• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who thinks I'm a Sensor? Line forms to the right.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. Not me anyway.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nah. :tongue: In seriousness I think some sort of ExFP is right.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Points from the video:

You on the video are all about how mean people suck because they don't think enough about other people, nobody stops to think about other people, da de da about people caring about people, doing stuff is not as important as noticing how other people feel.

Your favorite people are people who are ... CARING (1st thing)... people who can open up and be real ...

"I can get really passionate about issues...
"I sometimes contemplate, like ... how interesting giraffes are."
"I can talk myself in and out of things. ,,, I can be very helpful with people."
"I'm nice and I'm fun and I can be really smart ..." (nice came first)

You don't mind talking in front of people.
You don't like to talk on camera because cameras add weight.
You don't like yourself when you're loud, but you think you are loud.
You have your own style; if you like it, you wear it.

fwiw

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Points from the video:

You on the video are all about how mean people suck because they don't think enough about other people, nobody stops to think about other people, da de da about people caring about people, doing stuff is not as important as noticing how other people feel.

Your favorite people are people who are ... CARING (1st thing)... people who can open up and be real ...

"I can get really passionate about issues...
"I sometimes contemplate, like ... how interesting giraffes are."
"I can talk myself in and out of things. ,,, I can be very helpful with people."
"I'm nice and I'm fun and I can be really smart ..." (nice came first)

You don't mind talking in front of people.
You don't like to talk on camera because cameras add weight.
You don't like yourself when you're loud, but you think you are loud.
You have your own style; if you like it, you wear it.

fwiw

BUT WHAT DOES ALL OF THIS MEAN? F DOM?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, you're all about people who need people, and how people shoud act ...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
BUT WHAT DOES ALL OF THIS MEAN? F DOM?

I actually think it's possible that the most interesting answers are the ones related to what you like/dislike about others - the ones that relate to projection.

Sorry - I know that doesn't directly answer your question.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No.

NFP is clear. I wasn't sure on E/I, since you're not as fluffy as the avg ENFP, but it's usually extroverts who start threads like this, so I'm going with ENFP too.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I actually think it's possible that the most interesting answers are the ones related to what you like/dislike about others - the ones that relate to projection.

Sorry - I know that doesn't directly answer your question.

Well be more direct. Speak up, man.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well be more direct. Speak up, man.

Haha! Never had someone tell me I needed to be more direct. I must be making progress :)

Actually, I'm operating somewhat on gut feelings here. I don't have coherent logic that I can communicate. Let me think about it a little bit and get back to you.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I reckon ENFP, I don't see why not.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You've always seemed enfp enough to me, though your video actually made me think intp for some reason (with a strong Fe). or entp even. for what that's worth lol

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, I listened to that video again. You asked me to be direct and I haven't really done this sort of analysis before, but here goes. The first four functions of ENFP and INFP are:

ENFP - Ne, Fi, Te, Si
INFP - Fi, Ne, Si, Te

First, I'm amazed at the similarities - knowing both types and knowing how different they are. I thought one had Fe in there - which is not right.

You like people who are:
Caring
Intelligent
Fun to be with, can laugh, have a sense of humor
People who open up and are willing to be real

These are things that you are. Definitely "F". No news there. Authenticity/being real sounds like "NF".

You sometimes "contemplate how interesting giraffes are, zebras, etc."

If that's not an "N" answer, I don't know what is. :D The evidence is thin to be sure but there seems like an overall "N" vibe to your video - more specifically "NF". I wish I could be more specific.

What you don't like in others:

People who are unapologetically selfish and stepping on other people to get what they want and don't care who they hurt. People who are mean, thoughtless or rude.

