User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Question So am I an ENFP?

Well there's no denying that I'm an ENP. But I'm not positive on the 4th letter.

I always test as a very strong T.... I don't think there's been a single time I've gotten less than 80% T. It's true, I prefer to judge things objectively (which pisses people off when they want me to automatically side with them just because we're friends). And I'm more task-oriented than people-oriented (though I'm still an E). I'm really not the romantic sort at all, nor do I really care to "nurture" others. If someone asks me for an opinion, I don't mince words...I'm blunt, because to me, they're asking me for a truth, not for a canned compliment.

However, when I read the descriptions of Ts versus Fs, that's where I ponder/wonder. Ts are described as 'steam-rolling' and persistent about their own ideas/strategies/opinions.

When I'm discussing something with others, I always join in and offer my stance, backed by my reasoning, etc. I do have a bad habit of automatically playing the 's advocate - partially to test out the strength of the other person's reasoning, but also because I think it's fun. Though the homo sapiens hate it.

BUT, if it's necessary to get along with the group (that is, they're colleagues at work, or maybe just a professor who determines the fate of my GPA etc), I shut up as soon as I notice that the others grow weary of the argument/debate. Or if they start to go all emo soap opera on me (politics!)... I know that if I keep pushing, it'll get ugly, and I don't need drama when I can just walk away. In both cases, if I kept arguing, I'd just set myself up to be portrayed in a negative light, which can hinder work/school networking success.

It is in my best interest to not cause a stir in the wrong circles. Group harmony... I understand that this is a chief F trait. In fact, it's such a strong factor in the T/F divide, I think it outweighs most of my "T" traits.

Plus, I use emoticons. I like 'em, they help make text communication easier. Seems more face-to-face and active.

NOTE: I'm female...in case the whole F is for Female, T is for Tarzan issue is relevant here...
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

You sound ENTP to me.

Mondo also has a lot of Fe for an ENTP. But anyway, I don't care about 'group harmony.' For me, Fi usually manifests itself as insisting on expressing and living by my values at the expense of group harmony.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Liesl View Post
    You sound ENTP to me.

Mondo also has a lot of Fe for an ENTP. But anyway, I don't care about 'group harmony.' For me, Fi usually manifests itself as insisting on expressing and living by my values at the expense of group harmony.
    ^ Now that's just crazy talk. Other humans can influence your success, so I always saw group harmony as a necessary evil. I don't even know what my values are... not something I ever thought about. Just hasn't been a priority.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    ^ Now that's just crazy talk. Other humans can influence your success, so I always saw group harmony as a necessary evil. I don't even know what my values are... not something I ever thought about. Just hasn't been a priority.
    Yep. Mine are extremely basic.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

my first thought was exactly what Liesl said -- the Fe point. if it's been useful in your life, you probably just have developed strong Fe. i have really strong Te, and i attribute that to growing up having to explain myself to my INTP dad, lol. you really seem ENTP, the way you've talked about things.

BUT, if it's necessary to get along with the group (that is, they're colleagues at work, or maybe just a professor who determines the fate of my GPA etc), I shut up as soon as I notice that the others grow weary of the argument/debate. Or if they start to go all emo soap opera on me (politics!)... I know that if I keep pushing, it'll get ugly, and I don't need drama when I can just walk away. In both cases, if I kept arguing, I'd just set myself up to be portrayed in a negative light, which can hinder work/school networking success.
    basically it sounds like you're considering people on the grounds of logic, which suggests you use Fe to serve Ti: NTP. if you're an ENFP, it's kind of backwards... your reasoning for how you behave is based on your ideals and others' feelings, but you can use logic to break it down and explain it - Te serving Fi.

Other humans can influence your success, so I always saw group harmony as a necessary evil.
    you're an ENTP.

i thought you're a male, so i am kinda disappointed.. your nick was promising

and yeah definately ENTP. But you know yourself best.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

100% guaranteed ENTP.

You write excessively long posts that annoy the shit out of me: Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Other humans can influence your success, so I always saw group harmony as a necessary evil. I don't even know what my values are... not something I ever thought about. Just hasn't been a priority.
    This is Fe (particularly tertiary Fe).

It's also why I can't stand it...

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    100% guaranteed ENTP.
    The length wasn't annoying for me, it was something else.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

You seem very ENTP to me.

FWIW.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Z has a thing against Ti.

Even though the above sentiment/statement is the way he feels, I wouldn't take it too personally.

Like I said, it is evident that he has something against Ti.

That's his problem not yours(pl.)

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles