One of my sons is very hard for me to understand and I'm still not sure what type he is. What do you all think?
- 10 years old, has ADHD
- I can't tell if he's E or I - I think the ADHD makes this hard to tell
- seems intuitive - always thinking about possibilities, inventions, future technology
- is VERY intentive himself - at age 8 made me a rototiller from wood he cut himself and a motor
- knows how to make something that mechanically 'works' out of two styrofoam cups, duct tape, string and some batteries
- is not very aware of what's going on around him because he's very absorbed with his 'designs'
- also interested in rocks, minerals, gems
- claims to want to be either an inventor, architect, or engineer when he grows up or even a gemologist
- wants friends but doesn't really fit in. He holds a lot of grudges "I can't be friends with him, because two years ago he told me that I sucked at soccer.' He's also very critical of other kids which I think is inaccurate - either blows things out of proportion or takes things the wrong way.
- plays football and downhill skiis other than that not much for sports
- watches hocky and football on TV
- is VERY emotional and is a 'Drama King.' Heck, I think I'm a Feeler too - but he's way more so than I am.
- wants a lot of reassurance. Most evenings before bed he wants to 'talk' about all his feelings.
- for Christmas this year, he very elaborately wrapped up one of his prize rocks in a very cute box and told me that it was an unpolished sapphire.
I guess I'm confused because the 'crazy inventor' usually doesn't go with such a strongly feeling type as far as I know.