In the same breath, you talked about having "certain buttons that can be pushed." These are probably things that are in your shadow - likely inferior and/or tertiary. They are things that you can be, at times, but don't have full consciousness of or don't like to admit. You did say you can be that way sometimes and/or attributed it to how we are pressured by life to be. My first reaction to the things you list here is that they sound like "bad Te" to me. Looking at the shadow for two types:

ENFP - Te tertiary, Si Inferior
INFP - Si tertiary, Te inferior

So far, one of those two types seems to fit. If I had to make a guess, I would think that things in the Inferior would bother us more, so based on this, my vote is INFP.

Other points:

Can be uptight and passionate about issues - are INFPs more uptight than ENFPs? maybe
Can talk way in and out of things - sounds like ENFP
Very creative and imaginative, love art - could be either but more INFP
If you need someone to defend you, you are the one to do it, rally others behind a cause - the passion to defend another sounds like INFP though the skill/ability to defend sounds like ENFP
Can get hyper and talk too much - sounds more ENFP
Not into fashion; have own look - sounds more INFP

So, based on logic, I guess I'm leaning towards what you said: INFP with borderline I/E.

I can also see how this would be hard to figure out :)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I saw your video in that videotyping thread, and you didn't strike me as ESFP. And I know about three or four of them IRL.

KDude

Yeah, I just hung out with two ESFPs actually

And an ESFJ

You're neither :tongue:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just saw your video (or a fraction of it, the rest wouldn't load for some reason). I'm gonna have to revise my previous statement -- yes, you are Fe-dominant. ENFJ, or ESFJ. (I'd say likely the latter -- you show Ne rather than Ni).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ok, I listened to that video again. You asked me to be direct and I haven't really done this sort of analysis before, but here goes. The first four functions of ENFP and INFP are:

ENFP - Ne, Fi, Te, Si
INFP - Fi, Ne, Si, Te

First, I'm amazed at the similarities - knowing both types and knowing how different they are. I thought one had Fe in there - which is not right.

You like people who are:
Caring
Intelligent
Fun to be with, can laugh, have a sense of humor
People who open up and are willing to be real

These are things that you are. Definitely "F". No news there. Authenticity/being real sounds like "NF".

You sometimes "contemplate how interesting giraffes are, zebras, etc."

If that's not an "N" answer, I don't know what is. :D The evidence is thin to be sure but there seems like an overall "N" vibe to your video - more specifically "NF". I wish I could be more specific.

What you don't like in others:

People who are unapologetically selfish and stepping on other people to get what they want and don't care who they hurt. People who are mean, thoughtless or rude.

In the same breath, you talked about having "certain buttons that can be pushed." These are probably things that are in your shadow - likely inferior and/or tertiary. They are things that you can be, at times, but don't have full consciousness of or don't like to admit. You did say you can be that way sometimes and/or attributed it to how we are pressured by life to be. My first reaction to the things you list here is that they sound like "bad Te" to me. Looking at the shadow for two types:

ENFP - Te tertiary, Si Inferior
INFP - Si tertiary, Te inferior

So far, one of those two types seems to fit. If I had to make a guess, I would think that things in the Inferior would bother us more, so based on this, my vote is INFP.

Other points:

Can be uptight and passionate about issues - are INFPs more uptight than ENFPs? maybe
Can talk way in and out of things - sounds like ENFP
Very creative and imaginative, love art - could be either but more INFP
If you need someone to defend you, you are the one to do it, rally others behind a cause - the passion to defend another sounds like INFP though the skill/ability to defend sounds like ENFP
Can get hyper and talk too much - sounds more ENFP
Not into fashion; have own look - sounds more INFP

So, based on logic, I guess I'm leaning towards what you said: INFP with borderline I/E.

I can also see how this would be hard to figure out :)

Thanks for the run down...yeah I do seem INFP borderline extrovert for a lot of reasons...and another thing that occured to me is that I developed Si first...I may rely on Te a lot now, but I was much more in touch with Si at a much younger age, then became conscious of emerging Te in my late teens.

Also, Si appears to be a "comfort" function for me, which apparently is indicative of tertiary rather than inferior, which supports your theory that I reject "bad" Te more strongly because it's my inferior.