• Other: Please indicate and explain in your post

3 8.82%
First 51314151617 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I wish I could say something, but alas, I cannot.

Bleh.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I would say I don't really need to, cuz I know I'm not.

I'm going to bed. G'nite, y'all!
    Sometimes it helps to counter-argue a position, and I would be interested to hear how you would, is all.

Not up to the challenge, I see?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Sometimes it helps to counter-argue a position, and I would be interested to hear how you would, is all.

Not up to the challenge, I see?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...u=5475&u2=8413

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Oh thank you.

You do have a very powerful extraversion of your Te, but since it is wiser to defer to self-typing, I shall say I am glad you feel comfortable in your INTJ apparel.

Ni sweaters for example are made from alpaca yarn, very cozy, and gentle.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

I think 8 only attacks people who are stronger than him (or on the same level) and counterphobic 6 can attack even weaker people. 8 tries to protect the weak. One of differences.
    i can go sometimes to CP 6, veeery rarely (since i'm type 3 so it can go to 6), and then i become very aggressive and appear fearless, but i am actually freakin fearful beneath that... which 8 doesnt feel, fear. they feel safe most of the times.

MBTI
    INTJ

In regards to the aggression issue, there are (at least) two kinds that I can see. The obvious one is the aggression that results from a feeling of weakness, a preemptive counter-attack to control one's environment. The other is an off handed aggression that results from a feeling of hierarchical superiority and it's maintenance...a dominance display. It is mostly the latter that I was talking about, which is why I asked the questions I asked. I'm not sure if females could really understand the latter as readily, though.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    In regards to the aggression issue, there are (at least) two kinds that I can see. The obvious one is the aggression that results from a feeling of weakness, a preemptive counter-attack to control one's environment. The other is an off handed aggression that results from a feeling of hierarchical superiority and it's maintenance...a dominance display. It is mostly the latter that I was talking about, which is why I asked the questions I asked. I'm not sure if females could really understand the latter as readily, though.
    5 out of 5 star analysis.

*claps hands*

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I think you'd have to look beyond these two very animalistic ideas about aggression in order to understand where "mine" comes from.

First question you'd need to ask yourself...

Am I aggressive at all times, or mostly in certain situations?

Second question: What are those situations?

Third question: Why do those situations bring out aggression in me?

I believe there are usually many causes for phenomena, and that we usually try to simplify it into fewer than are often the case, and while the two explanations offered thus far may be present to some extent at some moments in time, I really don't think they get to the crux of the issue. The latter slightly more so, but still off base...
    Last edited by Zarathustra; 07-20-2010 at 10:05 PM.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Indeed. I'd associate the latter more with social dominance, which implies high status and a lack of self-questioning. Not really the impression I get with Z though. He's very into self-questioning, I think that's why when he puts his vision of the truth across he tends to do so more forcefully than many people, he perhaps feels that he's already looked at the issue carefully enough that he has a very strong position, and wants to test this out by debating it?
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...
    Likes Zarathustra liked this post

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Maybe it's my NF idealism, but I agree with SS about aggression, and that it's basically an outdated testosterone-enriched behavior that has little basis in today's world. In fact, I like this quote by MLK:

“Mankind must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.”
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com