User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: INFJ --> ISFP?

  1. #11
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    OK, that's a Socionics type, and there is a general rule of thumb, that for introverted Socionics types, to get the MBTI equivalent, reverse the inferior function, so ISFp in Socionics = ISFJ in MBTI.

    How do you identify with an ISFJ (MBTI) type description?

    Portrait of an ISFJ

    Now compare that to a (MBTI) ISFP description:

    Portrait of an ISFP

    Which one of these fits better? The answer might clear up some of your remaining uncertainty...
    It varies with socionics type. I'm an ISFp and ISFP, lots of ISFPs identify with ISFp. But that's just semantics lol. but yeah I'd say definitely check out both of those profiles just for clarity.

    Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type is a great website for type profiles; and their affiliate site 4temperaments.com -- Understanding Temperament Theory is a great site for temperament.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  2. #12
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    The socionics ISFp is kind of hard for me to identify with on some things. I'm more INFp (and often test as such).

  3. #13
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Bless you, darlin' Halla! Thank you for providing direction!

    ISFJ fits 99 percent. And that's what I said I was when I came here, but for some reason I didn't seem like an S to the Ss, and I got kicked out of the S club.

    There are a couple of things in the MBTI ISFP description that are mine, too, but mostly the ISFJ fits. It mentions things I am specifically good at. I know other people see me as extremely dependable; I don't give myself full marks for that, I always feel like I fall short, but I do put full effort into it, literally won't quit until I fall down.

    You Ss, I'm coming back in whether you want me or not!

  4. #14
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Bless you, darlin' Halla! Thank you for providing direction!

    ISFJ fits 99 percent. And that's what I said I was when I came here, but for some reason I didn't seem like an S to the Ss, and I got kicked out of the S club.

    There are a couple of things in the MBTI ISFP description that are mine, too, but mostly the ISFJ fits. It mentions things I am specifically good at. I know other people see me as extremely dependable; I don't give myself full marks for that, I always feel like I fall short, but I do put full effort into it, literally won't quit until I fall down.

    You Ss, I'm coming back in whether you want me or not!
    If you have nothing better to do, try out this test and see what your temperament scores show:

    PTypes - Temperament Test

  5. #15
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Ok, but I have a question. I have a very delicate nervous system as regards beauty. I can't go to concerts or operas because beautiful music makes tears come down my face and sometimes even makes me tremble and I feel like a fool. I have a strong physical reaction to beautiful things, whatever they might be, whether visual or auditory. There's more along those lines, but that's the best example. It's like I get sensory overload very easily. If you had to match that to a function, what is that? I mean, it's an ecstatic reaction, but you never see that talked about, or at least I haven't seen it.

  6. #16
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Bless you, darlin' Halla! Thank you for providing direction!
    You are VERY welcome, Seniorita!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    ISFJ fits 99 percent. And that's what I said I was when I came here, but for some reason I didn't seem like an S to the Ss, and I got kicked out of the S club.
    Wild! That is cool that you can differentiate between the two and resolve the uncertainty. AWESOME. If I look at the ESTJ description, it fits me fairly well, but the ESTP description fits me waaaay better. That was the kind of difference I was wondering you would find in the ISFP/ISFJ descriptions. Cool!

    And, as far as the S's saying you don't seem like one, who the hell are they? Some of them are probably N's, just like some N's on this site are probably Sensors! You know have a Sensor Sheriff's Badge!



    Arrest whomever you like, you have my permission.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    There are a couple of things in the MBTI ISFP description that are mine, too, but mostly the ISFJ fits. It mentions things I am specifically good at. I know other people see me as extremely dependable; I don't give myself full marks for that, I always feel like I fall short, but I do put full effort into it, literally won't quit until I fall down.
    Ahhh, differences in the type description VS. your self perception, that is interesting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    You Ss, I'm coming back in whether you want me or not!
    Hell yes!
    Welcome back!
    It's party time!



    -Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  7. #17
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Ok, but I have a question. I have a very delicate nervous system as regards beauty. I can't go to concerts or operas because beautiful music makes tears come down my face and sometimes even makes me tremble and I feel like a fool. I have a strong physical reaction to beautiful things, whatever they might be, whether visual or auditory. There's more along those lines, but that's the best example. It's like I get sensory overload very easily. If you had to match that to a function, what is that? I mean, it's an ecstatic reaction, but you never see that talked about, or at least I haven't seen it.
    That's an emotional reaction that any person could have if they are strongly affected by music. I would never suggest it is a direct result of a specifc mental process. (function) Many people have extremely sensitive sensory systems- some are found in migraineurs, for example. Don't think everything about you, is specifically type related. Emotional reactions are a perfect example. Some of the most emotional people can be Ts.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Temperament Score
    Idealist 11
    Rationalist 2
    Traditionalist 10
    Hedonist 6
    Your temperament type is Idealist.

    By 1 point...

  9. #19
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Temperament Score
    Idealist 11
    Rationalist 2
    Traditionalist 10
    Hedonist 6
    Your temperament type is Idealist.

    By 1 point...
    I'd say we can rule out NT and SP.
    So here's what you can do to help decide between NF and SJ:

    NF/Catalyst
    The Idealist Temperament

    SJ/Stabilizer
    The Guardian Temperament

    See if either one of the descriptions resonates well, with you.

  10. #20
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Ok, but I have a question. I have a very delicate nervous system as regards beauty. I can't go to concerts or operas because beautiful music makes tears come down my face and sometimes even makes me tremble and I feel like a fool. I have a strong physical reaction to beautiful things, whatever they might be, whether visual or auditory. There's more along those lines, but that's the best example. It's like I get sensory overload very easily. If you had to match that to a function, what is that? I mean, it's an ecstatic reaction, but you never see that talked about, or at least I haven't seen it.
    I'm the same way.. I don't know if it's limited to type.. I'm sure many F's could be the same way though.

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFP] INFJ and ISFP
    By ameeker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2016, 09:14 AM
  2. INFJ and ISFP Relationships
    By highlander in forum Intertype Relations
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2015, 07:23 PM
  3. Questioning my type... am I INTJ, INFJ, or ISFP?
    By theanchorite in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 02:04 PM
  4. Fictional INFJ and ISFP duo?
    By Ribonuke in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 01:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO