User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Zarathustra

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTJ

    14 41.18%
  • ISTJ

    2 5.88%
  • ENTJ

    13 38.24%
  • ESTJ

    2 5.88%
  • Other: Please indicate and explain in your post

    3 8.82%
First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 192

  1. #61
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    He does push. I notice that he doesn't have the apprehensiveness to clam up and be absorbed in his think-tank like many Ni dominants do. I think most introverts in general grind that introverted axe until they're ready to cleave with it in the extraverted world. "Thinking before saying" would be introverted, while "saying before thinking" would be extraverted. As a result, you may see that many introverts on these forums have the tendency to pock discussions with little frequency, but with great depth, refinement, and focus. On the other hand, extraverts push the envelope with more frequency, less premeditation, and more breadth. This, of course, has many exceptions, and Z might be one of these exceptions. I think that if he is an INTJ, than his Te Se axis is akin to Jaguar's, and his introversion is only moderate. I have seen him delve deeply with the Ni "flippy paradox shift dolphin", as I like to call it, but he keeps laying down his opinion far after his introverted side has flaked off. I picture him as a fighter, just like I picture Jaguar. Someone who's always ready to shout their opinion from the highest mountaintops (in reality, it's a roof top, but don't tell Them that).

    And yes, he does kick bootay, while squeezing the other.

  2. #62
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    I've though entj since nearly the beginning, but I've thought better of saying something, because I think it's perceived as rude to question openly another person's type. I definitely feel the Ni, which I like. When he started the thread about functions and wanted to develop a system of identifying function order, it was funny to me and so N/T-T/N; it's what I was in the middle of trying to do as well (when I was in my strong T mode).

    But as I watched that thread, and other threads he started, unfurl, it seemed that he would usually digress to some sort of Te explanation when backed in to a corner or threatened. I felt/saw the Ni yield to Te in enough situations that, combined with his extraverted posting style, I naturally started feeling like he was really an entj. I guess he could be an intj who's just pushing his Ni beyond its normal limits, but in that case, Ni should be his dominant function and should pervade his posts, visibly or invisibly. I just don't get that as much. Ni considers quietly more than it pushes. Z pushes.

    I'd bet his Te and Ni are maybe both well developed and hence the extraverted Te shows forth when he wants to muscle an idea forth. I just don't feel excessive amounts of Ni there (which means he has more than a righteous amount of Te, btw ) is all.

    There are several other "intjs" on here who aren't, imo. I don't know about other Ni doms, but just as with Fe/Fi doms (because I use Fe), it's easy for me to tell who is Ni dominant and who isn't on here. The forum is an interesting medium because it shaves off all but the two main functions of someone more so than irl, so that you get a flatter picture of them and over time, you really get a good sense of a person's type. It's bullshit on here when people say that a viewer can "only see the extraverted function more strongly" and I guess it's a throwback to mbti rote lingo. Perhaps that's true for many, but I can see a dominant irrational on here over time pretty clearly; just because a dominant function is irrational doesn't mean it isn't obvious or visible (and I suspect Isabell felt like it was not as obvious because she herself was a dominant rational being infp, and lived with a dominant irrational istj).

    Having said all that, I think instinctual variants make a big difference on how you come off as well, more so in person, but on here too. I'd be curious to know Z's stacking. He could be an entj sp/sx and therefore come off more introverted, or he could be intj sx/so and come off more extraverted.
    Good post.

    I still side with Highlander on the issue of Je function being more readily apparent than the Pi function, if you assume all else is equal.

    The less equal, and the more this skews towards the Pi function, the less this should be the case, but I think the Je function can still be more apparent than the Pi function, even if it's relatively weaker, too. In many ways, as you pointed out, it's not even just the relative balance between the two that matters, but how developed the Je function is on an absolute basis.

    I have no idea what this sp/sx and sx/so business means... been seeing it all over the place since I got back... :confused:

  3. #63
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Sweet... 7 n 7...

    My favorite drink.

