• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So am I an ENFP?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I blame my mother. She was an ESFJ who wished I was too. :smile:

Also another thing I suspect may resemble Fi - I know it sounds vain, but if I don't look good, I don't really like to be seen. Last week I got hives from accidentally eating corn in a soup, and it lasted for a few days. I still had to go to school and work, but I was abnormally reclusive and paranoid that people were looking at me. I wasn't my usual chatty self. Since my temporary introvertedness was influenced by my embarrassment (which is a feeling) rather than anything actually logical (studying for finals, etc), that suggests that I may be influenced by "how I feel inside".

Feel + Inside = fi.

That's not Fi.

Whether it's function-related at all is somewhat questionable, but it could just as well be explained by Fe: your outwardly-sourced feelings were causing fear/anxiety based on what others/the group may think about you for having hives.

An example of Fi would be not giving a damn what others/the group think, and pushing aside all the external pressures/forces associated with others' judgments about the hives (if the Fi-user possessed these values). This is not necessarily the case, but one would expect the Fi-user to deal with it in this way, if they dealt with it positively/healthily at all.

The Fe-user's way of positively/healthily dealing with it would probably look something more like, "we should all accept and love each other, and so people should be accepting of and loving towards me, regardless of whether I have these hives."

Anyway, you clearly need a better understanding of the functions.

Someone, please provide a good link to some definitions of Fi and Fe.

I'm using a phone.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Also another thing I suspect may resemble Fi - I know it sounds vain, but if I don't look good, I don't really like to be seen. Last week I got hives from accidentally eating corn in a soup, and it lasted for a few days. I still had to go to school and work, but I was abnormally reclusive and paranoid that people were looking at me. I wasn't my usual chatty self. Since my temporary introvertedness was influenced by my embarrassment (which is a feeling) rather than anything actually logical (studying for finals, etc), that suggests that I may be influenced by "how I feel inside".

Feel + Inside = fi.

This explanation is riddled with excellently thought out Ti. Making this statement true: Ti>Fi.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd already answered the OP's question before you started your whiny derail.

my god. there are worse things the OP could be, and i like INTJs.

regarding the true topic of this thread, OP, one, being embarrassed isn't basing something on feeling.

secondly, the following threads could be very helpful:

ENTP - ENFP Differences? - INTJ Forum

similarminds.com :: View topic - Newbie here! Help! Am I ENFP or ENTP?

below is a great read if trying to distinguish between the two. the relevant parts being lower on the page:

NP'S -- THE INTUITIVE PERCEIVING-MODE TYPES

i found this test (the very first one listed that says it's their most popular test) to be very accurate and easy to take/understand for both my friends and myself:

MyType on Facebook

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
danke schon ^

(I meant to digestthesickness, not you)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
As a last logic-based note to Mr. Cockburn:

All types are either Te/Fi users, or Ti/Fe users.

There are eight in each group.

The TJs and FPs use Te and Fi.

The TPs and FJs use Ti and Fe.

You clearly use Ti and Fe.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes, its possession of clear and obvious ratiocinative faculties, but lack of any and all soundness, make it seem riddled with Ti.

Ha ha. Perfect (satirical, not literal) description of Ti! ;) :D

Yeah, Mrcockburn seems more ENTP than ENFP.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OK um, that MyType test gave me ENTJ.........

E-18
N-78
T-96
J-26

I took this test as quickly as possible to prevent any subconscious linking of question to type. By way of functions, ENTJ makes no sense for me, but it does add to the "T" consensus.

And my roommate got interested in MBTI recently, and when I asked her if she thought I was a feeler, she laughed. And told me to take some Tylenol. :rofl1: But she's an ENFJ, so she has high standards for F. OK ok, fine, ENTP it is.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
a ha. Perfect (satirical, not literal) description of Ti! ;) :D

:cheers:

ah, Mrcockburn seems more ENTP than ENFP.

Ain't that the damn truth.

E-18
N-78
T-96
J-26

I took this test as quickly as possible to prevent any subconscious linking of question to type. By way of functions, ENTJ makes no sense for me, but it does add to the "T" consensus.

And my roommate got interested in MBTI recently, and when I asked her if she thought I was a feeler, she la
lahed. And told me to take some Tylenol. :rofl1: But she's an ENFJ, so she has high standards for F.

The least accurate aspect of all tests is the J/P divide.

Tests tend to be good at the first three letters, but bad at the last one.

At this point, you should start moving away from the tests, and start learning about the functions/functional theory.

OK ok, fine, ENTP it is.

:yay:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
actually, if there isn't already a thread dedicated to the best way to understand the differences between Fi and Fe, then it would make a very helpful thread for posters in the present and in the future.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I'll leave that to an NTP...

Criticism, not bloviation, is my forte.

:cheese:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's not Fi.

Whether it's function-related at all is somewhat questionable, but it could just as well be explained by Fe: your outwardly-sourced feelings were causing fear/anxiety based on what others/the group may think about you for having hives.

An example of Fi would be not giving a damn what others/the group think, and pushing aside all the external pressures/forces associated with others' judgments about the hives (if the Fi-user possessed these values). This is not necessarily the case, but one would expect the Fi-user to deal with it in this way, if they dealt with it positively/healthily at all.

The Fe-user's way of positively/healthily dealing with it would probably look something more like, "we should all accept and love each other, and so people should be accepting of and loving towards me, regardless of whether I have these hives."

Anyway, you clearly need a better understanding of the functions.

Someone, please provide a good link to some definitions of Fi and Fe.

I'm using a phone.

true fi says who the fuck cares!? so!! i'm allergic to corn...deal with it punks! haha

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

E-18
N-78
T-96
J-26

And my roommate got interested in MBTI recently, and when I asked her if she thought I was a feeler, she laughed. And told me to take some Tylenol. :rofl1: But she's an ENFJ, so she has high standards for F. OK ok, fine, ENTP it is.
I could see you as ENTJ, but you sound pretty ENTP to myself.

Chloe

i am thinking this is image consciousness and has more to do with your 3w4 in signature than Fi. :yes:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I could see you as ENTJ, but you sound pretty ENTP to myself.

You know, I thought the same thing when she said ENTJ, cuz that makes far more sense than ENFP -- maybe what seems like Ne+Ti thinking is really just dominant Te, and that's why she has this somewhat aggressive posting style, and possibly even her description of others being important to achieve your goals is not really Fe but Te thinking about how to achieve its long-term goals (i.e., the Te masquerading as Fe phenomenon), and her lack of knowledge of her own personal values could just be a sign of inferior Fi having not yet been developed (not tert Fe), and the Gordon Gecko avatar... (jeez, I could go on...) -- but I'm still leaning towards ENTP, for sure.

She'll have to learn the functions and start self-reflecting in order to decide which.

But ENFP, sweetheart, you most certainly are not.