User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

  1. #1
    Member Serge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    97

    Default Type these...AIM users?

    I'm just generally interested in what you would type these kids as. They are my Internet friends and Zantetsu copied and pasted the conversation to me. They aren't biologist, nor air craft pilots, and they are young people. I want you to focus on how they are arguing and then get a general impression of their type.

    Zantetsu
    hey, what's up?

    4got10 not much you?

    Zantetsu
    Same, just listening to music. It's august. I'm seriously going to college in a few weeks

    4got10
    (that's so serial

    cereal*
    Zantetsu

    :-P
    4got10 ): does this mean we won't be chatting as much?

    Zantetsu
    Once I hit college, yes.

    Classes and such

    4got10
    that sucks but it will be for the better

    ): hopefully you'll meet a cute girl or 5

    Zantetsu ): I already know one :-P

    I just recently found out she was going to ---
    (Personal info)
    (Change of conversation to the subject of 4got10's friend)
    4got10
    he is my friend but we don't have interesting conversations like we used to

    it's usually he rants or gives me an update

    Zantetsu
    lol, well, it happens.
    Sometimes relationships are like that
    especially between two people who don't think similarly.
    I mean, I <3 my friend and we are slightly similar but...god
    His sense of humor, interest, and everything are completely different

    4got10
    my ISTP (tho i think he is an ESTP/ESFP maybe even an ENFP) is like that too

    in fact i don't know why he is friends with me

    but he considers me one of his best friends

    4got10
    never takes my advice yet always ask me for my opinion
    gets quite emotional on some topics
    people are just attracted to me, must be my sexiness

    "i am bringing sexy back"

    Zantetsu
    lol.

    Justin Timberlake didn't, I don't see why you can't

    Zantetsu
    At the end of the day, a friendship is about showing you care


    ): Not about being interested in like minded things

    4got10
    then i guess i have a lot of friends then

    Zantetsu

    That's kind of the issue with the internet generation.
    We don't have to become friends with individuals who share a radical different perspective than us if we want too

    Back in the day, you HAD to

    Now a days, I like MBTI, you like MBTI? We can be friends.

    You hate MBTI? Why would i meet you then?

    4got10
    i am from Isreal and you're from Afaghani

    i kid i kid
    (Conversation break. Change of topic)

    Zantetsu
    My friend just posted "i wonder what would happen if u try to fly a plane straight up towards the sky trying to go out to space?"

    4got10
    you would freeze to death

    Zantetsu
    You'd stall way before that

    4got10
    either way you die?

    Zantetsu
    Assuming the pilot wasn't idiotic, you wouldn't die from a stall.
    I suppose it's possible to pass out if you're high enough but, like I said, you'd likely stall

    4got10
    how are you feeling?

    Zantetsu
    About?

    4got10
    yourself

    Zantetsu
    In what sense?

    4got10

    (Personal information blah blah blah)
    (2:15:28 PM): y'know?
    4got10
    yes

    Zantetsu
    I think I need to connect with someone in real life, pretty much.
    To at least know what it feels like

    4got10

    you mean a female?

    Zantetsu
    Doesn't particularly matter, I suppose, but most likely

    4got10
    it will be hard
    i haven't found too many of those

    (Personal information)

    Zantetsu
    lol
    Well
    Idunno
    We feel different roles depending on who we're with

    4got10
    indeed

    4got10
    so.........what's happening bro

    Zantetsu
    Having an argument over suicide

    4got10 which side are you on?

    Zantetsu
    Condemning the action is wrong
    It's not usually the answer, but condemning the action is wrong
    and will start the cycle that'll cause it
    It might be selfish, but what do humans do that isn't intrinsically selfish?
    And, at the end of the day, it takes a certain strength to think that the pain in this world will be less more than the next world
    It's a suspension of belief, a black/white logic loop

    4got10
    it depends on your view
    i think it's right

    4got10
    there are too many humans on this earth, if one die it might actually do some good

    Zantetsu
    Hmm.
    My friend did a math problem based on this.
    The planet can actually support the amount of humans we have on the planet now.
    It's just that most resources are contained, detained, and given out based on governments and political power

    4got10
    food, oil, and money

    Zantetsu
    We have tons of food. We throw it away. And we don't consider other options such as insects and such which are, by far, a better source of protein and food while requiring less resources

    4got10

    by food i meant animals
    the truth is the earth is better off without us

    Zantetsu
    Oil: Depends on what you mean by that. Oil is restricted and made expensive so that it'll sell and make millions. They are other resources avilable.

    Zantetsu
    Money is just a abstract representation of resources

    4got10
    (money is just debt

    4got10
    ( what all this has to do with my view, well if less people there is more resources. Less waste, now i am aware of alternative means however we create far more waste.

    Zantetsu
    "By food I mean animals" = What does that mean?
    Money == Debt eh...I understand this point of view but I don't "feel" right about it.

