1 5.00%
  • ENTJ

0 0%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I think you need to talk about yourself some more... just so we can be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    I think you need to talk about yourself some more... just so we can be sure.
    I'd rather talk about you... But you always wriggle out of it!
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

About time I got back to this thread... Right then, I'll try to provide some further information for any who are interested.

I'm pretty sure I am an Ni dominant type. However, I don't tend to make use of an extraverted judging faculty as my secondary process, at least not as much as type theory predicts. I would say my strongest judging process (but not dominant process) is Fi, followed by Ti, in that order. My Ne usage is ok, nothing special compared to some of the strong Ne dominants or even secondaries around, but I can extravert effectively with it; this combination puts me into a natural INxP mode (somewhat more I than E) a lot of the time when interacting with people. This fits in quite well with one or two things that people have said, especialy Aleksi's comment:

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Functionally, weird as fuck INFJ. Behaviorally I'd say an odd, warped cross between INTP, INFJ and INFP.
    Interestingly, although Fi might be in some respects a more "natural" judging process for me, and is often the one that gets engaged first when making personal decisions, etc, I don't think I tend to use it a great deal for dealing with ideas, it seems more reserved for evaluation of what directly matters to me, personally. If I have an abstract concept or philosophy to deal with I think I tend more to evaluate it as objectively as possible using Ni-Ti to consider alternate possibilities in a detached way and see how they fit together; then secondarily how it may affect other people (which may be Fe as much as anything).

Fi doesn't really come into this that much, except perhaps to validate conclusions made about how something may affect others via empathic projection, and perhaps to motivate me into actually engaging with something in the first place. If I disagree with someone on an ethical or philosophical matter I'm more likely to try to refute them and change the way they think, possibly by trying to get them to see things from a new perspective or seeing the flaws in their own beliefs, than I am to try to explain how what I believe in may differ.

Interestingly, the only person I have met Irl who knew enough about type to have a strong opinion on the matter, and did not have preconceptions due to anything I'd said, is my former fiancee, an INTP. She was quite convinced I was INTJ, which surprised me a bit, especially as she held on to the belief for quite some time (in fact until I got bored with the game and told her that I was pretty sure I wasn't, which she was still somewhat unconvinced by). This is all the more surprising when her own father, to whom she's quite close, is an ISTJ, who I would say is quite balanced on S/N; so she ought to be pretty familiar with the type's characteristics.

I really wouldn't have thought I was very Te at all most of the time. I may have at times appeared to be when I was younger when I had a lot of personal boundaries to protect, and could possibly have typed as INTJ in my late teens or early 20's due to this, but I'm unconvinced this typing would have been accurate. I would say I rarely display Te characteristics now except under some kind of sudden stress or threat; I actually tend to be quite calm (at least outwardly) and decisive under pressure, probably more so than usual, and deal with threatening or emotionally traumatic situations in quite a detached, controlled, logical way, which is usually effective. I surprise myself with this at times: however I don't seek out those kinds of situations, because I don't really like them!

Well, this is a summary of what I DO, part of it in any case! As to what type this makes me... I suppose it's a case of what fits best - but I'm not convinced I fit any particularly well!

Ginkgo

All hope is lost.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    All hope is lost.
    Of what, may I ask?

/rhetorical question, probably

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm leaning towards INTJ now.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    I'm leaning towards INTJ now.
    Shit. But even I don't think I make a good one of those!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

He very much strikes me as an INFx.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Only because your auxiliary function is broken. :P

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    About time I got back to this thread...
    Long story short, you're Nunki's type -- his long, lost twin brother or something.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.