• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ENFP or not ?

A.H.

I am an ENFP or not ?
Hi

my result was ENFP until I did other test with my friend and my T was very high.
I will not talk about why I am an ENFP ? I will talk why am not ?

( I am new in this so I don't really if what write relateto this or not. )

When some of my old friends talk about me in my childhood they talk about how much I hurt them or how I was " Cocky" ( I didn't know I was like that really ). My avarege mark in school ( when I was 9 ) is 99.8% . I have full mark in math without study ( my favorite subject even so I hate to study ) . One of my friend want to have a very good mark in some of subject I said to her I couldn't get it so U will not get that mark. She get mad and I lose one of my friend ( She's an INFP ) . I lose other friend who I really care about because of my selfish reasons. When you will see me U will think that I don' care because for me having friend is easy. but I really care about my friends but I really didn't understand why they were angry I was honest with them It was true
( this my thought when I was 9 years old )

I think from then I start to developed my F. Try to not hurt people make myself care about others sad when they sad happy when they happy ( I know that is fake because other don't affect me that much ) or make my self innocent more like an ENFP. I really care about my close friends I don't want to lose them anymore. but with some of my really close friend you will notice that I hurt them sometime ( OR when I am having fun I don't care much about people so I can make harsh comment on them I have more fun like that I don't know why maybe I am evi ?? l ) . One of my close friend want to hug me ( she hurt me when she did that ) and I was like " Are u trying to slap me or something ? " ( my first line after not see each other for a really long time ) ,,,,, I don't think ENFP will say something like that specially when come to HUGS.

I also don't care about people give me attention. I am more interesting in them. more then them interesting in me ( I don't know if I said this right )

So is this normal for ENFP ? or I am not an ENFP ? IF it's so What my TYPE ?

( I am not really that good in english but there is no Forum to ask about my problems in my Language so sorry if my english is bad )

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hi! your english sounds great to me. :) what language do you speak primarily?

what you wrote is definitely related. let me know if there's anything i've written that doesn't make sense, too, and i'll explain it better. do you know about the functions (extraverted and introverted types of sensing, intuition, thinking, and feeling)? if not, and you would like me to, i can explain it with more detail. for right now i'll just give a short explanation...

i think that there are two main possibilities here. one is that you are an ENFP with good Thinking, and the other is that you are an ENTP who has developed good Feeling.

both ENFP and ENTP use iNtuition in an extraverted way, which means we're always looking outside of ourselves for possibilities, looking at the "big picture", and making connections and associations between things. both types generally really like to talk about ideas, and can sometimes forget about people. i can see you being either one. the biggest difference between ENFP and ENTP is how they make decisions.

• an ENFP will base their inner thoughts and judgement on introverted Feeling - so if you're an ENFP, what you value will generally be based on how you feel about things and what you believe in. but, since ENFPs use Feeling in an introverted way - we do a lot of thinking about ourselves - we're not always very attentive to other people... so i could see you being an ENFP and still accidentally hurting your friend without meaning to. ENFPs can also use logical thinking, but we are usually better at doing it outside of ourselves - when we're writing, making charts or diagrams, or putting physical things in order. we usually have to work on it a while - logic doesn't occur to us right away.

• an ENTP, on the other hand, will use Thinking in an internal way, and they will base their personal decisions off of logic and reasonable thought. they still love and care deeply about other people, and can have strong beliefs, but their decision making process is more about costs and benefits (pro/con) than about how things make them feel inside. also, paying attention to feelings isn't as automatic for them as it is for ENFP. ENTPs can care a lot about others too, and pay attention to what they need - but they will usually care more about other people's feelings, and are less interested in thinking about how they personally feel inside. ENFPs, on the other hand, think a lot about their own personal feelings, and use how they feel about something to understand how someone else feels about it.

i think that you sound more like an ENTP, because you don't naturally pay as much attention to people's feelings, but since you realized that you had accidentally hurt your friends you developed your F, like you described. the situation with your friends makes a lot of sense that way, because you don't really sound like you meant to hurt their feelings or be "evil", just that you thought you were having fun and didn't realize it was so important to them. this:
A.H. said:
One of my friend want to have a very good mark in some of subject I said to her I couldn't get it so U will not get that mark
sounds to me like logical thinking - if you always do very well and she does not do as well, then if you tried and couldn't get the highest grade, then it doesn't make logical sense that she would try and get a better mark than you did.
A.H. said:
I also don't care about people give me attention. I am more interesting in them. more then them interesting in me ( I don't know if I said this right )
this also makes me think you sound more like an ENTP. i read somewhere that "an ENFP wants to be understood by others, while an ENTP wants to understand others."

i would read some ENTP descriptions (here are two in english) and see if they sound more like you than the ENFP.

let me know what you think!

A.H.

I just did another test the result was ENTP .......

*(Se)************************************(33.9)
good use
*(Si)*****************************(26)
average use
*(Ne)***************************************(36)
excellent use
*(Ni)***********************(20.8)
limited use
*(Te)*********************************(30.9)
good use
*(Ti)*************************************(35)
good use
*(Fe)*******************************(28.9)
average use.
*(Fi)******************************(28.9)
average use

Then it is Ne>Ti>Se>Te>Fi=Fe>Si>Ni? I don't know why the F is low ?
@Sky : I just saw your reply. I will read it carefully and will replay to U as soon as I reach my laptop ( I am outside the house at the momment. I am writing this post from the iPod *)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
sure sounds good! :)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Intelligence does not depend on type, neither do actions; there are many ways to be good at the same thing. Think about how you like to approach things and how you feel in certain environments. The clue to your type group will be what environments and approaches you find natural and most satisfying.

From what you've written ENTP seems good, but I can't say anything conclusive.