    Less people = More resources; historically speaking that's not true. No people = no manipulation of current resources. Waste is a product of living, animals produce waste as well. Animals (and humans) have quite the way of adapting to this. Alternative means doesn't necessarily create more waste. From a scientific perspective, you can't create more matter so, as such, we aren't really creating anything (Yes, this isn't a point. I'm just being an asshole ;p)

    4got10
    you shouldn't look at the past for this. Because of our technology and ............ i guess the word is we are more civilize now we won't have to worry about such things.
    We are the reason why almost all the animals on this planet are extinct
    lol i am such an Idealist

    Zantetsu
    Even with limited technology we managed to secure resources and kill individuals who would dare to take our valuables. Political maneuvering is the same thing as securing off lands with armies.

    Zantetsu
    And saying that we are the reason all animals on this planet are extinct is superbly human ego centric for a few reasons a) We've had extinction events various times throughout the life of the planet B) We can't tell how genetically diverse the planet is because we don't know what most of the species on the planet actually are. All the large and easy to find animals have been found, not the smaller ones. 3) Genetic diversity is usually viewed in the light that things MUST NOT change. That's practically antithetical to genetic diversity. D) Animals will evolve to defend itself against anything human society does to the planet. That's simply evolution.

    4got10
    A) Why even bring this point up, we didn't need to say this B)Bacteria and mirco organism are the biggest species on this planet C) things must not be change yet we are changing them D) Animals don't evolve fast enough to escape extinction

    Zantetsu
    A) Because of extinction events, we can't tell how diverse the planet was before hand. It's important. The only information we have is from relatively recent times in the earths existence. B) Your point being? I should be more precise in saying that is what I meant. I used species as a catch all C) People typically see that "Black stried tigers are dying" and assume that A)humans changed that and B) Humans must fix it so that it remains the same. Some animals MUST go extinct. It's the way of the world. Trying to preserve what we have now only limits biodiversity. D) The planet's ecosystem doesn't chang drastically enough all over the world for planet wide exticntion to be a issue for all animals. Part of life as a animal is luck, though. Some animals just aren't born capable.
    Some things I noticed. I think I notice some Ti/Te conflict. I also notice that 4got10 states his points but doesn't explain them, he puts the pressure on the reader to understand what he is saying (which makes a little sense, 4g0t10 and Zantetsu are friends) They do know a little about MBTI, hence why 4got10 dropped the "I'm such a idealist" line.

    What do you think?
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

    "Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"


  2. #2
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Yeah 4 seems Te and Z seems very Ti. That's all I can really say. This isn't much info.

    It's too bad you cut out the personal information, unless it was extremely revealing, because it could have given us more info. You could have just changed their names.

    So I'm thinking *you* are probably a thinker.

  3. #3
    Member Serge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yeah 4 seems Te and Z seems very Ti. That's all I can really say. This isn't much info.

    It's too bad you cut out the personal information, unless it was extremely revealing, because it could have given us more info. You could have just changed their names.

    Reviewing the personal information it's not all that personal actually but, with that being said, it's also pretty useless in the terms of this thread. Basically, the personal information is Z reflecting on something in his past. Later. 4got10 makes a comment about his irl friends. Nothing amazing.

    I added a little bit of the beginning of the conversation, it's fairly tame.

    So I'm thinking *you* are probably a thinker.
    I'm sorry? I'm just the guy editing the aim logs I have a separate thread for me, I think the forum for the most part thinks I'm an INFJ. Based on the results of this thread, I might make a aim log thread for myself!
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

    "Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"


  4. #4
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    Reviewing the personal information it's not all that personal actually but, with that being said, it's also pretty useless in the terms of this thread. Basically, the personal information is Z reflecting on something in his past. Later. 4got10 makes a comment about his irl friends. Nothing amazing.

    I added a little bit of the beginning of the conversation, it's fairly tame.
    Now I REALLY think you're INTJ. You didn't add the info because it was USELESS, not because it might be inappropriate or impolite or hurtful? Sounds like Te talking.

    What you call "nothing amazing" is still part of people's personalities. It could help to determine other functions besides their thinking function. In fact, Z reflecting on this undisclosed "something from the past" could be indicative of Si, or what 4 says about his IRL could tell us if he prefers thinking or feeling, introversion or extroversion.

  5. #5
    Member Serge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Now I REALLY think you're INTJ. You didn't add the info because it was USELESS, not because it might be inappropriate or impolite or hurtful? Sounds like Te talking.
    Useless in the context of this thread. I have the permission to use this information as I see fit, that means I have to make judgement calls. Some things are more hurtful to those two than they are helpful to the individuals reading this thread. I did change the names of the users (They aren't made up in the sense that the names don't mean anything to them or I, they are just changed) but I still feel that they would be a little miffed if I just posted the whole conversation. Even with permission. People are weird like that.


    What you call "nothing amazing" is still part of people's personalities. It could help to determine other functions besides their thinking function. In fact, Z reflecting on this undisclosed "something from the past" could be indicative of Si, or what 4 says about his IRL could tell us if he prefers thinking or feeling, introversion or extroversion.
    That's true. Should I weigh the potential "truth" of what people in this thread think their MBTI type is over the fact that both individuals thought his information shared between them would be private at the time?

