• Other: Please indicate and explain in your post

3 8.82%
First 4567816 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I would love to hear Litvyak's explanation for why he thinks I'm an ISTJ...

(aside from the fact that he apparently doesn't have a fondness for me, as evidenced by his voting in another thread that I deserved to be banned... )

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I've thought entj since nearly the beginning, but I've thought better of saying something, because I think it's perceived as rude to question openly another person's type. I definitely feel the Ni, which I like. When he started the thread about functions and wanted to develop a system of identifying function order, it was funny to me and so N/T-T/N; it's what I was in the middle of trying to do as well (when I was in my strong T mode).

But as I watched that thread, and other threads he started, unfurl, it seemed that he would usually digress to some sort of Te explanation when backed in to a corner or threatened. I felt/saw the Ni yield to Te in enough situations that, combined with his extraverted posting style, I naturally started feeling like he was really an entj. I guess he could be an intj who's just pushing his Ni beyond its normal limits, but in that case, Ni should be his dominant function and should pervade his posts, visibly or invisibly. I just don't get that as much. Ni considers quietly more than it pushes. Z pushes.

I'd bet his Te and Ni are maybe both well developed and hence the extraverted Te shows forth when he wants to muscle an idea forth. I just don't feel excessive amounts of Ni there (which means he has more than a righteous amount of Te, btw ) is all.

There are several other "intjs" on here who aren't, imo. I don't know about other Ni doms, but just as with Fe/Fi doms (because I use Fe), it's easy for me to tell who is Ni dominant and who isn't on here. The forum is an interesting medium because it shaves off all but the two main functions of someone more so than irl, so that you get a flatter picture of them and over time, you really get a good sense of a person's type. It's bullshit on here when people say that a viewer can "only see the extraverted function more strongly" and I guess it's a throwback to mbti rote lingo. Perhaps that's true for many, but I can see a dominant irrational on here over time pretty clearly; just because a dominant function is irrational doesn't mean it isn't obvious or visible (and I suspect Isabell felt like it was not as obvious because she herself was a dominant rational being infp, and lived with a dominant irrational istj).

Having said all that, I think instinctual variants make a big difference on how you come off as well, more so in person, but on here too. I'd be curious to know Z's stacking. He could be an entj sp/sx and therefore come off more introverted, or he could be intj sx/so and come off more extraverted.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think he's one of those borderline E/I people like I am. xNTJ.

From my perspective, he comes off extroverted.

But then, he thinks I'm an extrovert too.

INTJ and 8, appears much more E than INTJ and 5. 8s are so much "in your face".

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    INTJ and 8, appears much more E than INTJ and 5. 8s are so much "in your face".
    heeyyyy...maybe that's what it is!

Just like how there are E7 ENFPs and E4 ENFPs and E2 ENFPs....different variations on a type...good thinking, Chloee.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    heeyyyy...maybe that's what it is!

Just like how there are E7 ENFPs and E4 ENFPs and E2 ENFPs....different variations on a type...good thinking, Chloee.
    I would normally say he's an E, but if he types himself slightly more I, then it can be explained by INTJ and 8. I know one INTJ and 8 lady, she's 75+ and she's sooo energetic and outspoken, still works, has leadership company.

Btw. you know any ENFP-2s?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

me though i'm only slightly dominant E...sometimes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

Quote Originally Posted by stringstheory View Post
    me though i'm only slightly dominant E...sometimes
    i am suspicious of your w1. Just saying. bc i know for enfp 1 and 3 but not 2. but okay, that's other topic.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    i am suspicious of your w1. Just saying. bc i know for enfp 1 and 3 but not 2
    E2 is actually supposed to be more common for ENFP than E4. I believe the top three, in order, are 1) E7 is the most common, which I also believe is the stereotypical ENFP that people expect, and then are confused when they don't get one 2) E2 and 3) E4

In fact I wonder if E4 ENFPs are more introverted than E7, and that 4w3 and E3 ENFPs get mixed up with J temperaments sometimes. An E8 ENFP on this forum almost seems xxTJ-ish in some ways...

Anyway, back on topic. Sorry SS and Zarathustra.