Thread: INFJ --> ISFP?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    OK, that's a Socionics type, and there is a general rule of thumb, that for introverted Socionics types, to get the MBTI equivalent, reverse the inferior function, so ISFp in Socionics = ISFJ in MBTI.

How do you identify with an ISFJ (MBTI) type description?

Portrait of an ISFJ

Now compare that to a (MBTI) ISFP description:

Portrait of an ISFP

Which one of these fits better? The answer might clear up some of your remaining uncertainty...
    It varies with socionics type. I'm an ISFp and ISFP, lots of ISFPs identify with ISFp. But that's just semantics lol. but yeah I'd say definitely check out both of those profiles just for clarity.

Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type is a great website for type profiles; and their affiliate site 4temperaments.com -- Understanding Temperament Theory is a great site for temperament.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

The socionics ISFp is kind of hard for me to identify with on some things. I'm more INFp (and often test as such).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Bless you, darlin' Halla! Thank you for providing direction!

ISFJ fits 99 percent. And that's what I said I was when I came here, but for some reason I didn't seem like an S to the Ss, and I got kicked out of the S club.

There are a couple of things in the MBTI ISFP description that are mine, too, but mostly the ISFJ fits. It mentions things I am specifically good at. I know other people see me as extremely dependable; I don't give myself full marks for that, I always feel like I fall short, but I do put full effort into it, literally won't quit until I fall down.

You Ss, I'm coming back in whether you want me or not!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post

ISFJ fits 99 percent. And that's what I said I was when I came here, but for some reason I didn't seem like an S to the Ss, and I got kicked out of the S club.

There are a couple of things in the MBTI ISFP description that are mine, too, but mostly the ISFJ fits. It mentions things I am specifically good at. I know other people see me as extremely dependable; I don't give myself full marks for that, I always feel like I fall short, but I do put full effort into it, literally won't quit until I fall down.

If you have nothing better to do, try out this test and see what your temperament scores show:

PTypes - Temperament Test

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Ok, but I have a question. I have a very delicate nervous system as regards beauty. I can't go to concerts or operas because beautiful music makes tears come down my face and sometimes even makes me tremble and I feel like a fool. I have a strong physical reaction to beautiful things, whatever they might be, whether visual or auditory. There's more along those lines, but that's the best example. It's like I get sensory overload very easily. If you had to match that to a function, what is that? I mean, it's an ecstatic reaction, but you never see that talked about, or at least I haven't seen it.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

You are VERY welcome, Seniorita!

Wild! That is cool that you can differentiate between the two and resolve the uncertainty. AWESOME. If I look at the ESTJ description, it fits me fairly well, but the ESTP description fits me waaaay better. That was the kind of difference I was wondering you would find in the ISFP/ISFJ descriptions. Cool!

And, as far as the S's saying you don't seem like one, who the hell are they? Some of them are probably N's, just like some N's on this site are probably Sensors! You know have a Sensor Sheriff's Badge!

Arrest whomever you like, you have my permission.

Ahhh, differences in the type description VS. your self perception, that is interesting!

Hell yes!
    Welcome back!
    It's party time!

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Ok, but I have a question. I have a very delicate nervous system as regards beauty. I can't go to concerts or operas because beautiful music makes tears come down my face and sometimes even makes me tremble and I feel like a fool. I have a strong physical reaction to beautiful things, whatever they might be, whether visual or auditory. There's more along those lines, but that's the best example. It's like I get sensory overload very easily. If you had to match that to a function, what is that? I mean, it's an ecstatic reaction, but you never see that talked about, or at least I haven't seen it.
    That's an emotional reaction that any person could have if they are strongly affected by music. I would never suggest it is a direct result of a specifc mental process. (function) Many people have extremely sensitive sensory systems- some are found in migraineurs, for example. Don't think everything about you, is specifically type related. Emotional reactions are a perfect example. Some of the most emotional people can be Ts.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Temperament Score
    Idealist 11
    Rationalist 2
    Traditionalist 10
    Hedonist 6
    Your temperament type is Idealist.

By 1 point...

Temperament Score
    Idealist 11
    Rationalist 2
    Traditionalist 10
    Hedonist 6
    Your temperament type is Idealist.

By 1 point...
    I'd say we can rule out NT and SP.
    So here's what you can do to help decide between NF and SJ:

NF/Catalyst
    The Idealist Temperament

SJ/Stabilizer
    The Guardian Temperament

See if either one of the descriptions resonates well, with you.

I'm the same way.. I don't know if it's limited to type.. I'm sure many F's could be the same way though.