• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who thinks I'm a Sensor? Line forms to the right.

gromit

likes this
Yeah I was wondering if you would consider ESFJ? I don't really know the difference between S and N necessarily though so I cannot vouch toward one or the other...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah I was wondering if you would consider ESFJ? I don't really know the difference between S and N necessarily though so I cannot vouch toward one or the other...

I actually considered ESFJ about two months ago right before I met everyone at the SoCal meet-up...because I figured if I was a sensor I would have to have Si (ESFJs also have tertiary Ne as opposed to Ni, which could look like Fe/Ne if I was not using my Si as much thereby making me look like a really controlling ENFP), and I occasionally have that wonderful bulldozer quality sometimes that people tend to negatively attribute to ExFJs.

But then no one at the meet-up thought ESFJ. Either that or they feared for their life if they dared suggest as much.

A lot of people seem pretty confident I'm ENFx, at least.

I'm not closed off to any type. I don't have that sort of type prejudice.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, I just watched Silly Sapienne's video, and it's very similar to yours, Marmalade.

I have no idea what your type is!

I give up. :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You know, I did some more thinking about this, and ENFP is called "The Inspirer"...could being an inspirer also just involve giving people a metaphorical swift kick in the ass? I seriously think there's a time and a place for nurturing, but there's also a time when people NEED to hear the ugly truth, or be pushed, or be confronted. I know that Kyuuei on here is also an ENFP, and she is in the military, and apparently part of her personality is also a kind of no nonsense motivation?

It may just be the way I was raised, may have nothing to do with type...am I really an ExFJ or is it just that I do have that much Te? I just have a hard time believing I have Ni and Se vs. Ne and Si. I really identify with Ne and Si as functions, which actually only leaves ENFP or ESFJ. (Ne/Fi/Te/Si or Fe/Si/Ne/Ti)....in either case, I think I would have a strongly developed third function.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, I just watched Silly Sapienne's video, and it's very similar to yours, Marmalade.

I have no idea what your type is!

I give up. :D

Yeah one time someone jokingly said in vent that they were convinced we were the same person lol.

But our posting style on the forum is completely different though.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The very fact that you simply can't figure yourself points at ENFP (or at least NFP)

Period.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i totally got enfp from your video...you don't seem like the esfjs i know.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I thought xNFJ reading your self description on the first page (I got the impression of Fe, Ni, Se and Ti use and not Ne, Fi, Te, Si use of xNFP).

After watching your video, I think you're INFJ (Ni>Fe>Ti>Se) - I'm picking up frequent use of Ni (leftward eyedrift - conceptual worldview) being pushed forward with Fe (emotions being projected rather than used for internal judgement ) with some Ti (rightward eyedrift without emotion - subjective logical analysis).

Have you been talking to Edgar?

onceuponatime

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I thought xNFJ reading your self description on the first page (I got the impression of Fe, Ni, Se and Ti use and not Ne, Fi, Te, Si use of xNFP).

I'm still new to video typing, but after watching your video I think you're INFJ (Ni>Fe>Ti>Se) - I'm picking up frequent use of Ni (leftward eyedrift - conceptual worldview) being pushed forward with Fe (emotions being projected rather than used for internal judgement ) with some Ti (rightward eyedrift without emotion - subjective logical analysis).

You've got to be joking.

Right when you thought it was over, there's more. . .

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm picking up a definite tone of directiveness and pushing forward of worldview in m.s' video which would also suggest J and more specifically IxxJ.

If she were ENFP m.s would be external stimulus (Ne) dominant - so more fidgety, more likely to be scanning and using her environment rather than talking about her internal worldviews (Ni or Si) for such long periods of time, more unstructured and her articulation style wouldn't be as expressive (Te style articulation vs Fe style articulation) - like DanseMacabre (ENFP) from PC:

YouTube - ENFP RAAGH

She's annoying.

I'm not just saying that to be snarky or trollish either. As soon as she picked up the bubble wrap I had to turn it off.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
There are some things that I asked myself, regarding the S or N question and here is what I came up with:

1) My primary love languages appear to be touch and acts of service rather than words.

Whose love language is really different ? Sex is an integral part of every relationship, if not the integral part that enables one to share closeness the most close way possible. I may be wrong on this and its only my bias but how could an affection toward words logically point one into a rather N inclined direction ? Intuition is about perceiving things in an abstract way, where you see the candlelight, the shadows it projects on the walls, the wax that has run over the table and feel the heat its emitting, whilst not seeing the candle at all.

