12311 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Who thinks I'm a Sensor? Line forms to the right.

I've heard repeatedly from several users that they believe I am SF instead of NF.

My evidence to support this would be:

1) My primary love languages appear to be touch and acts of service rather than words.

2) On the mindframes test, I scored as "sensitivity" which appears to describe an Sensing Feeling personality rather than an iNtuitive Feeler.

3) I have a strong love of atmospheric films, and prefer a great deal of poetic sensory detail in literature which can override my need for analysis.

4) I do seem to be somewhat more in touch with my body than some Ns, and don't feel as much of a divide between myself and sensing feelers in particular.

5) A lot of times I express emotion from a visceral level, like just crying and experiencing grief and letting it all out, then moving on ... or getting angry and getting over it, rather than stewing or dwelling or pondering how I should handle those emotions. I prefer the express it/move on way of living vs. mulling over bad feelings and stretching it out...

6) I have some sort of issue with people denying their more "animal" nature, and in fact love animals sometimes more than people, though that could just be an Fi value and not necessarily a sensor thing?

7) An increasing impatience with formal education, a type of ADD, and resistence against anything too analytically dry and theoretical that doesn't relate directly to people...though that last part could just be NF vs. NT, right?

My evidence against this would be:

1) xSFx people in my life telling me I'm overly analytical or think too much.

2) A particular academic strength in literary analysis and writing which I excelled at while in university classes, and a strong draw toward fiction, although I also often enjoy reading more fact-based biographies, history, and psychology books, and enjoy books/movies based on "real events".

3) While good at things like swimming and dancing, I have really poor hand-eye coordination and could totally get hit in the face with a baseball if I seriously tried to play team sports.

4) Drifting off in daydreams, and spending a lot of time on-line.

5) What if, what if, what if....

6) Fitting the stereotype of an NF in other ways

I cannot help you here! I'll be interested in this thread, though.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I would tend to lean toward the NF side for the following super-scientific reasons:

1) I don't usually know what the heck you're talking about. Not making sense is a strong indicator of N.

2) You tend to sort of exaggerate things, but not in the SP "I'm gonna make this more exciting by dressing it up" way but more in the NF "I can't remember the details so I'm just gonna make stuff up that makes me feel the same" kinda way.

3) I psycho-analyzed your cleavage-baring photos of yourself using patented Jeffster Booboramic technology, and the result came back "Nerftacular Fun" which is abbreviated NF.

I rest my case, and request an extended recess for frolicking at the beach.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    yupp

I think you're an NF, I think the others just are jealous.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

hmmmm I dont think many of the items that you have listed makes you one or the other.

Have you thought about that you might exhibit your tertiary function better than your auxiliary function? We have a thread about it just minded towards INTPs in the NT forum. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-off-istj.htmlAccording to Lenore Thomson you might be exhibiting a loop of some sort. For if you score as ENFPs that would mean you might exhibit traits of an ENTJ which could also be your type if people think you have ESFP traits (if those traits are underdeveloped aswell). So maybe you are just an unhealthy ENTJ. I know its mindbogling. Look at this post I made

Thats Lenore Thomson, another idea of self introspection could be the Myers-Briggs idea.

In this post the listing in the top of the post is Myers-Briggs way of looking at it. Just some background to it, Myers-Briggs gave this situation as a way to understand the idea. A wife takes the test and scores her husband as an ISTJ because that is how she percieves him. But Myers-Briggs then postulates that the husband may exhibit traits of ISTJ (Si Te Fi Ne) but very likely is really an unhealthy ISFJ (Si Fe Ti Ne). So that what the wife sees as Te really is Ti in the tertiary position.

Edit: I think Im too tired to think straight its not ENTJ its ESTJ

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

You are an Insensitor, or maybe even a Senstuitive.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I think you're ENFP judging solely on an argument we had almost a year ago.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I think you are an ENFP..

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    1) My primary love languages appear to be touch and acts of service rather than words.

7) An increasing impatience with formal education, a type of ADD, and resistence against anything too analytically dry and theoretical that doesn't relate directly to people...though that last part could just be NF vs. NT, right?
    These both resonate with me and Intuition is my strongest preference of the four.

I don't know you well enough to type you, but I view sensors as more in-tune with the present. My mind is always trying to grasp a larger picture and thinking two steps ahead, so far ahead that I miss the basic steps sometimes. Details evade me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    You are an Insensitor, or maybe even a Senstuitive.
    Lollerskatez @ "Insensitor"...I love it.