User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Well, I obviously don't know how long you are already dealing with it. My post wasn't meant in a negative way that you wouldn't think enough about it. The MBTI stuff is just not always easy to understand, and you can get many things wrong I think. I think especially I vs E can be difficult sometimes. You don't necessarily have to force now a letter on your own just because I say so, but I think it helps to know the own type and the fact that you think about it already for so long and open the thread says to me that you have some interest in it too, although it is (understandable) a bit annoying for you to be open on that one letter still

Well, when I look at the list and give my own opinion (others may feel free to criticize my thoughts), then I think that not all things listed are necessarily indicators of I or E. Your points for I actually all sound very much like I. The last point that you get nutty more when you are long time alone than you are when you are long time not alone doesn't have to mean much. I can get frustrated / annoyed / bored / nutty too when I am alone for longer time. I guess most people don't want to be lonely all time. I think also F vs T plays into that. As F you are in some way people-focused, and when you are not with people at all then it can be difficult too.

On the other hand I see several E points written down by you that don't really have to mean anything. You like team sports etc., but you don't hang around with them all day long all the time I guess. I like team sports more than individual sports too (well, actually I don't like doing sports myself mostly at all but that's another story...), and I guess many I's do so too. Again that might be also some F vs T-thing.

May I ask what you want to do usually as first when you come home from work / school / whatever? In a workshop I visited once about MBTI that was one example question which should give some first indication for I or E.

Liking to be in center of attention may be more typical for E than I, but as I say, there are several I's who are on the stage etc. too. I think that nervousness stuff can be brought under control when you have enough self-confidence, practice etc.

The following things (hope I didn't forget one) are neither I or E imho:

0 i am often the planner of social events in my group of friends, despite being an *nfp
    1 i like to talk and gossip about people
    2 i would usually rather do something with a friend than alone
    3 when i was younger, i would always think before i spoke, because i didn't speak with peers much. now that i do, i forget to think before i speak and say rather dumb things sometimes
    4 i have a very wide group of acquaintances
    0-2 don't point to any type (1 maybe more to F than T, but not really more for E than I). To 2, do you mean with one of your close friends or would you also rather do something with someone that you don't know that well yet (one of your acquaintances)? 3, well, I think that is also a matter of self-confidence. If you feel more self-confident then you maybe talk more openly about things. I on the other hand tend to speak fast before thinking when I am very nervous or under stress. 4 again can also just mean that you get along well with other people. I usually have no problem getting along with people either as an I, but I wouldn't call them my friends, and I wouldn't really do much stuff with them if there is not a closer friend with me too. Unless of course that is an interesting person which could develop into a closer friend, or we would maybe really do something very interesting but then I go there because of the activity and not the people there, which is untypical though.

Functions tests seem to be to me inaccurate often, but if it was accuracte then it would correlate with ENFP, yes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

thanks Eckhart :]

i think you're right. i AM introverted. i went to a big gathering today and really paid attention to my behavior and thought and energy levels, and that sealed it for me.

but i've also been asking my closest friends and family about types and they've consistently voiced that the enfp descriptions are far more like me, just not the parts about being super outgoing or very energetic.

so here's my example... bold describes what's NOT me.

infp:
    creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, (what is the darkside?) hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic.

enfp:
    outgoing, social, disorganized, easily talked into doing silly things, spontaneous, wild and crazy, acts without thinking, good at getting people to have fun, pleasure seeking, irresponsible, physically affectionate, risk taker, thrill seeker, likely to have or want a tattoo (got one about a year ago ), adventurous, unprepared, attention seeking, hyperactive, irrational, loves crowds, rule breaker, prone to losing things, seductive, easily distracted, open, revealing, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, attracted to strange things, non punctual, likes to stand out, likes to try new things, fun seeker, unconventional, energetic, impulsive, empathetic, dangerous, loving, attachment prone, prone to fantasy.

i also really do think that my Ne is more dominant than my Fi, or at least they're pretty much tied for dominance. just looking at the way i cognitively process and behave, Ne comes first. though i've read a lot that Fi is hard to explain. anyway, maybe a high level of Ne is part of the reason for these discrepancies...

and maybe also there are just many varieties within infp, and i happen to be on the optimistic, social, thrill seeking side. i am an enneagram 7, after all.

if you are absolutely sure about being enneagram 7, i dont think you are infp because infps are (almost??) never 7s.... not everybody is stereotypical example of their type.
    if you look at the people, if there is 60% or more Es, not all of them are extremely extraverted like Es profiles indicate, maybe 20% of people are obvious Es, other Es are more quiet but still Es because they are energized by interaction etc.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    if you are absolutely sure about being enneagram 7, i dont think you are infp because infps are (almost??) never 7s.... not everybody is stereotypical example of their type.
    if you look at the people, if there is 60% or more Es, not all of them are extremely extraverted like Es profiles indicate, maybe 20% of people are obvious Es, other Es are more quiet but still Es because they are energized by interaction etc.
    hm, well, it's possible that i'm a 4w3 - maybe it's the same case as enfp/infp in that i've just identified with the more outgoing description because sadness/shame/guilt are fairly unfamiliar territory to me, and i'm kind of an adrenaline junkie. lol

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hi

I think you sound like an ENFP. I've got an ENFP friend and she's pretty individualistic and needs a lot of alone time, which she calls "Me time" and she spends it doing solitary things like reading or giving herself a pedicure. You don't have to be super energetic to be an extrovert, the same way you don't have to hate people to be an introvert. Extroverts just feel energized by people. They don't necessarily have to go out and seek contact with people.

If you don't identify even a little with the sadness/darkness thing, then you're probably not an INFP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Well, I am not used to Enneagram, so I cannot really tell. I just gave you my opinion on your written list. You alone can give your best fitting type at end, and when you feel you are an Introvert then maybe your Enneagramm is wrong, or you are just a bit outside the usual image of INFP.

Just saying that I don't want to mislead you or so.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    Well, I am not used to Enneagram, so I cannot really tell. I just gave you my opinion on your written list. You alone can give your best fitting type at end, and when you feel you are an Introvert then maybe your Enneagramm is wrong, or you are just a bit outside the usual image of INFP.

Just saying that I don't want to mislead you or so.
    no that's ok! i really appreciate your input. it helps to hear different opinions than the ones i've heard circulated within my own mind 100 times, lol.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

well maybe this is why i've had trouble

i just took a functions test and it came out like this:

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************ (48.4)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.2)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.1)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************** (28.1)
    average use
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.7)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************ (24)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.8)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************** (14.7)
    unused

lmao i am strange
    or i answered poorly
    or this test is fucked up, one of three

though apparently having trouble deciding your type/feeling like an outsider resonates with ENFP/INFP
    sooooo lol

mostly i just thought someone else might laugh at these results too

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I think the Test is fucked up (if it is the same I did, it seems so). I have done it once too when I started here, and I had also nonsense in it.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    well maybe this is why i've had trouble

i just took a functions test and it came out like this:

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************ (48.4)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.2)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.1)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************** (28.1)
    average use
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.7)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************ (24)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.8)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************** (14.7)
    unused

lmao i am strange
    or i answered poorly
    or this test is fucked up, one of three

though apparently having trouble deciding your type/feeling like an outsider resonates with ENFP/INFP
    sooooo lol

mostly i just thought someone else might laugh at these results too
    but what did test tell you ? ENTP??