• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm bored...what's my type?

Whachoothink?

• N

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • S

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Both!

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay, here's parte dos of guessing my type.
I've ruled out that I'm obviously a T and a P, and assume I'm an E...but now guess if I'm an S or an N!

Well, I took that little function test thinger, and I tied in both Se and Ne as my dominant functions. Yes I may just be an ExTP, but I'm bored and you probably are too, so why not guess what I'm more of :cheese:.

Reasons why I could be an N:

-I have a lot of 'gut' feelings about things about to happen in the future, which for the most part I'm usually right about.

- I notice patterns in absolutely everything in life, which I guess I apply to reason #1.

- I have a lot of ideas about how I could change things, but I don't just dream about them, I act upon them so they can be done. Plus, I'm a big picture person for the most part, I like to daydream.

Reasons why I could be an S:

- I'm pretty practical, and I like doing things that can be applied to something useful rather than theories.

- I'd also say I'm pretty grounded in reality, and I'm very aware of my surroundings. I'm very artistic, and very OCD when it comes to art.

- I'm very adaptable, and I find myself to be making myself enjoy the 'now' instead of fantasizing of what could be, because I believe that usually leads to disappointment.

Go!

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're both. I'd say ESTP based on the fact that one of the N traits you described sounds like inferior Ni, but that's just a cheap way to assign you a letter. ;) You're a ballanced ExTP; feel proud, it's a great thing to be.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You're both. I'd say ESTP based on the fact that one of the N traits you described sounds like inferior Ni, but that's just a cheap way to assign you a letter. ;) You're a ballanced ExTP; feel proud, it's a great thing to be.

Oh goody! I do like balance, it makes it so much easier to understand where people are coming from logically, for the most part.

But I want debate!! :devil::devil::devil:

KDude

They seem so unalike I don't understand how there could be "hybrids" in this category. :)

I don't know what to tell you though..

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are almost balanced N/S like me... :vader1:

Embrace it, it's a gift. :yes:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They seem so unalike I don't understand how there could be "hybrids" in this category. :)
I disagree. ENTPs and ESTPs seem very alike to me -- much moreso than INTPs and ISTPs, weirdly enough.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I disagree. ENTPs and ESTPs seem very alike to me -- much moreso than INTPs and ISTPs, weirdly enough.

Really? Because functionally one would think that the Es would appear more different from one another than the Is; their dominant functions are different AND extraverted, so their behavior would, theoretically, reflect that difference more readily to the world. The Is, by contrast, have the same introverted dominant function but different auxiliary functions, so their differences would not be as outwardly apparent.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One would think, yeah. In fact, ENFPs and ESFPs are worlds away from each other (ESFPs also tend not to resemble ISFPs at all either; the only type they really resemble is ESTP). ESTPs and ENTPs don't seem to be though.

KDude

I wish it was easy as looking at examples or stereotypes, and just working from there. Like ESTP is more described as the ultimate "doer", very much grounded in the here and now. ENTP is the visionary.

The ENTP scientist is like Michio Kaku or something, trying to find a unifying theory to the universe. The ESTP (maybe J) scientist is Neil Armstrong. Who prioritizes on the opposite end. "One small step for man. One giant leap for mankind."

The ENTP might not even care about helping the world in a direct, immediate action oriented way. They could be Walt Disney, who created an entirely new world to make people happy (compare him with other N's, who have fun creating worlds and possibilities like that.. like Tolkien). The ESTP is more than likely to create fiction still drawn more from experience or realistic characters. In the same way many would bullshit and tell a story at a party.

Meh, I know this isn't helping.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTPs tend to work on a smaller scale than that -- inventors rather than grand architects and visionaries. Michio Kaku is probably INTP.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
ENTPs tend to work on a smaller scale than that -- inventors rather than grand architects and visionaries. Michio Kaku is probably INTP.

Why would that be the case? Or are you just speaking from personal experience?