  4. #64
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    (note: one of the ENTJ votes is in error, as the voter thought the OP was about the historical, mythological and/or fictional character)

  5. #65
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Z, I'm going to be honest - it is forum etiquette to merge your thoughts into one post until someone else posts, at which point you may choose to respond. Otherwise, you're needlessly bumping a thread and filling up the intertubes with extra post scripts. Save the whales. Reduce post emissions.

  6. #66
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Z, I'm going to be honest - it is forum etiquette to merge your thoughts into one post until someone else posts, at which point you may choose to respond. Otherwise, you're needlessly bumping a thread and filling up the intertubes with extra post scripts. Save the whales. Reduce post emissions.
    But what if it's a completely separate thought, that comes after I write the previous post?

    That rule is completely Nazi, and Ni+Fi will have none of it.


  7. #67
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Sweet... 7 n 7...

    My favorite drink.
    My vote counts for more, as it is unavoidably correct.


    Your answer, ladies and gentlemen, is INTJ.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    I definitely think he is an INTJ, I just think he is a slightly rarer kind. If he isn't an 8, he is most certainly a sexual subtype because he is a very assertive introvert. I would still bet he is an 8 even if a counterphobic six type is possible. Most INTJ's are 5's so naturally INTJ 8's can come across as ENTJish in comparison. I hope Zarathustra doesn't smite me, but I should mention he seems to make enemies with his forceful posting style. Also, Silly who has some authority on the topic of his personality (Not as much as Z, but still) commented:

    But I think Zara slips into ETJ mode when he's stressed out and that, in my opinion, is when he is not in top form, so he tends to unleash a Te MonsTErrrrr!!!

    it's berrry scarrry.
    and also:

    You have a tendency to act childish and retaliatory when you feel, mayhaps... threatened/hurt/angry by others who might know as much or more than you
    This fits in with the combative, low-frustration threshold of type 8's. That being said, I don't have a problem with his strong presence at all (I am an INFP, phobic 6 so I don't mind deferring to others at all), but I notice some people feel antagonized by him for one reason or another. I am sure they are justified.

  9. #69
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    My vote counts for more, as it is unavoidably correct.


    Your answer, ladies and gentlemen, is INTJ.


    This from someone who struggled excessively with typing himself. :rolli:

    edit: Also, Te dom explains mo bettah Z's apparent lack of Fe.

    Z: go to here and see what your subtype is (it's the stacking thing. It will tell you one, but you can glean an idea of the next one from how many of the other subtype results you get)
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  10. #70
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    But what if it's a completely separate thought, that comes after I write the previous post?

    That rule is completely Nazi, and Ni+Fi will have none of it.

    However Te needs to consider the following line of reasoning:

    A logical future consequence of this is that other forumites/the mods are likely to be annoyed by it as being against their conception of forum etiquette. It's therefore predictable that you're likely to draw negative attention for this regardless of the actual content of your posts. Since this is commonly categoried by others as trollish behaviour or a violation of forum etiquette (particularly if already warned about it) it will be taken as corroboratory evidence that you are trolling or deliberately provoking people by anyone who otherwise becomes offended by anything you say or do; and also by the mods if they are contemplating any kind of action in response to their taking offense.

    If the criticism and negative attention relates entirely to the content of your posts, a style of interaction or line of argument may be rationally defended, while the breaking of forum etiquette may not. The argument will simply be that you were warned, and chose to ignore it, therefore it is proof that you were willfully disruptive on the forum. On the other hand, nothing is actually gained from posting like this, besides the feeling that you are breaking rules which you consider arbitrary. You could therefore increase the likelihood of earning future infractions/bannings merely for posting in this way and quite regardless of any argument you actually make, due to the negative effect it has on others' perceptions of you.

    How's that
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. What type is House?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1046
    Last Post: 11-23-2015, 07:15 PM
  3. What type is Falcarius the dinosaur?
    By Falcarius in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  4. What type is he?
    By Climber07 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
  5. What type is the most pedantic?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO