• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is ragashree?

ragashree's type?

• Total voters

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you need to talk about yourself some more... just so we can be sure.;)

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
About time I got back to this thread... Right then, I'll try to provide some further information for any who are interested.

I'm pretty sure I am an Ni dominant type. However, I don't tend to make use of an extraverted judging faculty as my secondary process, at least not as much as type theory predicts. I would say my strongest judging process (but not dominant process) is Fi, followed by Ti, in that order. My Ne usage is ok, nothing special compared to some of the strong Ne dominants or even secondaries around, but I can extravert effectively with it; this combination puts me into a natural INxP mode (somewhat more I than E) a lot of the time when interacting with people. This fits in quite well with one or two things that people have said, especialy Aleksi's comment:

Functionally, weird as fuck INFJ. Behaviorally I'd say an odd, warped cross between INTP, INFJ and INFP.

Interestingly, although Fi might be in some respects a more "natural" judging process for me, and is often the one that gets engaged first when making personal decisions, etc, I don't think I tend to use it a great deal for dealing with ideas, it seems more reserved for evaluation of what directly matters to me, personally. If I have an abstract concept or philosophy to deal with I think I tend more to evaluate it as objectively as possible using Ni-Ti to consider alternate possibilities in a detached way and see how they fit together; then secondarily how it may affect other people (which may be Fe as much as anything).

Fi doesn't really come into this that much, except perhaps to validate conclusions made about how something may affect others via empathic projection, and perhaps to motivate me into actually engaging with something in the first place. If I disagree with someone on an ethical or philosophical matter I'm more likely to try to refute them and change the way they think, possibly by trying to get them to see things from a new perspective or seeing the flaws in their own beliefs, than I am to try to explain how what I believe in may differ.

Interestingly, the only person I have met Irl who knew enough about type to have a strong opinion on the matter, and did not have preconceptions due to anything I'd said, is my former fiancee, an INTP. She was quite convinced I was INTJ, which surprised me a bit, especially as she held on to the belief for quite some time (in fact until I got bored with the game and told her that I was pretty sure I wasn't, which she was still somewhat unconvinced by). This is all the more surprising when her own father, to whom she's quite close, is an ISTJ, who I would say is quite balanced on S/N; so she ought to be pretty familiar with the type's characteristics.

I really wouldn't have thought I was very Te at all most of the time. ;) I may have at times appeared to be when I was younger when I had a lot of personal boundaries to protect, and could possibly have typed as INTJ in my late teens or early 20's due to this, but I'm unconvinced this typing would have been accurate. I would say I rarely display Te characteristics now except under some kind of sudden stress or threat; I actually tend to be quite calm (at least outwardly) and decisive under pressure, probably more so than usual, and deal with threatening or emotionally traumatic situations in quite a detached, controlled, logical way, which is usually effective. I surprise myself with this at times: however I don't seek out those kinds of situations, because I don't really like them!

Well, this is a summary of what I DO, part of it in any case! As to what type this makes me... I suppose it's a case of what fits best - but I'm not convinced I fit any particularly well!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm leaning towards INTJ now.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
He very much strikes me as an INFx.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Only because your auxiliary function is broken. :p

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Only because your auxiliary function is broken. :p
Hey, it works just fine, I'll have you know!

It's just not the one you might expect!

Long story short, you're Nunki's type -- his long, lost twin brother or something. ;)
Haha, I have actually seen some of Nunki's posts lately... I kind of see where you're coming from, as I do where he is when I see him say something, but I do get the impression that we're VERY different in personality and preoccupations. We may get some similar ideas at times, whether we use the same kind of process to derive them is open for conjuncture for me at the moment... :thinking:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
About time I got back to this thread... Right then, I'll try to provide some further information for any who are interested.

I'm pretty sure I am an Ni dominant type. However, I don't tend to make use of an extraverted judging faculty as my secondary process, at least not as much as type theory predicts. I would say my strongest judging process (but not dominant process) is Fi, followed by Ti, in that order. My Ne usage is ok, nothing special compared to some of the strong Ne dominants or even secondaries around, but I can extravert effectively with it; this combination puts me into a natural INxP mode (somewhat more I than E) a lot of the time when interacting with people. This fits in quite well with one or two things that people have said, especialy Aleksi's comment:

Interestingly, although Fi might be in some respects a more "natural" judging process for me, and is often the one that gets engaged first when making personal decisions, etc, I don't think I tend to use it a great deal for dealing with ideas, it seems more reserved for evaluation of what directly matters to me, personally. If I have an abstract concept or philosophy to deal with I think I tend more to evaluate it as objectively as possible using Ni-Ti to consider alternate possibilities in a detached way and see how they fit together; then secondarily how it may affect other people (which may be Fe as much as anything).

Fi doesn't really come into this that much, except perhaps to validate conclusions made about how something may affect others via empathic projection, and perhaps to motivate me into actually engaging with something in the first place. If I disagree with someone on an ethical or philosophical matter I'm more likely to try to refute them and change the way they think, possibly by trying to get them to see things from a new perspective or seeing the flaws in their own beliefs, than I am to try to explain how what I believe in may differ.

Interestingly, the only person I have met Irl who knew enough about type to have a strong opinion on the matter, and did not have preconceptions due to anything I'd said, is my former fiancee, an INTP. She was quite convinced I was INTJ, which surprised me a bit, especially as she held on to the belief for quite some time (in fact until I got bored with the game and told her that I was pretty sure I wasn't, which she was still somewhat unconvinced by). This is all the more surprising when her own father, to whom she's quite close, is an ISTJ, who I would say is quite balanced on S/N; so she ought to be pretty familiar with the type's characteristics.

I really wouldn't have thought I was very Te at all most of the time. ;) I may have at times appeared to be when I was younger when I had a lot of personal boundaries to protect, and could possibly have typed as INTJ in my late teens or early 20's due to this, but I'm unconvinced this typing would have been accurate. I would say I rarely display Te characteristics now except under some kind of sudden stress or threat; I actually tend to be quite calm (at least outwardly) and decisive under pressure, probably more so than usual, and deal with threatening or emotionally traumatic situations in quite a detached, controlled, logical way, which is usually effective. I surprise myself with this at times: however I don't seek out those kinds of situations, because I don't really like them!

Well, this is a summary of what I DO, part of it in any case! As to what type this makes me... I suppose it's a case of what fits best - but I'm not convinced I fit any particularly well!

You're quite sure you're not confusing Ni-Fe with Fi?
I notice a lot of INFJs claiming to have some Fi usage (top 4 functions I mean), and I think they don't grasp what Fi is all that well. They seem to think having personal values means using Fi, but everyone has personal values.

I'm certainly not contemplating morality or my personal values all the time. Fi can be as much about gleaning meaning, making a ruthless examination of a concept, comparing thoughts to each other, comparing ideas to an innate feeling of what is true, playing devil's advocate to find holes in your own thoughts, etc. Sometimes it's done in an internal dialogue, other times it's more imaginative.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

My immediate reaction is some sort of dominant introverted intuitive - which one, I'm unsure. I voted INFJ though.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
You're quite sure you're not confusing Ni-Fe with Fi?
Yup, quite sure ;)

I notice a lot of INFJs claiming to have some Fi usage (top 4 functions I mean), and I think they don't grasp what Fi is all that well. They seem to think having personal values means using Fi, but everyone has personal values.
Well, I don't know who you're talking about offhand, so I'm hardly in a position to comment, but I don't particularly see why this shouldn't be the case, unless you think type theory provides a perfectly reliable basis for predicting the relative strengths of all cognitive functions. I don't, personally - I think you may well be able to glean the strongest natural function pairing, which is what Mbti essentially seems to be measuring, but this is unlikely to be the whole story in individual cases; nor should it be really. People are more complex than one simple psychological test can reasonably be expected to predict, unless the test itself is near-perfect.

I'm certainly not contemplating morality or my personal values all the time.
Wouldn't have thought so, that sounds more like unbalanced Fe usage. :tongue:

Fi can be as much about gleaning meaning, making a ruthless examination of a concept, comparing thoughts to each other, comparing ideas to an innate feeling of what is true, playing devil's advocate to find holes in your own thoughts, etc. Sometimes it's done in an internal dialogue, other times it's more imaginative.
Like Ti, it builds internal models for understanding, helping to construct a belief system which may then inform one's external actions. Unlike Ti, the basis is not the logical integration of experience into a framework based on a personal theory of "How things work", but according to emotional associations formed between different aspects of experience. I think the process you've just described is a good explanation of the Fi version of the classic Ti theory testing style which is applied to information and ideas: "Does this fit my theoretical model? Does my model need to change to accomodate it?"

This is how I see the two functions, anyway ;) Contributions welcome!

Pretty sure he's this kind.

:wubbie: :cry: :emot-emo:
:huh: :thinking: :thelook:

That's the second very depressing thing I read from you today ! :huh:
Congratulations, you understood it! Can you provide a translation then? :devil:

I do not find him in the pattern of 16.
And if Wildcat says it...

:whistling:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Congratulations, you understood it! Can you provide a translation then? :devil:

She means that kind of man, who is at first all nice and fluffy to you as the woman and very acommodating; then when you got to know him, he starts to drown in self-pity about his own problems and what he does wrong in life and what he could change but never changes and then after you've left him, he starts to threaten you with killing himself or with killing you, effectively sending you a mail, 25 years after you've seen him the last time, in which he explains how bad you were as a partner and how free he is not that you're gone.

But, I honestly dont believe you are of that kind :)

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
She means that kind of man, who is at first all nice and fluffy to you as the woman and very acommodating; then when you got to know him, he starts to drown in self-pity about his own problems and what he does wrong in life and what he could change but never changes and then after you've left him, he starts to threaten you with killing himself or with killing you, effectively sending you a mail, 25 years after you've seen him the last time, in which he explains how bad you were as a partner and how free he is not that you're gone.

:rofl1:

Christ, that was a good interepretation of three confusing emoticons... Hey! Are you two together? Otherwise, how on earth did you know? :devil:

But, I honestly dont believe you are of that kind :)
No, I hate passive-aggressive whiney people ;)

sculpting

I vote INFJ but you very much remind me of a certain ENTP here in that your Fe has a very distinct Fi flavor-an individualistic, idealistic bent. That ENTP noted she had an INFP mom.

Totally Ni-you are exceptionally wise and have that depth of thought that comes with Ni.

Fe-based upon the word play I have seen you engage in with "whatever". Often I cant get Fe jokes or sarcasm. I also say Fe as when you interact with me, you always ask how I am doing-you dont tell me how you are doing and then wait for me to reflect-more of an Fi thing, especially enfp.

Ti-You use a lot of Ti in your analysis and I can see this in your threads with Sim and with Z.

I actually found a neat article which discussed the five levels of Fi development. What orangeappled described would be a very advanced way to use Fi-in a precise Ti manner, while I suspect ENFPs Fi is more simplistic, and INTJ Fi even more so...Each person would describe Fi somewhat differently and use it different ways.

So perhaps you really can tap into Fi-I have seen several INFJs note they can-but not in the advanced form that an INFP would utilize. The one INFJ who noted this the most was state of the union, also zorg (?) State said it was terribly painful.