I personally still havent made my mind up about if its just as easy to say sensors just concentrate on the physical things only and thats it, it is within every person a mixture of both perception ways, the tactile and the abstract and the ultimate decision which one primarily would be you can only be derived from the type as a whole; I do not believe its possible to say someone's a 100% sensor or vice versa, that's like saying a massive object has no shadow in the sunlight.

2) On the mindframes test, I scored as "sensitivity" which appears to describe an Sensing Feeling personality rather than an iNtuitive Feeler.

If you assume this, you assume at the same time that all intuitives are prone to insensitivity. I dont think that's how it works. This is what I think, regarding a sensual experience: as a sensor I think its important to you, to see and feel beauty through all your senses. So it will be a somewhat mandatory thing for a sensor that his spouse has huge boobs. Then again, in time he will learn eventually to value more abstract things. Like the way she moves, the way she behaves or the way she whispers dirty things into your ear. The combination of a long list of abstract things then, could be the one thing then that makes you say "I love this person". Of course to say someone who puts weight into appearance is a sensor and someone who does not is an intuitive would be wrong again, due to the mixture of both things in one person. But I wouldnt like it, if my partner was dirty and cultivated a female moustache that's where a strong sensor shines thru with me or thats just what society wanted me to believe ?!

3) I have a strong love of atmospheric films, and prefer a great deal of poetic sensory detail in literature which can override my need for analysis.

Me too, tho nothing can override my need for analysis *cough* :D. But I am totally into cartoons or anime movies, a thing my girlfriend made me receptible too first, so I didnt came along it on my own. But I love it and nevertheless I am still convinced, I am no sensor.

4) I do seem to be somewhat more in touch with my body than some Ns, and don't feel as much of a divide between myself and sensing feelers in particular.

I think that's basically a F thing. All those NF sissies that put half-naked pictures of themselves in their user profiles, I mean really... A T just knows he is beautiful and doesnt need that :D.

5) A lot of times I express emotion from a visceral level, like just crying and experiencing grief and letting it all out, then moving on ... or getting angry and getting over it, rather than stewing or dwelling or pondering how I should handle those emotions. I prefer the express it/move on way of living vs. mulling over bad feelings and stretching it out...

Again I see no connection to why this would make you a sensor or not. Since I am blind to the majority of my emotions, except for being drunk, I'ld like to passm on this question. ( Is "being drunk" an emotion at all btw ? :D )

6) I have some sort of issue with people denying their more "animal" nature, and in fact love animals sometimes more than people, though that could just be an Fi value and not necessarily a sensor thing?

I have an issue with people wanting me to show an animal nature. But I think this is more of a T and F conflict again. The "F masters" as I like to call them, who appear to be completly blind to any form of reasoning, could be S's too, because they aint facilitated thru an abstract way of thinking to see alternatives to their own lifes or to become more wary of consequences to their actions.

Since I was raised 100 % freudian super-ego and only express my animalistic nature if I am enthusiastic about something or punch little kids in the face, I cant really say much about your thesis, but maybe S, maybe not.

7) An increasing impatience with formal education, a type of ADD, and resistence against anything too analytically dry and theoretical that doesn't relate directly to people...though that last part could just be NF vs. NT, right?

The same problem has my girlfriend and I start to experience it with age aswell. If you're going with huge steps towards 30 you're sick of sitting in school. Tho I am still into reading lnegthy text about all sorts of things that interest me and I guess that wont ever change.

My girlfriend got diagnosed ADD too, what isnt easy to get diagnosed with in Germany. Meaning it's not a common diagnosis because most doctors dont know about it or think its bullshit, I dont know. She tho made a test with her counsellor and got diagnosed heavy ADD. She always listens to music on earphones, when she goes out, cause she says that she experiences all phenomena around her simoultaneously and cant filter em properly.

According to this, I have been thinking too if she may be a S. She never got much into mbti, cause she doesnt believe in it, but the one time I after heavy trieing :D made her take the test, she got infp. And according to all sfp type descriptions, I havent seen one that fits her at least 30 %.

So its hard to tell what her type would be.

