User Tag List

View Poll Results: WTF is 'dis bitch's type?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTP

4 20.00%
  • INTP

9 45.00%
  • Other

0 0%
  • I don't give a rat's shit about your type!

7 35.00%
123 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Default Following the Trend...S/N Problems

I'm going to add to the recent spate of S/N confusion threads and request that you, my sweet, dear readers, tell me whether you think I'm more ISTP or INTP. It's been suggested before on this forum that I kind of seem S-ish, so I thought I'd ask widely.

Since my last "type me! Please type me!" thread was a bomb (probably because I didn't include any detail and I'm not all that well known 'round these parts), I'm including a list for people to work with. And a poll. 'Cause I love polls. Keep in mind that some of the stuff I'm including will be pretty heavily reliant on stereotypes about the types, but there's really no getting around that using the forum-typing method. So forgive me if some of the things that I say sound stupid; I'm just trying to list anything I can think of to support the functions.

So, ISTP defense:

- I enjoyed and played a lot of sports when I was younger, and was known for being quite athletic and outdoorsy.

- I've been complimented before for my alertness and observational skills.

- I am quite impulsive and live, to a good degree, in the hear-and-now.

- I like to drive to relieve stress, and I drive faster and more aggressively than most people that I know.

- I can be quite crude and vulgar, and I have what is commonly referred to by large-hipped, uptight mother types as a "potty mouth."

- I have always had a problem with authority, though not to a large enough degree to make me a real criminal. The worst that I do is sometimes shoplift (mostly for the challenge) and fail to pay my traffic tickets (or parking tickets) or appear in court.

- I enjoy observing my surroundings when I'm out and about.

- I like observational drawing.

- I can often enjoy films purely for their aesthetic.

- I can sometimes take things a little literally.

INTP defense:

- I like to fantasize and daydream. A lot. In fact, the fantasizing can be almost crippling.

- My students have complained about my manner of speaking being too abstract. In fact, a few of them even said that they wished I would put things in more concrete rather than "philosophical" terms.

- My interests are, and have always been, theoretical and conceptual in nature. That's why I went to grad school in the humanities.

- I have been called "quick witted" and "clever." I am good at banter and repartee, though I avoid getting too "silly." I like it when the banter is sarcastic and borderline-mean rather than whimsical.

- I wanted to be an inventor when I was a small child.

- I am clumsy and can get lost in thought. It's why I've been in two auto accidents - not paying attention.

- I am not in the least practical in my day-to-day life, though I like to think that I'm pretty good at giving practical advice.

- I spend most of my day coming up with different scenarios for my future and fantasizing about what it'd be like to be in those scenarios.

- I really do spend a good portion of each day thinking about type theories, and have done so for a good two years now (save a couple month period where I was bogged down with work and didn't have time to think about anything that I liked.)

Anyway, thanks in advance for helping me out.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

S and N does seem really tricky for you... You may be the kind of ISTP like ptgatsby. How do you relate to him?

How about the interaction styles and temperaments?

4temperaments.com -- Understanding Temperament Theory
    Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type <- how about the profiles on there?

Also, I didn't know you were a teacher.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    S and N does seem really tricky for you... You may be the kind of ISTP like ptgatsby. How do you relate to him?

How about the interaction styles and temperaments?

4temperaments.com -- Understanding Temperament Theory
    Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type <- how about the profiles on there?

Also, I didn't know you were a teacher.
    Does S and N seem tricky because of my forum behavior or because of my list? Or both?

The only thing I really remember about ptgatsby, off of the top of my head, is that his tendancy to post long, statistical explanations for everything was tiresome to me. I usually skipped his posts. But the ones that I did read always seemed logical to me, I guess. Maybe I'll go and stalk his profile and read old posts.

I've read the stuff from the links you posted before. But I just read them again and found that while I relate to the Theorizer temperament description more than the Improviser, I equally relate to the INTP and ISTP profiles from the second link.

And yeah, I've taught for two years now as a TA. They rip us off and make us teach independent classes.

i'm just as confused, but i voted INTP anyways: you're very verbose

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Does S and N seem tricky because of my forum behavior or because of my list? Or both?
    Both generally. You could be an IS_P kinda like me, stuck in a JiNi rut (to lead you to think that you're an NP), or you could just be a different INTP. You've just never really seemed to be like the other INTPs on here really, you seem to have much more of an edge.

