User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP

Default I feel like a paradox.

I'm an ENFP. On the enneagram, I am a type 3 (achiever) with a wing 6 (loyalist). Having type 6 so high on my list, I strongly crave security and am oftentimes afraid of taking risks. Pleasure and change are still important to me, but they scored much lower on the enneagram test. However, ENFP's are supposedly risk-takers and pleasure-seekers. Is there any reason for this? Could it be a possibility that the way my brain works doesn't jive so well with my main focuses in life? Security and stability are very important for me to be happy, yet my inner rebel sometimes tries to fight to break out and make me do something wild?

Or maybe these results actually make a lot of sense and I'm just not really seeing how they connect. I would be interested in hearing some of your thoughts.
    Enneagram Results

--3w6 sx/so

Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||||||| 85%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||||| 77%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 60%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||| 60%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 57%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 44%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||| 27%
    Type 5 Detachment |||| 11%

Ginkgo

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5zEP4kvfnc"]Walking Contradiction[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENFP

Enneagram Results

--3w6 sx/so

Well, you can't exactly have a 6 wing with 3 (it's either 3w2 or 3w4, whatever precedes or is in sequence, etc). You could be one or the other.

6, I think, is sort of a one size fits all E type, and any MBTI type could possibly line up with it. The reality is: A lot of people are worried and have a push/pull thing with fear and security.

3 might be typical of ENFs (ENFJs moreso?) however.

MBTI
    ENFP

I thought I was an ENFJ before, but then everyone insisted I MUST be an ENFP. And yeah, I was wondering if that was an impossible wing to have, but...loyalist fits me so well...
    Enneagram Results

--3w6 sx/so

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Spastic_Blondie View Post
    I thought I was an ENFJ before, but then everyone insisted I MUST be an ENFP. And yeah, I was wondering if that was an impossible wing to have, but...loyalist fits me so well...
    Why did everyone insist that you were ENFP and not ENFJ?

Also, how many different versions of the enneagram test did you take and how many times?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think ENFPs feel like that a lot. I've always felt like I was a walking talking contradiction. It's actually kind of nice when you embrace it.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    ISFJ

Don't take descriptions too literally. ENFPs aren't pleasure seeking as it might sound.

Immature ENFPs tend to get the spotlight when it comes to speaking of ENFPs, but pleasure seeking for an ENFP is not the same thing as for an S.

Enneagram
    1w2

Many ENFPs on this forum feel like they have totally unique psychology different from the other 6 billion people on the planet. All those billions of other people are the same, while they have heavy burden of being so radically different from everyone else they need their own biological classification, i.e. being a paradox. Evidently things are so simple for everyone else and yet so complicated for them. They see what no one else sees, tut tut.

Unfortunately, nothing ever really fits because that's how different they are, so they walk around in ill-fitting human suits looking for a tailor to cut them a perfect piece of cloth (usually INTJ).

I read where people insisted you were ENFP...it's up to decide what type you are but I saw no overwhelming evidence in any direction. I think this is a pretty good thread describing how to narrow down your type http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...your-type.html, but if I may be snarky (oh, I will) I must say even the title of this thread makes you a strong candidate for being an ENFP just like any other and unlike any other.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3