---------------------

Well thats all I got, I know it doesnt say much, but that's because there is no finite answer in mbti things. If there were one, we wouldnt need all the talking.

Hope I could give you at least some new ideas thru my thoughts :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
There are some things that I asked myself, regarding the S or N question and here is what I came up with:

Whose love language is really different ? Sex is an integral part of every relationship, if not the integral part that enables one to share closeness the most close way possible. I may be wrong on this and its only my bias but how could an affection toward words logically point one into a rather N inclined direction ? Intuition is about perceiving things in an abstract way, where you see the candlelight, the shadows it projects on the walls, the wax that has run over the table and feel the heat its emitting, whilst not seeing the candle at all.

Well because different people do have different love languages. I've seen threads on here where some people are saying that words mean EVERYTHING to them, and while I like nice words, they don't mean everything to me. Also, I think I see things like doing practical things for me as very loving, but have seen TONS of NF women saying that practical displays of love like acts of service and gift giving do very little for them. It just made me wonder if I could be an SF instead.

I personally still havent made my mind up about if its just as easy to say sensors just concentrate on the physical things only and thats it, it is within every person a mixture of both perception ways, the tactile and the abstract and the ultimate decision which one primarily would be you can only be derived from the type as a whole; I do not believe its possible to say someone's a 100% sensor or vice versa, that's like saying a massive object has no shadow in the sunlight.

Yeah, no one is 100% sensor or intuitive....100% sensor would have no real insight or imagination, and 100% intuitive wouldn't be able to walk or drive a car. Both situations would obviously imply disability.

If you assume this, you assume at the same time that all intuitives are prone to insensitivity. I dont think that's how it works. This is what I think, regarding a sensual experience: as a sensor I think its important to you, to see and feel beauty through all your senses. So it will be a somewhat mandatory thing for a sensor that his spouse has huge boobs. Then again, in time he will learn eventually to value more abstract things. Like the way she moves, the way she behaves or the way she whispers dirty things into your ear. The combination of a long list of abstract things then, could be the one thing then that makes you say "I love this person". Of course to say someone who puts weight into appearance is a sensor and someone who does not is an intuitive would be wrong again, due to the mixture of both things in one person. But I wouldnt like it, if my partner was dirty and cultivated a female moustache that's where a strong sensor shines thru with me or thats just what society wanted me to believe ?!

No, if you read the actual descriptions and the trends for the answers people got, it seems like most iNtuitives got insight first ...especially NFs, Ts got logic first a lot, ExFx got socialbility, and sensitivity seemed to be the highest score for SFs, even though some NFs got it as one of their answers further down the line. It was my highest score, and while insight was still high, it was slightly lower than sensitivity. The description for sensitivity sounds completely xSFx.

Me too, tho nothing can override my need for analysis *cough* :D. But I am totally into cartoons or anime movies, a thing my girlfriend made me receptible too first, so I didnt came along it on my own. But I love it and nevertheless I am still convinced, I am no sensor.

I've always loved things which are atmospheric. No one ever had to talk me into it, and many times I'd rather just feel the atmophere or beauty of music, visual art, nature, or architecture.

I think that's basically a F thing. All those NF sissies that put half-naked pictures of themselves in their user profiles, I mean really... A T just knows he is beautiful and doesnt need that :D.

Again I see no connection to why this would make you a sensor or not. Since I am blind to the majority of my emotions, except for being drunk, I'ld like to passm on this question. ( Is "being drunk" an emotion at all btw ? :D )

:laugh:

I have an issue with people wanting me to show an animal nature. But I think this is more of a T and F conflict again. The "F masters" as I like to call them, who appear to be completly blind to any form of reasoning, could be S's too, because they aint facilitated thru an abstract way of thinking to see alternatives to their own lifes or to become more wary of consequences to their actions.

Since I was raised 100 % freudian super-ego and only express my animalistic nature if I am enthusiastic about something or punch little kids in the face, I cant really say much about your thesis, but maybe S, maybe not.

Again, I've noticed a trend with some Ns being very disgusted by their "animal" nature to the point of openly putting people down on the forum for expressing certain traits. Even the ones who aren't disgusted by it talk about not being able to get into their bodies, or that it's exceedingly difficult for them.

The same problem has my girlfriend and I start to experience it with age aswell. If you're going with huge steps towards 30 you're sick of sitting in school. Tho I am still into reading lnegthy text about all sorts of things that interest me and I guess that wont ever change.