How do you relate to the ISTP girls on here?

I've read the stuff from the links you posted before. But I just read them again and found that while I relate to the Theorizer temperament description more than the Improviser, I equally relate to the INTP and ISTP profiles from the second link.
    hmm, well it's clear you're definitely Ti dominant then and pretty balanced in S/N.

And yeah, I've taught for two years now as a TA. They rip us off and make us teach independent classes.
    That sucks. =\
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    i'm just as confused, but i voted INTP anyways: you're very verbose
    Haha, thanks for voting! It seems that I can be either very verbose or very succinct, but never really in between.

Both generally. You could be an IS_P kinda like me, stuck in a JiNi rut (to lead you to think that you're an NP), or you could just be a different INTP. You've just never really seemed to be like the other INTPs on here really, you seem to have much more of an edge.
    It's interesting that you say the bolded. The people IRL that I've asked have said nearly the same thing. If you don't mind my asking, what exactly do you mean by "edge?" I can never get anyone that tells me this to give a decent explanation of what they mean.

How do you relate to the ISTP girls on here?
    I'm not really familiar with many of them, but the ones I have encountered seem more carefree and live-and-let-live than I am. I rarely see them in any sort of extended arguments. I, by contrast, enjoy arguments on here, even the trollish ones.

hmm, well it's clear you're definitely Ti dominant then and pretty balanced in S/N.
    That's about the only thing I'm sure of. I guess I'll have to live with the "balanced" answer until life experience makes one or the other type more obvious.

That sucks. =\
    Indeed.

Thanks for the replies, BTW.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's interesting that you say the bolded. The people IRL that I've asked have said nearly the same thing. If you don't mind my asking, what exactly do you mean by "edge?" I can never get anyone that tells me this to give a decent explanation of what they mean.
    You seem to be pretty blunt about the obvious facts (or seemingly obvious) when you're arguing, and it seems like you get enjoyment out of arguing in an Se kind of way (within the current context). Along with being blunt you seem to not be all that carefree, you seem to be a serious person and you like to be taken seriously. You also just don't really seem to have much Ne, I don't see much coming from you. How do you relate to Ni vs Ne?

Also from what I've seen you don't seem to really... I dunno... you just aren't as NTish as the NTs on here, you seem to be apathetic about a lot of NTish things.

Keep in mind it's about 4 am and I'm crashing from having too much caffeine; lol.

What DO you relate to anyway? Who in particular? Any famous people that have been interviewed, etc?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

You seem to be pretty blunt about the obvious facts (or seemingly obvious) when you're arguing, and it seems like you get enjoyment out of arguing in an Se kind of way (within the current context). Along with being blunt you seem to not be all that carefree, you seem to be a serious person and you like to be taken seriously. You also just don't really seem to have much Ne, I don't see much coming from you. How do you relate to Ni vs Ne?
    Yeah, this is all true. I do enjoy arguments for the hell of it, and I've been called overly blunt IRL as well. And you're right, I'm definitely more of a serious person. But I always related more to Ne than to Ni, so I don't know. In fact, I've never related to Ni that much, even when I considered that I might be INTJ.

Also from what I've seen you don't seem to really... I dunno... you just aren't as NTish as the NTs on here, you seem to be apathetic about a lot of NTish things.
    I s'pose.

Keep in mind it's about 4 am and I'm crashing from having too much caffeine; lol.
    Lol, yeah, I'm going to sleep after this post as well.

What DO you relate to anyway? Who in particular? Any famous people that have been interviewed, etc?
    I'd have to think about that and get back to you when I'm next awake. I don't usually relate to most celebrities or television personalities, or anyone I've seen give a public performance of any type. I'll see.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I s'pose.
    YOU SPOSE???? k

godddd I'm tired.

I'd have to think about that and get back to you when I'm next awake. I don't usually relate to most celebrities or television personalities, or anyone I've seen give a public performance of any type. I'll see.
    idk it seems like a lot of people have some popular figure, movie character or whatever that they can relate to. Maybe even a forum member that you relate to?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

- I like to drive to relieve stress, and I drive faster and more aggressively than most people that I know.
    Next.

- I am clumsy and can get lost in thought. It's why I've been in two auto accidents - not paying attention.
    Made me grin.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...