    Z reflects over something personal that has happened to him in his past. He makes the comment that he didn't "break any new ground" and that he realizes he needs to get over the guilt and shame he has over the subject. He makes the passing comment that he won't ever get over it until he learns how to start feeling emotions again. That's pretty much it.

    4got10 basically just describes how his friends view him. Two friends see him as super analytical, distracted, and random. Your basic iNTP. His other friend see him as methodical, a planner, and a visionary. Basic XNTJ. That's pretty much it.
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

    "Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"


  6. #6
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    Useless in the context of this thread.
    and I'm saying that it's not necessarily useless because in typing people, the more information and clearer picture the better...not just one aspect of a more intellectual argument

    I have the permission to use this information as I see fit, that means I have to make judgement calls.
    Well, your judgement was "useless" not "hurtful" which points to Te, not Fe.

    Also, whether or not you want make the judgement calls is inconsequential to other people telling you it would be easier to type your friends with more information.


    Some things are more hurtful to those two than they are helpful to the individuals reading this thread. I did change the names of the users (They aren't made up in the sense that the names don't mean anything to them or I, they are just changed) but I still feel that they would be a little miffed if I just posted the whole conversation. Even with permission. People are weird like that.
    Of course.



    That's true. Should I weigh the potential "truth" of what people in this thread think their MBTI type is over the fact that both individuals thought his information shared between them would be private at the time?
    You're the one asking us to type them. We didn't come knock on your door and demand you give us chat logs of your Internet friends.

    Z reflects over something personal that has happened to him in his past. He makes the comment that he didn't "break any new ground" and that he realizes he needs to get over the guilt and shame he has over the subject. He makes the passing comment that he won't ever get over it until he learns how to start feeling emotions again. That's pretty much it.
    Even if we conclude Z has Ti, he could be INFJ, INTP, ISFJ...you get the picture right? And even an IxFJ could get in an Ni/Ti or Si/Ti loop and stop feeling. I would guess NOT INFJ because this probably is indicative of Si.

    4got10 basically just describes how his friends view him. Two friends see him as super analytical, distracted, and random. Your basic iNTP. His other friend see him as methodical, a planner, and a visionary. Basic XNTJ. That's pretty much it.
    Well, 4 sounds pretty solidly xNTJ because his reasoning is Te, combined with what you described his friends as seeing him as.

  7. #7
    Member Serge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    and I'm saying that it's not necessarily useless because in typing people, the more information and clearer picture the better...not just one aspect of a more intellectual argument
    True.
    Well, your judgement was "useless" not "hurtful" which points to Te, not Fe.
    My language is imprecise, I'm sorry. By useless I meant I didn't think it was worth revealing because it might make them feel like their privacy is being invaded.

    Also, whether or not you want make the judgement calls is inconsequential to other people telling you it would be easier to type your friends with more information.
    I don't think I disputed this? It's obvious that more information would be helpful in nearly every situation involving MBTI type o.o.


    You're the one asking us to type them. We didn't come knock on your door and demand you give us chat logs of your Internet friends.
    True.

    Even if we conclude Z has Ti, he could be INFJ, INTP, ISFJ...you get the picture right? And even an IxFJ could get in an Ni/Ti or Si/Ti loop and stop feeling. I would guess NOT INFJ because this probably is indicative of Si.
    Mmhmm. Off topic but could you explain the Ni/Ti loop? I've never really heard of it o.o. I've heard of the infamous Si/Ti loop though.
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

    "Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"


  8. #8
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    Mmhmm. Off topic but could you explain the Ni/Ti loop? I've never really heard of it o.o. I've heard of the infamous Si/Ti loop though.
    No, this isn't off-topic at all. I'm trying to help you type your friends. I'm saying that your friend saying he needs to learn to feel again doesn't necessarily make him a T, but I think he has Ti/Si, which could potentially mean INTP, but that I wouldn't rule out ISFJ because of lack of information. I think it's fairly safe to say that INFJ thinks about the past much less, although of course it's not impossible, it's less likely to be of importance to their present and future.

    An Ni/Ti loop would make an INFJ much more introverted, and a bit INTP-ish, but with obvious Ni use rather than Ne, and more Fe development than an INTP. They seem more solid and serious and intellectual than some INFJs, but still have the Fe thrown in there, so you know they aren't INTPs. In extreme, unhealthy cases it would probably give them exceedingly detailed paranoid theories and cause them to become rather socially avoidant.

    I really don't think you're INFJ. You might be a really Ni/Fi INTJ. I just don't get INFJ from you. No offense.

Similar Threads

  1. Type These Characters!
    By Haphazard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 11:17 AM
  2. Help me type these characters?
    By IXTJ in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 05:51 AM
  3. Type These Characters!
    By MuraKoji in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-26-2008, 04:04 AM
  4. Type These Characters!
    By Haphazard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 06:45 AM
  5. Where can I find a test to type these ?
    By Werewolfen in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO