I have taken various free personality tests and always come up with either INTJ or INFJ. Just wondered which of these people thought me more likely to be, or am I just a hybrid straddled between the two (if such a thing is possible).
Relevant characteristics - my potential 'T' ness -
- I loved Maths at school. I disliked Art. I still find it difficult to enjoy or appreciate art.
- I am very logical and love logic, especially when it is in an abstract context. I study Philosophy at university, I like the logic side of it best probably.
- I tend to view the world in a scientific way. I am not mystical and do not believe in any kind of psychic dimension. I am interested in evolution and am always wondering why we evolved in certain ways. I see the world as deterministic, and believe firmly in the influence of genetics on our lives.
- I dont always pick up on unsead signals from other people in a social context (that may be just because I am sometimes socially uncomfortable). I tend to take people literally and at face-value, and am not very good at spotting people lying.
- Manners are not something which I find terribly important. I'm generally not bothered whether someone thanks me or whether cashiers smile at me. I hate to upset people though, so I am usually paranoid about my own manners around others. I hate to be rude. I wish manners came easier to me.
My potential 'F' ness
- I love to be creative, and my favourite form of this is creative writing. I really enjoy it. I liked English (the creative side) at school. I also really loved Drama.
- Science was always one of my least favourite subjects at school. I found it extremely dry and impersonal. I really found very little interest in it. I am still not interested by most science. I couldn't care less about space launches and mixing chemicals and protons and electrons.
- I am an emotional person. I tend to get feelings about people, about whether I am compatible with them, and listen to those. I tend to get strong emotions about whether I am enjoying something, or not.
- I get emotionally overwhelmed sometimes, and cry reasonably often. I cried recently at my Grandads funeral, whom I only see a few days a year and am not particularily close to.
- I am quite sentimental, and romantic. I am prone to descending into romanticized fantasy.
- I really hate it when people look down on others. I detest bullies, and love to stand up for people being bullied.
- I am deeply affected by music. It is almost like a drug for me. I actually got addicted to my iPod at one stage.
- I have an extremely thin skin (not sure if this is specific to Fs).
My dad is an ENTJ, and my mum is an ENFP. Any thoughts?