Hello, I'm new to this forum and the world of personality types. I've taken a few tests online but don't believe them to be completely accurate in trying to understand a person's way of thinking. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I'd at least get a human perspective
1) I'm full of contradictions. nothing is ever simply or straightforward in how i feel.
2) I dislike small talk. It makes me uncomfortable. I never know what to say, and I don't know where the boundaries should be drawn, so I'm usually very curt and timid when engaging with strangers/acquaintances
3) On the other hand, I do enjoy being around people. I like to go out, do the whole party thing, and eventually, talk to people. However, I would never approach someone and need to be probed out of my shell a bit. The more I connect with people, the better I feel.
4) Contradicting myself once again, I enjoy my solitude immensely. I definitely need my alone time to reflect and regain a sense of calm.
5) I am constantly saying/thinking, "I don't know how I feel about that".
6) Intellectually, I am interested in the sciences and psychology. However, the natural sciences aren't necessarily something I am naturally gifted in and conceptual math is NOT my thing. As a child I read way, way, way more than the average kid and tend do so now every so often. I love discussing philosophy, although it does take me a while "to get it".
7) It is difficult for me to take a lot of these personality tests. When it comes down to it, it is hard for me to accurately determine how I make decisions and how I intrinsically see the world. I feel like I am too in my own head to make an objective claim towards my subjectivity (if that makes any sense...)
8) I am worrier (about the big things and the people in my life)
9) It's hard for me to take extreme friendliness/bubbliness seriously
10) I can get very emotional, although I don't like to show it. Little things can send me over the edge. At the same time, I can get over things relatively quickly. I don't like to hold grudges.
11) I can be very impatient (could also just be a product of childhood environment in a big city)
12) I do like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I think that I am capable of seeing all sides of a situation, which makes it difficult for me to have definitive opinions on things. I think that I am constantly evolving, and am different from one day to the next. Kind of wishy-washy
13) I can be pretty cynical. I just want people to be GENUINE. Authenticity (esp. of feelings) is a big thing for me. I feel that most people aren't true to themselves/true to me. This either leads me to not trust people and become very insecure or just not care about them.
14) I like to be organized. I love making lists. I like things to be clean and aesthetically pleasing.
15) I can be pretty indecisive, especially about trivial things. When it comes to making big decisions, I think I usually know what is 'right'
16) I am a procrastinator because I am a perfectionist.
17) I feel like I can constantly improve upon myself.
18) I can be pretty analytical, especially when it comes to the external world. I am constantly giving advice to my friends, helping them seeing through the fog so to speak.
19) Religion/spirituality is very important to me. I don't pay too much attention to the rules, but instead the genuine feel of it.
20) I've been told I am a hard person to get to know. I don't like to reveal a lot of myself to others, although I wish I could. Sometimes I feel that what is going on internally is too complex for someone to get. Trying to explain it to them just confuses me.
21) I'm quick to criticize.
22) But when it comes down to it, I have a huge conscious and I hate to hurt people. I cry when I realize how much I've hurt people I care about.
23) I SUCK at adapting. I'm becoming better at it, but change is hard for me. I often long for what was, which makes me feel like I'll never be satisfied. Grass is always greener type.
24) I daydream a lot. I want to do so many things... but I'm lazy. And cautious.
25) I like to have control over my relationships
26) When I am feeling really stressed it is near impossible for me to mask it. I become a crazy bitch and a really sad yet angry person
27) I often feel a strong urge to share things with people but tend to hold back a lot
28) I don't like it when plans abruptly change. It goes back to me not being able to adapt well. Once I have my heart set on something or a framework of something laid out in my head, it's hard for me to accept alterations. I also easily feel betrayed.
29) I'm not really artistically inclined but I definitely appreciate it. I love going to museums and galleries - it's easy for me to accept art just for the sake of beauty, but I also like being able to make connections between a certain piece and an era in time/culture/etc.
30) I'm fascinated by causation - why things are the way we are, specifically why people are a certain way. I like to find meaning behind things
31) I love sarcasm. It makes me pretty good at witty banter as well.
32) I care a lot about how I am perceived by the rest of the world
33) I like figuring out puzzles and riddles
34) Taking advantage of my time is not something I'm good at. I try to live in the moment, but it's a struggle. Again, I'm lazy and a daydreamer
35) I tend to feel insecure in my relationships with others
36) I can definitely offend people, although I don't mean to. I feel guilty about it usually, but sometimes I think it's necessary to get a point across
37) Career wise, I want to do something that helps people, but maybe in a more indirect way (still a college student, headed for a degree in neuroscience)
38) I'm not really a writer, but I do like to play around with words
39) I see the future as open
Reading this list makes me think I belong to any type that is the most self-depricating.
Anywho, I tried to describe myself in ways that could possibly be indicative of a certain type. It's something I've recently become fascinated by, especially because i don't think any test I have taken has been accurate. I just want to understand myself a lil better. Thoughts? Do you ever feel like you don't belong to any type?