Thread: INFJ --> ISFP?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Default INFJ --> ISFP?

I've typed INFJ all my life ... but last night I took the test and came out ISFP. I started reading ISFP and it fits better than INFJ. This is kind of rocking my world. How is it possible to get results so far apart? Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, how did you resolve it?

I would guess strong Ni... I was just talking to Pitseleh about it, because a lot of the NJ stuff was resonating with me... it's strange, because NJs use NiSe, while SPs use SeNi...

Of course I still am not entirely certain what all the functions MEAN.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I know, right? I can't tell one car from another; I miss a lot of detail in my surroundings -- but I can tell you if the color on the walls is right, I mean, I notice that immediately, how my surroundings make me feel. I thought I could account for that via enneagram self-preservation variant, but I don't even have to go there if I'm an ISFP, because all that stuff is right up front in the description.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I used to test as INFJ (still do sometimes), I think sometimes Fi + Ni from ISFP can come out looking like INFJ or something.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

I've never typed as one myself.. I think the main difference may be that INFJs take a more proactive approach in finding harmony with people. They might be introverts, but their F is extraverted and reaching out more. And probably more articulate too. Ni is able to find new angles on things to bridge differences. A type 9 ISFP could appear just as harmonious, not be stubborn about their own approach.. but I think they'd be less inclined to be extroverted in a harmonious way, and just dispel differences by being a little more passive, showing their goodwill in less direct ways..not even voicing new approaches.. more of a "I don't care, whatever" attitude. Not exactly the assertive, outside-the-box approach of INFJ per se.

While other types of ISFP (or INFP), the ones that are more 4 like, who by nature don't ignore differences, would behave unlike either of the above, I think?

What's your enneagram type? Did you type as a 4 INFJ before, but now may be 4 ISFP?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i've met a few ISFP's that think they are INFJ's in real life. especially an ISFP that's done a lot of soul searching, calming down, and strived for universalism.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Enneagram
    9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

How close were your results? I actually tested INTJ the first time I took an MBTI test, but it was really close to P (probably no more than 60% J).

Circumstances can change your results a bit, I think. That's interesting that you find ISFP fits better. Have you looked at other types in-between as well? (Like INFP or ISFJ?)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I know I'm not an INFP. I'm very much more grounded, pragmatic, and earthy than INFP.

This description fits me perfectly:
    Sensory-Ethical Intratim - ISFp (The Peacemaker)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Do you know the scores of your cognitive functions from the test you took recently?

Here's the reason I ask.

Ten years ago I tested ENTJ.
    I never followed up with reading about the type, just took a free test online for a friend.

Two years ago I took a more comprehensive battery (a paid test) and tested ESTP.

My cognitive function scores are as follows:
    EXTROVERTED (E) 77.14% ||| introverted (i) 22.86%
    SENSING (S) 60% ||| intuitive (n) 40% = NEAR BALANCED
    THINKING (T) 72.22% ||| feeling (f) 27.78%
    PERCEIVING (P) 51.43% ||| judging (j) 48.57% = ALMOST EXACTLY BALANCED

So, it does not surprise me that I tested ENTJ a decade ago, because my J/P scores are so close that I might as well be ESTX.

With a 60/40 split between S/N, that could be close to "X" as well, leaving me EXTX.

Now to muddy the water further, as part of my own personal discovery and growth, I have done alot of work in developing my feelings, for the past two years actually.

Since then I have tested ESFP and ISFP.

BUT - when I read (most) ESTP type descriptions, that's what nails it down for me, all the good stuff and none of the used car salesman crap is me, spot on. So that's why I haven't bothered changing my type from ESTP to ESTX or EXTX. Screw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    This description fits me perfectly:
    Sensory-Ethical Intratim - ISFp (The Peacemaker)
    OK, that's a Socionics type, and there is a general rule of thumb, that for introverted Socionics types, to get the MBTI equivalent, reverse the inferior function, so ISFp in Socionics = ISFJ in MBTI.

How do you identify with an ISFJ (MBTI) type description?

Portrait of an ISFJ

Now compare that to a (MBTI) ISFP description:

Portrait of an ISFP

Which one of these fits better? The answer might clear up some of your remaining uncertainty...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I almost always test INFP. I am getting a bit more ISFP-ish, I think. Probably because people start developing the inferior function around my age if what I've read is true.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers