their F side? I notice many F's who can pass for T.. While strong T types seem to struggle more with F and might even find it all unnecessary.
    I'd think it's because lots of schooling and work-related stuff causes F's to need to develop their T, whereas it's pretty easy to get validation and function in the world without ever developing F.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

no... no questions you seem very infp to me.
    was just wondering how that happened...like...a year later remembering an account you had and deciding to ask...i just thought it an odd funny thing...not sketchy tho no worries funny self conscious infp person.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

Ok great!

Thanks for the input.

I think an INTP who values feelings.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by KazeCraven View Post
    Okay, I just want to say that I'm pretty convinced that I'm either INFP or INTP, but one thing that bothers me is that there seems to be a strong dichotomy between the two: either you have Ti or Fi, and the opposite function must be very weak.

I think I'm an INFP, but I'm really good with (and enjoy) logical puzzles and problem solving, so I'm not sure whether that's just an anomaly or whether I should really reconsider my type because of it.

What do you guys think?
    The F/T just indicates preference, not skill. An INTP prefers to use Ti, but that doesn't necessarily mean he/she is super smart. Similarly, an INFP may not prefer to use Ti, but that doesn't mean he/she cannot be good at it.

There are quite a number of INFPs on this forum who have T-type careers in science and technology
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

my infp friend has always been a huge sherlock holmes fan and i have learned to value feelings. but feeling for T is quite different than feeling for F. for feelers the feelings side is pretty constant, but for me logical thinking side is constant. im kind of like trying to figure out what my Ne tells me using logic all the time and thats how i understand whats going on behind the scenes and around me.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    my infp friend has always been a huge sherlock holmes fan and i have learned to value feelings. but feeling for T is quite different than feeling for F. for feelers the feelings side is pretty constant, but for me logical thinking side is constant. im kind of like trying to figure out what my Ne tells me using logic all the time and thats how i understand whats going on behind the scenes and around me.
    you said exactly what i was going to go for

feelers "feel" pretty much all the time. we're almost always attuned to atmosphere/impression and people dynamics. thinkers "think" all the time. they're almost always attuned to logic and the way things work.

i also do programming and enjoy strategy and logic too, but it's only of good quality when i actually pay attention to it, whereas i "feel" pretty much regardless of whether i want to or not.

I also say INFP who enjoys strategy.

And also, it's easier to get away in world with not valuing feelings than with not valuing strategy. There is no feeling class in school, but math is.

I am extreme F, but I am extremely good in math, to the point they say I am completely insane that I dont pursue it--but I dont enjoy it, I used to somewhat, mostly because I was good and feels good to be so good in something, and to figure something what others cant. But as purpose in life - Hah. I couldnt care less to be some great mathematician.

I have very NF goals and interests, for me to be happy I need to make a difference in emotional lives of people.
    Also, math is pretty much only place where I am able to be logical, because there I can detach, it's very removed from real life. Other places I cant detach, so I am irrational.

Maybe you should view more at NF vs. NT.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    An INFP who enjoys strategy.
    This. INTPs tend not to exactly enjoy strategy (they prefer idle analysis and speculation), but INFPs, especially if they're older, could very well enjoy strategy due to inferior Te. INTPs on the other hand, are F-inferior and Fe, so they're not likely to be good at, or comfortable with, exploring their own feelings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole