• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INxx? Uncertain

natashka

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hello, I'm new to this forum and the world of personality types. I've taken a few tests online but don't believe them to be completely accurate in trying to understand a person's way of thinking. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I'd at least get a human perspective

1) I'm full of contradictions. nothing is ever simply or straightforward in how i feel.

2) I dislike small talk. It makes me uncomfortable. I never know what to say, and I don't know where the boundaries should be drawn, so I'm usually very curt and timid when engaging with strangers/acquaintances

3) On the other hand, I do enjoy being around people. I like to go out, do the whole party thing, and eventually, talk to people. However, I would never approach someone and need to be probed out of my shell a bit. The more I connect with people, the better I feel.

4) Contradicting myself once again, I enjoy my solitude immensely. I definitely need my alone time to reflect and regain a sense of calm.

5) I am constantly saying/thinking, "I don't know how I feel about that".

6) Intellectually, I am interested in the sciences and psychology. However, the natural sciences aren't necessarily something I am naturally gifted in and conceptual math is NOT my thing. As a child I read way, way, way more than the average kid and tend do so now every so often. I love discussing philosophy, although it does take me a while "to get it".

7) It is difficult for me to take a lot of these personality tests. When it comes down to it, it is hard for me to accurately determine how I make decisions and how I intrinsically see the world. I feel like I am too in my own head to make an objective claim towards my subjectivity (if that makes any sense...)

8) I am worrier (about the big things and the people in my life)

9) It's hard for me to take extreme friendliness/bubbliness seriously

10) I can get very emotional, although I don't like to show it. Little things can send me over the edge. At the same time, I can get over things relatively quickly. I don't like to hold grudges.

11) I can be very impatient (could also just be a product of childhood environment in a big city)

12) I do like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I think that I am capable of seeing all sides of a situation, which makes it difficult for me to have definitive opinions on things. I think that I am constantly evolving, and am different from one day to the next. Kind of wishy-washy

13) I can be pretty cynical. I just want people to be GENUINE. Authenticity (esp. of feelings) is a big thing for me. I feel that most people aren't true to themselves/true to me. This either leads me to not trust people and become very insecure or just not care about them.

14) I like to be organized. I love making lists. I like things to be clean and aesthetically pleasing.

15) I can be pretty indecisive, especially about trivial things. When it comes to making big decisions, I think I usually know what is 'right'

16) I am a procrastinator because I am a perfectionist.

17) I feel like I can constantly improve upon myself.

18) I can be pretty analytical, especially when it comes to the external world. I am constantly giving advice to my friends, helping them seeing through the fog so to speak.

19) Religion/spirituality is very important to me. I don't pay too much attention to the rules, but instead the genuine feel of it.

20) I've been told I am a hard person to get to know. I don't like to reveal a lot of myself to others, although I wish I could. Sometimes I feel that what is going on internally is too complex for someone to get. Trying to explain it to them just confuses me.

21) I'm quick to criticize.

22) But when it comes down to it, I have a huge conscious and I hate to hurt people. I cry when I realize how much I've hurt people I care about.

23) I SUCK at adapting. I'm becoming better at it, but change is hard for me. I often long for what was, which makes me feel like I'll never be satisfied. Grass is always greener type.

24) I daydream a lot. I want to do so many things... but I'm lazy. And cautious.

25) I like to have control over my relationships

26) When I am feeling really stressed it is near impossible for me to mask it. I become a crazy bitch and a really sad yet angry person

27) I often feel a strong urge to share things with people but tend to hold back a lot

28) I don't like it when plans abruptly change. It goes back to me not being able to adapt well. Once I have my heart set on something or a framework of something laid out in my head, it's hard for me to accept alterations. I also easily feel betrayed.

29) I'm not really artistically inclined but I definitely appreciate it. I love going to museums and galleries - it's easy for me to accept art just for the sake of beauty, but I also like being able to make connections between a certain piece and an era in time/culture/etc.

30) I'm fascinated by causation - why things are the way we are, specifically why people are a certain way. I like to find meaning behind things

31) I love sarcasm. It makes me pretty good at witty banter as well.

32) I care a lot about how I am perceived by the rest of the world

33) I like figuring out puzzles and riddles

34) Taking advantage of my time is not something I'm good at. I try to live in the moment, but it's a struggle. Again, I'm lazy and a daydreamer

35) I tend to feel insecure in my relationships with others

36) I can definitely offend people, although I don't mean to. I feel guilty about it usually, but sometimes I think it's necessary to get a point across

37) Career wise, I want to do something that helps people, but maybe in a more indirect way (still a college student, headed for a degree in neuroscience)

38) I'm not really a writer, but I do like to play around with words

39) I see the future as open

Reading this list makes me think I belong to any type that is the most self-depricating.

Anywho, I tried to describe myself in ways that could possibly be indicative of a certain type. It's something I've recently become fascinated by, especially because i don't think any test I have taken has been accurate. I just want to understand myself a lil better. Thoughts? Do you ever feel like you don't belong to any type?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Alot of what you said reminds me of some INFPs I know, so I'll tentatively guess INFP as your type.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Well, at first you keep mentioning how you are indecisive and disorganized, which leads me to think INFP. But then you start talking about how you need order in your life and you love knowing how things work, which makes me think INFJ.

Hmmm... well either way, you seem INF, possibly a bit more on the INFJ side.

natashka

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, I'm starting to think I am an INF too.

I also sometimes notice Se characteristics in myself but identify way more Ne.

It's so hard to tell sometimes, I am still waiting for that "ah-ha!" moment.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am still waiting for that "ah-ha!" moment.

you mean Ni? INFJ +1

;)

nah, i'm not 100% on that. but you do sound very much INF.

if you are INFJ, Se is in your top 4 functions... so if you use it often, that's a possibility.

you could also potentially be ISF?

natashka

MBTI Type
INFJ
I feel that I use Fe more than Fi, although recently I have not been that "in touch" with my emotions. How does depression/anxiety affect personality type and how can we type ourselves when psychological disorders can potentially mask our true personality?

Poggle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well since your description of yourself is almost exactly the same as the one of Mrs Poggle, I'm thinking INFJ like her.

I'm certain of the F here. As far as the J/P goes you have some indications of both, but I think that overall you are a J - the need to get the point across even at the cost of transient offence caused just swings it for me - since this is complete anathema to an Fi, but extremely common in an Fe.

If you did Step II though you would find a couple of out of preference facets on your J line, but that makes you a different sort of J rather than an P.