KDude

I dunno.. I just use Kaku because he grabs my attention quickly in a way extroverts usually can (he just always seems excitable, i guess), and makes some of the more difficult topics in science very entertaining (doesn't happen often with me). Cool guy either way.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why would that be the case?
Because ENTPs lead with Ne, rather than Ti, meaning they're constantly regurgitating ideas and then refining them. INTPs lead with Ti, meaning they refine and perfect their knowledge of a concept first, and then set about changing it. ENTPs can handle large systems the way INTPs do of course, but it seems to me most would lack the patience.

KDude

An ENTP could be very Ti oriented though, right?

This guy (frezned) on youtube is so Ne though it's not even funny. I could see him not exactly sticking with much :laugh:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T0GuglxtXA]/[/youtube]

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Because ENTPs lead with Ne, rather than Ti, meaning they're constantly regurgitating ideas and then refining them. INTPs lead with Ti, meaning they refine and perfect their knowledge of a concept first, and then set about changing it. ENTPs can handle large systems the way INTPs do of course, but it seems to me most would lack the patience.

I'm not seeing how the distinction you've described here has anything to do with the scale of the ideas with which each type works. Are you saying that ENTPs can't concentrate enough to handle big ideas?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sort of, but it's more about preferences. An ENTP would generally prefer to work with many smaller ideas, whereas an INTP would prefer to tackle the task of understanding a single, more complex system and then improving on it.

KDude

These are kind of fluffed up descriptions, but the basic emphasis on "what demands immediate action" vs "generating possibilities" is true enough.

Ne-dom
Words, ideas and possibilities spew effortlessly from them. Words are their best friends. They dance around ideas, the more, the merrier. Imaginative, spontaneous, original and enthusiastic, they have a knack for seeing other possibilities, other dreams and options. The world is never as it is but as it could be, as if it were but an artists sketch begging for colour. They initiate change and often are prone to trespassing a few known boundaries to take themselves and others where no one has been before. The status quo tends to lack inspiration.

When inspired, they are fearless and tireless. Their energy will know no limits unless red tape takes over. Routine drags them down. Their faith in possibilities and belief in the benefit of change often inspire others to follow. They are challenging, ingenious and innovative. They will give their best to what appears to be an impossible challenge, a place unknown to man or beast.

They use metaphors, stories, images and analogies to make their point.They love theories and often shape their own. They see patterns emerging. Keen improvisers, they are rarely caught off guard, there is always something up their sleeve. The sky is the only limit.

They are sometimes entertainers, artists or otherwise engaged in public demonstrations that allow their ideas to bloom. Their greatest difficulty is not in initiating projects but in choosing among so many possibilities, setting realistic boundaries, establishing priorities and correctly assessing resources.

Se-dom
Extraverted sensing types are pragmatic and realistic with a zest for living life to the fullest by way of multiplying experiences. Always on the alert for what needs immediate attention or what might provide a bit of action, excitement or entertainment, they engage quickly with their environment. They seek and enjoy freedom, are good-natured, direct, and tolerant and are often the ones who provide levity.

They have a way with dealing with people on a very equal platform and are not easily star struck. Rank, celebrity and status mean little when they are face to face with another individual.

On the job, they appreciate having the right tools and are quite ingenious at finding ways to fix and repair things with dexterity. They love variety and are curious and adventurous, enjoying the unexpected. Their brand of extraversion is one of deeds rather than words. As long as things are moving along, they are happy. They like to keep things simple and immediate, going with the flow. They are helpful in very concrete ways, providing the correct tools or specific service the person requires. They often have an uncanny ability to respond appropriately in cases of emergencies, often having excellent reflexes. They act without thinking. They also tend to have natural mediating skills.

They are attuned to the environment and the myriad colours, textures, sounds, beauty and the sensuousness of it all. They are quite graceful and agile while moving through their environment. They love having fun and if things are too quiet they may provide the entertainment or distraction. They learn by imitation and are keen observers. They teach through example. Their attention will always go towards whatever provides the keenest impression on their senses.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Se-dom descriptions sounds more ESTP than ESxP. The Ne-dom description is more neutral, but seems to lean towards ENFP.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Reviving this...I'm bored again.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type