• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who thinks I'm a Sensor? Line forms to the right.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Anamalech has no idea of what he's talking about with typology I'm convinced... I'm surprised he doesn't think you're an INFJ like he seems to think 50% of the population is.

No, BC, I don't just mean Anamalech lots of people seem to think I have Fe, are saying I'm FJ, including people who met me in person, and peacebaby who knows quite a bit about type theory.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh no, I am stubborn. Just ask Mr. Advisory System up there.
Never said you weren't. Just said your motivation against me is that I'm an asshole, rather than that I'm wrong. That makes you very much not an ENTP.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It would be nice if I learned how to do something besides Ne/Te loops that make me look like a deranged ENTP, or Fi/Si loops that make me look like a surprisingly inconsiderate ISFJ.
A) Ne-Te loops make you look like an insane ESTJ rather than an insane ENTP (especially if you throw some Si in there). They're my main mode of operation. ;)

B) Ne-Te loops r00l :banana2:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Never said you weren't. Just said your motivation against me is that I'm an asshole, rather than that I'm wrong. That makes you very much not an ENTP.

I wouldn't go that far. My original motivation toward you in the Paris Hilton thread is that you were wrong, and it has been in other cases. My psyche isn't that black and white.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
A) Ne-Te loops make you look like an insane ESTJ rather than an insane ENTP (especially if you throw some Si in there). They're my main mode of operation. ;)

B) Ne-Te loops r00l :banana2:

I probably do look more like an STJ than an ENTP in reality because of the nature of my arguments. I don't use Ti, and some of the opinions I have look extremely pragmatic, and even somewhat traditional, when I'm not being emotional.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know that if people come here they're going to give me all sorts of explanations according to their own theories and observations, so there's not gonna be one conclusive answer.

Also, I'm starting to feel like the topic has been done to death and there's just never going to BE an answer, and maybe that's because of my own nature of not wanting to pin down myself to a particular type, and maybe that's the real truth when all is said and done.

In my own opinion at this point, I'm either a rather introverted ENFP or an ISFP with high Ni. I don't think that any T type is plausible, nor do I see how either ExFJ type could be possible considering my behavior IRL. Speaking of IRL, even people who have met me seem to think I'm quite difficult to type.

I'm not sure there's any point to me even bumping this thread, but I'll do so to avoid rudely derailing anyone else's threads.

rav3n

So you're saying I'm ISFP with ESFJ shadow when I'm pissed off? Fe/Si/Ne/Ti coming from Fi/Se/Ni/Te ...yeah okay.
I'm no typologist or expert and are throwing out a possibility and observations. Of what I've read, which isn't all your posts, what appears to trigger your anger is a perception of challenges to your values which is taken personally, so the lashing out has a personal and emotional flavour to it. This is very much what I've experienced with ESFJs in real life.

Hope you don't take this as a personal attack because it's not. It's my observations and experiences with you, as an NT stepping back from judgment.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
lol ok I'm not any ExFJ type, but thank you...if you knew me in real life it would be a cold dismissal or a sarcastic reproach not a true "outburst"...in fact sometimes my so-called "outbursts" on here are just me using inflammatory language or exaggerating

I'm not an ExFJ but thanks for your appraisal. I'm pretty sure it's Fi personal values you see being threatened, not Fe.

rav3n

That's why I suggested an ISFP with shadow ESFJ. I also find myself reacting sometimes in shadow fashion, which are the same as INTPs. It appears to happen when relationships get stressed. The interesting thing is when I turtled, the INTP exes reacted in shadow ENTJ fashion.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's why I suggested an ISFP with shadow ESFJ. I also find myself reacting sometimes in shadow fashion, which are the same as INTPs. It appears to happen when relationships get stressed. The interesting thing is when I turtle, the INTP exes reacted in shadow ENTJ fashion.

This is very interesting. Thank you for pointing this out. Don't worry - I'm not offended in the slightest, I'm just pretty sure I'm not extroverted enough or ExxJ interaction type enough in real life to be ExFJ. ISFP with heavier use of Ni may be it...I think some people don't see me as a sensor because perhaps I use so much Ni when I'm alone and writing out ideas/responses.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thinkz ur ENFP. :( Iz alone in that?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ok guys I've made a firm decision this evening that I completely and utterly reject function theory, given the newfound realization that it cannot be based upon temperament, interaction style, observable behavior, or brain scan. I can't get behind anything that proposes to know someone's brain functions without any regard for observable behavior. It was my mistake all along to mix this up, and the gravity of how fucking preposterously absurd and pretentious function theory is only dawned on me in the past two days.

Therefore, the discussion is pretty much closed. From now on I only type myself and others through observable temperament and interaction style.

I probably am ENFP, Domino, just a more borderline I/E one. The only two interaction styles that make sense to me are ExxP and IxxJ, and I definitely have NF temperament.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed with entropie :D

ENFP, marm. You swing Te about more as well as more successfully than I ever could. Not INFP like of ya.

KDude

Ok guys I've made a firm decision this evening that I completely and utterly reject function theory, given the newfound realization that it cannot be based upon temperament, interaction style, observable behavior, or brain scan. I can't get behind anything that proposes to know someone's brain functions without any regard for observable behavior. It was my mistake all along to mix this up, and the gravity of how fucking preposterously absurd and pretentious function theory is only dawned on me in the past two days.

Therefore, the discussion is pretty much closed. From now on I only type myself and others through observable temperament and interaction style.

I probably am ENFP, Domino, just a more borderline I/E one. The only two interaction styles that make sense to me are ExxP and IxxJ, and I definitely have NF temperament.

Well, I hope you're happy back to the old type :)

If we're going by temperment, I probably can't be anything other than an ENFP or INFP either. And if we were to talk about functions, I don't think I "value Se" that much. Peggy Lee's "Is That All There Is?" is playing on loop in my head (actually, it's the PJ Harvey version, but same difference).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, I hope you're happy back to the old type :)

Yeah. I'm ENFP. :solidarity:

If we're going by temperment, I probably can't be anything other than an ENFP or INFP either. And if we were to talk about functions, I don't think I "value Se" that much. Peggy Lee's "Is That All There Is?" is playing on loop in my head (actually, it's the PJ Harvey version, but same difference).

I love the part how she's watching the house burn down and says "is that all there is?"

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Ahhh, now I remember! Thread resurrection commence!

That's why I suggested an ISFP with shadow ESFJ. I also find myself reacting sometimes in shadow fashion, which are the same as INTPs. It appears to happen when relationships get stressed. The interesting thing is when I turtled, the INTP exes reacted in shadow ENTJ fashion.

I could roll with this too ...

At this point though, I would have to meet you IRL to get any closer to being helpful. Perhaps at a meet-up sometime. :)