• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can she really be an ENFP?

cfs1992

This girl I know scored ENFP one time and ENTP in another, but I want your opinions cause I see some S/T tendencies...

-She is very, very outgoing and flirty;
-She loves parties, and I see her as a very hedonistic person (loves to drink, physical pleasures etc);
-She is egocentric, doesn't like to listen to another people problems;
-She is jealous and doesn't like to see when people is an a higher position than her;
-She is a very good company to share ideas and random thoughts and jokes;
-People tend to not take her seriously, principally men.
-She thinks she's always right, even when she behaves in a morally questionable manner;
-She's depressive and I identified the Histrionic Personality Disorder in her;
-She loves working with marketing;
-She has some strong emotional outbursts that make her look childish at times;
-I'm a kind of "guru/counsellor" to her, she said it to me;
-She's easily influenced by media and this stuff, she likes to appear "in";
-She tends to dislike when I tell the truth for her;
-I see her as a very naive person, who wants to appear strong when she isn't;
-She's intelligent, but doesn't know how to use her potential fully;
-She only helps people when she wants...
-She sometimes says that she acts from instinct;
-It's impossible not to have fun with her;
Any guesses?

Last edited:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Toughy.
I think she sounds like ESFP to me, since you gave more examples leading to that than to another type.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESFP enneagram 3 of some sort.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How is this tough? ESFP, absolutely. Based on your perception only, of course.

sculpting

This girl I know scored ENFP one time and ENTP in another, but I want your opinions cause I see some S/T tendencies...

-She loves parties, and I see her as a very hedonistic person (loves to drink, physical pleasures etc);
-She is jealous and doesn't like to see when people is an a higher position than her;

-She thinks she's always right, even when she behaves in a morally questionable manner;
Any guesses?

The bolded stuff seems like young Fi to me
The underlined stuff is an Ne dom of either Ti or Fi variety.
The Italicized stuff kinda hints at a bit if a Te mask.
the bold, italicized, underlined stuff is strongly indicative of an enfp.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
ESFP, not ENFP.
Don't trust the personality tests with the iNtuitive bias.. :steam:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

Could be either ENFP or ENTP :D

What is her *appearance*? Honestly, is she very attractive in a mainstream way? Because if she's young and cute and naive, she probably won't be taken seriously by men regardless of type. All things being equal though, this sounds less ENTP unless she is quite young or very good looking and used to the attention and mistakenly attributes it to her intelligence or charm. I think Te would demand some more respect from men, then again, refer back to the 3rd sentence. Speaking as an ENFP female myself, I have always demanded respect from men and boys as an intellectual and other equal.

Could still be an ENTP :p - how old is she?

I think folks in their teens, late teens, to early 20s share a lot more 'traits' simply due to age, hormones, immaturity, and lack of relative life experience re: 'emotional outbursts'. Did that sound horribly ageist? :alttongue: What I meant to say is that people share traits due to stages in life and other factors than just typological type.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESFP. The fact she likes floating ideas and random thoughts could hint at Ne, but that's about the only indicator of it I see on your description.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESFP enneagram 3 of some sort.
3w4, sx/so. She's no manner of wing-2, given this:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3w4, sx/so. She's no manner of wing-2, given this:

Yeah agreed. My cousin is an ESFP 3w2 and I definitely notice the different with the wings. 3w2s are pretty awesome but I've had issues with 3w4s... especially with work.

sculpting

I doubt she's ENFP because I'm too. But we're different in terms of personal values (she doesn't care about moral values like me) and I'm not the "party girl" as she is. And she seems more "physical" than me...And I relate her more to the SP temperament than the NF one.

Because Fi is highly individualistic ENFPs can vary enormously in what we look like on the surface. Each Fi user will have different morals and development and usage of morals. I tend to be much more contained and analytical than many enfps I read about here, but I have seen some who report being extremely extroverted especially when young and loving parties and social activities.

Lots of Ne (or Se in ESFPs) can cause us to not always listen to our inner Fi when young. Also Te maturity/development will vary enormously across ENFPs. You may have much more Te than your friend, even though you guys are the same age due to biology or enviornment.