My girlfriend got diagnosed ADD too, what isnt easy to get diagnosed with in Germany. Meaning it's not a common diagnosis because most doctors dont know about it or think its bullshit, I dont know. She tho made a test with her counsellor and got diagnosed heavy ADD. She always listens to music on earphones, when she goes out, cause she says that she experiences all phenomena around her simoultaneously and cant filter em properly.

According to this, I have been thinking too if she may be a S. She never got much into mbti, cause she doesnt believe in it, but the one time I after heavy trieing :D made her take the test, she got infp. And according to all sfp type descriptions, I havent seen one that fits her at least 30 %.

So its hard to tell what her type would be.

Well actually, I don't think it's that uncommon for NPs to have some ADD as well.

Well thats all I got, I know it doesnt say much, but that's because there is no finite answer in mbti things. If there were one, we wouldnt need all the talking.

Hope I could give you at least some new ideas thru my thoughts :)

Thanks!!...??:jew:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm picking up a definite tone of directiveness and pushing forward of worldview in m.s' video which would also suggest J and more specifically IxxJ.

If she were ENFP m.s would be external stimulus (Ne) dominant - so more fidgety, more likely to be scanning and using her environment rather than talking about her internal worldviews (Ni or Si) for such long periods of time, more unstructured and her articulation style wouldn't be as expressive (Te style articulation vs Fe style articulation) - like DanseMacabre (ENFP) from PC:

YouTube - ENFP RAAGH

Actually what you're seeing in me is most likely an Fi/Si loop, which is something I have long suspected and am slowly confirming. I think the Si makes me seem J-ish, and if I'm using more Fi I'll come across as more introverted. I guess there's still a remote possibility that I'm an INFP who is borderline extrovert rather than an ENFP who is borderline introvert.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually what you're seeing in me is most likely an Fi/Si loop, which is something I have long suspected and am slowly confirming. I think the Si makes me seem J-ish, and if I'm using more Fi I'll come across as more introverted. I guess there's still a remote possibility that I'm an INFP who is borderline extrovert rather than an ENFP who is borderline introvert.
I don't see too much Si in your posts. I do see a lot of emotional abrasiveness, which could be Fi + Te (Not unlike my own posts when I first started posting in a political board -- I had to learn to tone down my Fi over time), or hurt Fe.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't see too much Si in your posts. I do see a lot of emotional abrasiveness, which could be Fi + Te (Not unlike my own posts when I first started posting in a political board -- I had to learn to tone down my Fi over time), or hurt Fe.

That's funny because HappyPuppy says she sees Si in my posts, and I've had other members say the same thing. Of course, I don't consider you an expert on type, anyway. No offense.

In text I sense a lot of Te and Si, but with some Fi sensitivity. Her thoughts-even when in the moment debating with the entps-are much more composed and structured than mine-I dont sense Ne, at least nothing like me. In the past she has agreed with some aspects of ENFP behavioral patterns-but not all by any means. Also, for some reason some of her interactions wrt to literature seem very NiFe to me. But almost like she lets them sneak out a bit, then hides them again with a Te defensive layer. Or like being able to access NiFe is a learned skill?

In person I was surprised. I noted what Edgar may have noted-a very strong conservative streak. A sense of reserve and decorum that I don't have at all. I even sensed Fe disapproval at one point. I didnt sense any Ne at all, rather more a pleasant external display of politeness-much more like the NiFe women I have encountered-for me this will feel Si-ish. I saw an Fi judgment sneak out, I didnt see any Te at all.

So Marm is complex. If you forced me to guess-I'd guess born an ENFP-a well developed, refined Fi; a strong, structured Te-used to support the Fi, and a very strong Si base for both.

I know what my experience of Si is, as well, and it's pretty unusually strong to be an ENFP. I tend to relate a lot of things back to my personal past experience, to the point of annoying others occasionally. I have excessive loops of nostalgia, and I take a certain comfort in things being predictable or reminding me of my childhood. I definitely think my Ne ultimately takes priority over Si, which is why I believe the only way I could be ExFJ would be to be ESFJ with especially strong Ne and weaker Si. However, I sincerely doubt that because I am just. not. extroverted. enough...especially not to be in an Fe/Ne loop.