• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who thinks I'm a Sensor? Line forms to the right.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I've told you this before Marm. but you strike me as ENFJ

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ that's what I say, but my explanation to marm is long overdue ...

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
ENFJ????

I just don't see it.

Edit:

Hmmmm...but on second thought, I did once think you might be NFJ....

.....and there is some quality about the way you speak, Marm, that doesn't gel with ENFP for me...

...maybe a certain harshness?

....not sure what it is, but maybe it has something to do with "directive" vs "informative".

......hmmmm........

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
You have a decisive and energetic quality about your writing, in your expressions and in your eyes - it's an energy I associate with ENFJ. You don't tolerate fools; although you will argue a point of feeling it's not about being understood so much as it is about being heard and acknowledged and being right. You can act impulsively, but you do it with the energy of precision, rather than simply fleeing. You actually do make a decision too! You moved to Cali, which some could say was impulsively ENFP, but you did it with a swiftness that belies procrastination.

You seek to engage the group, you know how to work a group, you know how to channel a group and you are not afraid to use those skills. You are not afraid of your own body; it is not alien to you and you use it to interact with the world, which to me suggests a good use of Se.

You know what you think is right or wrong and you don't shy away from hitting that head-on. Edit: Fi knows what it thinks is right or wrong, but can tend to shy away from an external expression unless forced.

That's not to say you aren't an ENFP; I just see more Fe in you than you perhaps realize. That being said, though, your Fi is not inaccessible to you and you can slip to the usage of it in stress times, then hurling those ruminations out to the world via Fe.

(Forgive any folk typology.)

These are the vibes I sense and the sentences above are intended to give some shape to them. I hope that helps a little. :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFJ????

I just don't see it.

Edit:

.....and there is some quality about the way you speak, Marm, that doesn't gel with ENFP for me...

....not sure what it is, but maybe it has something to do with "directive" vs "informative".

......hmmmm........
I do think Marm is some sort of EFJ, but ENFPs can very much be harsh and directive -- we are Te-tertiary after all. I am both.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENFJ????

I just don't see it.

Edit:

......hmmmm........

Yes. A certain harshness. I certain directive nature. I was wondering if people in person were just seeing overactive Si...but I was told my Te isn't evident in person at all, despite it's obvious presence in my posts.

So I could be a J. I guess. It's just really hard to believe, at the end of the day, that I don't have Fi.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You have a decisive and energetic quality about your writing, in your expressions and in your eyes - it's an energy I associate with ENFJ. You don't tolerate fools; although you will argue a point of feeling it's not about being understood so much as it is about being heard and acknowledged and being right. You can act impulsively, but you do it with the energy of precision, rather than simply fleeing. You actually do make a decision too! You moved to Cali, which some could say was impulsively ENFP, but you did it with a swiftness that belies procrastination.

You seek to engage the group, you know how to work a group, you know how to channel a group and you are not afraid to use those skills. You are not afraid of your own body; it is not alien to you and you use it to interact with the world, which to me suggests a good use of Se.

Nor do you suffer fools. You know what you think is right or wrong and you don't shy away from hitting that head-on.

That's not to say you aren't an ENFP; I just see more Fe in you than you perhaps realize. That being said, though, your Fi is not inaccessible to you and you can slip to the usage of it in stress times, then hurling those ruminations out to the world via Fe.

(Forgive any folk typology.)

These are the vibes I sense and the sentences above are intended to give some shape to them. I hope that helps a little. :)

This is very helpful. You could be right. Thank you.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ and I could be wrong ... take it with a grain of salt.

No matter what type, I think you are fabulous! :)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I test high Fe ... just sayin' :) Who says you don't engage Fi?

Edit: I added a little bit about Fi there in my post above too.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
You have a decisive and energetic quality about your writing, in your expressions and in your eyes - it's an energy I associate with ENFJ.

Yeah---this is pretty much what I was getting at.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
ENFJ's are some of the people I most admire - so alive with energy and ready to engage the world. Very charismatic. Unforgettable.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I think these videos illustrate the difference in communication styles between ENFJ and ENFP:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vQKBdXk-6s"]ENFJ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1JyXOljBwU"]ENFP[/YOUTUBE]

Though both are energetic and outgoing, there is a HUGE difference in the form the energy takes.

I would describe it as Hard vs Soft, Harsh vs Gentle, etc.

(Yes, the guy says he's a "Moderate E", but I really think that's beside the point.)

And I definitely think Marmalade sounds more like the ENFJ than the ENFP---by a LONG shot.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, and I definitely have the directive communication style...I actually made a thread about it several months ago.

I can be pretty impatient and bossy for an ENFP, but people keep saying it's my Te.

I kind of tend to want to take over in chaos, too, like ... I think I'm the person who should step in and take control. Also, when I did group projects in school I had a tendency to be kind of impromptu group leader and I would always make sure everyone had their part done and volunteered to be the speaker.

I am extremely decisive, also. Once I decide to do something, I do it....and woe to anyone who gets in my way.

Peacebaby is also correct about me wanting to be heard and be right rather than "understood" as well.

I have a nurturing streak too, which I suppose could be associated with Fe, but I've been told that ENFPs do that too???

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Is there a reason you don't want to be ENFJ? If indeed that was accurate?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think these videos illustrate the difference in communication styles between ENFJ and ENFP:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vQKBdXk-6s"]ENFJ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1JyXOljBwU"]ENFP[/YOUTUBE]

Though both are energetic and outgoing, there is a HUGE difference in the form the energy takes.

I would describe it as Hard vs Soft, Harsh vs Gentle, etc.

(Yes, the guy says he's a "Moderate E", but I really think that's beside the point.)

And I definitely think Marmalade sounds more like the ENFJ than the ENFP---by a LONG shot.

Wow that's actually pretty impressive. How long did it take you to find a chick that pretty much talks exactly like me?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is there a reason you don't want to be ENFJ? If indeed that was accurate?

No, I would totally claim ENFJ if it is in fact my real type.

I do express myself a lot like that woman - I hear the same quality in her voice, etc.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always thought of you as an ENFJ who mistyped herself.