User Tag List

12 Last

Default Help me type a friend?

Ok, so I have this friend. Well, she's not a friend as such - she' in my class but I don't really know her very well.
    First I'd like to say I know practically nothing about MBTI or typology (though I'd like to) - I just rely on the descriptions of various types on the internet. So please be patient!

She is:
    1. Creative. Very. She's defiantly not a fine artist but instead is into things that she can do with her hands eg sewing or making things out of clay. She sews bits of colored cloth and buttons onto the bottoms of her jeans, and she makes bags and things from bits of material.
    But she's also very neat in everything she does.

2. Shy. She's nice and replies to anyone who talks to her but she is really quite private. I know shyness and introversion are different but I'm already sure she's and introvert and I'm jut mentioning this in case it helps. Sometimes if she enters a room she tugs nervously at the bottom of her jumper, and her voice is quiet in comparison to the raucous shrieks of my other fellow classmates. She usually just gets on with whatever she' doing and while she has more friends than I have she is never at the center of a group.

3. So nice! To everyone; if one of her friends it upset she always tries to help - even if it's only in the form of asking "Are you okay?" when no-one else did. Like an ISFP friend I have; I have never heard her say anything nasty about anyone. As I'm the only INFP person I know, I never say anything critical about someone but I certainly think critically about them =( But then who knows what's going on inside her head?
    She's really sensitive, though, too. She never complains about things but I think she takes things deeply because, like I do, she suddenly starts crying over practically nothing. Only; I do it in private.
    Introverted: 100%
    INtuition: 95%
    Feeling: 58%
    Perceiving: 89%

5w4 sp/sx

INFP.gc

heart on fire

She sounds a lot like my friend who tested as ISFP.

She is very like my other ISFP friend too but there are certain things that make me think maybe not. I don't actually know what they are, however.
    I'm just asking other people's opinions because they know more about it than me.

She's defiantly either INFP, ISFP or INFJ =/
    Introverted: 100%
    INtuition: 95%
    Feeling: 58%
    Perceiving: 89%

5w4 sp/sx

INFP.gc

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Why don't you think she is ISFJ? (I don't think she's ISFJ more than I think she's INFP or INFJ or ISFP, I was just wondering about your exclusion.)

[offtopic]I love DN Angel. I can't wait until the new chapters of the manga are translated finally![/offtopic]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmm... ISFj? (The neatness leans me towards J, but there's a chance she could be P.)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by EsoteriEccentri View Post
    Ok, so I have this friend. Well, she's not a friend as such - she' in my class but I don't really know her very well.
    First I'd like to say I know practically nothing about MBTI or typology (though I'd like to) - I just rely on the descriptions of various types on the internet. So please be patient!

She is:
    1. Creative. Very. She's defiantly not a fine artist but instead is into things that she can do with her hands eg sewing or making things out of clay. She sews bits of colored cloth and buttons onto the bottoms of her jeans, and she makes bags and things from bits of material.
    But she's also very neat in everything she does.

2. Shy. She's nice and replies to anyone who talks to her but she is really quite private. I know shyness and introversion are different but I'm already sure she's and introvert and I'm jut mentioning this in case it helps. Sometimes if she enters a room she tugs nervously at the bottom of her jumper, and her voice is quiet in comparison to the raucous shrieks of my other fellow classmates. She usually just gets on with whatever she' doing and while she has more friends than I have she is never at the center of a group.

3. So nice! To everyone; if one of her friends it upset she always tries to help - even if it's only in the form of asking "Are you okay?" when no-one else did. Like an ISFP friend I have; I have never heard her say anything nasty about anyone. As I'm the only INFP person I know, I never say anything critical about someone but I certainly think critically about them =( But then who knows what's going on inside her head?
    She's really sensitive, though, too. She never complains about things but I think she takes things deeply because, like I do, she suddenly starts crying over practically nothing. Only; I do it in private.
    Try ISFJ or ISFP.
    Read the profiles and see which fits better.
    I think everyone is agreed she's probably ISFx.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EsoteriEccentri View Post
    She's defiantly either INFP, ISFP or INFJ
    Then I'm not gonna be any use to you, because I was going to say that I hesitate between precisely those 3 types

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Try ISFJ or ISFP.
    Read the profiles and see which fits better.
    I think everyone is agreed she's probably ISFx.
    I agree, I have seen ISFJ and ISFP women who are a good fit for this description (compared to other types).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Rings a bell with me, and I highly suspect that I'm ISFP. I'm not THAT sensitive however but that could be because I'm close to center on most of the functions. I'm also not neat in 'everything' I do - I'm just picky about my environment and my appearance.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    Rings a bell with me, and I highly suspect that I'm ISFP. I'm not THAT sensitive however but that could be because I'm close to center on most of the functions. I'm also not neat in 'everything' I do - I'm just picky about my environment and my appearance.
    Do you think it's more important to make decisions based on logical standards? Or do you believe it's more important for decisions to be made by considering the circumstances of the people the decision is going to effect?