The childish emo displays would very strongly suggest EXFP though as it is a sign of defensive Fi. I'd suggest an ENTP at this age would be very Ti pokey/button pushing towards others, not being emo.

Ne or Se? I dunno.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Possibly young, immature ENFP.

I either now or at some point in my life identified with all of the following traits:

Seriously, except for the not caring about other people's problems, I pretty much behaved like this when I was late teens/very early twenties, and still have some of these traits now...like always wanting to be right.

How old is she? Also, what are some of her interests? Does she like to read? If so, what does she like to read?

cfs1992

How old is she? Also, what are some of her interests? Does she like to read? If so, what does she like to read?

She is 17. She likes being an amateur promoter of bands. She doesn't read too much... when she reads something is probably some biography of rockstars.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
She is 17. She likes being an amateur promoter of bands. She doesn't read too much... when she reads something is probably some biography of rockstars.

Ok at 17 it really might still be difficult to pinpoint exactly what her type is.

However, even at that age I was more "intellectual" and was always reading, took AP Lit, had a lot of interest in psychiatry, politics, and sociology...I was also a little dark and serious when I wasn't going out and having a good time...like the stereotypical "bipolar" seeming ENFP, two sided...with a very introverted side.

So she might be ESFP. Maybe ESFP and ENFP look a lot alike when immature, except for concrete vs. abstract interests. My mom is ESFP and she says that I sometimes remind her of herself, so it could just be ExxP temperament and Fi/Te.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I was 17 I took an MBTI test and tested as INTP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Yeah I tested as INFJ the first time. This is probably due to the fact that I would only be compelled to take such a test when I was in one of my more introspective, withdrawn phases.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP

When I was 16, I got INTP, when I was 18 I got INFP.

CzeCze said:
What is her *appearance*? Honestly, is she very attractive in a mainstream way? Because if she's young and cute and naive, she probably won't be taken seriously by men regardless of type. All things being equal though, this sounds less ENTP unless she is quite young or very good looking and used to the attention and mistakenly attributes it to her intelligence or charm. I think Te would demand some more respect from men, then again, refer back to the 3rd sentence. Speaking as an ENFP female myself, I have always demanded respect from men and boys as an intellectual and other equal.

But did you get it?
I want to start another thread about this but I've noticed no matter how smart or "normal"/"controlled"/expected/proper I come off men, particularly older men, will never take me seriously. Not until I grow beard.

I'm not attractive in a mainstream way, either. (I'm so anti-mainstream it's ridiculous). I'd like to believe I'm not "naive" because I come off more salty than optimistic.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I want to start another thread about this but I've noticed no matter how smart or "normal"/"controlled"/expected/proper I come off men, particularly older men, will never take me seriously. Not until I grow beard.

yeah, ditto. older men don't like to take me seriously. i feel like i always have to prove myself before they'll listen to me.
sarcasm, international current events and theoretical physics generally work well :rolleyes:

anyway your sister sounds ESFP to me too.

So she might be ESFP. Maybe ESFP and ENFP look a lot alike when immature, except for concrete vs. abstract interests. My mom is ESFP and she says that I sometimes remind her of herself, so it could just be ExxP temperament and Fi/Te.

:yes: i think this is very true. really social ENFP can look a ton like ESFP, and vice versa.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
When I was 16, I got INTP, when I was 18 I got INFP.

CzeCze said:

But did you get it?

From guys in my "age cohort" basically people who I see as peers, I make them see me as a peer. I look younger than I am and I can dress like a bum student so sometimes people in their 40s and 50s think I'm like 21 or something. It's really apparent in their attitude towards you. ^_^

As for men, I've totally seen how even "liberal, informed" men can totally patronize pretty empty-headed things.

The idea of respect is different from a work context and social. In a work context, you have a legal mandate to treat people 'equally' and with certain standards of respect. Also, slowly but surely, or immediately, you [can] earn peoples' respect through your actual work performance. In a social context? Meh.

There's more I can say but I'll wait for your thread if you ever start it.

Sounds like a good thread idea!

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
NO WAY MAN, NO. DEFINITELY NOT. DEFINITELY NOT *checks what this thread is about* ENFP. NO. FRIKKIN. WAY.