First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I'm going to interpret this as "I'm secretly an INFP and secretly proud of it, I'm just swayed by recent information into considering other possibilities."
    I actually never doubted ENFP when you had that on your profile. That being said, since the question has come up, you feel like and remind me more of other INFP posters. My thought is that INFPs can definitely like performing and it would be stereotypical to think of ESFP/ISFP performer. You might be closer to the middle on I/E and you do seem like an N to me.

Using a bit of backwards logic, one idea may be to look at "eruptions of the inferior" - or those cases where you over-react, are projecting, and are not like your normal self, and see what description might resonate more. In these cases, you become a bad version of your opposite - so an ENFP would behave like a poor example of an ISTJ. The frequencies of these eruptions might relate to how much stress one is under or forced to operate under their non-preferences.

Introverted Feeling Type (INFP/ISFP) - For an introverted feeling type , projection comes out as a readiness to notice on and comment on mistakes made by other people. Triggers that elicit these eruptions are 1) an atmosphere of negativity and criticism 2) fears of a loss of an important relationship or 3) feeling some perceived personal inadequacy - like not being more prepared for something. When the eruption happens, the introverted feeler can get critical, picky, detailed, irritable, and frustrated. They see incompetence in other people. They can lash out, become blaming and accusatory. This is very much unlike normal introverted feeling type behavior.

Extroverted Intuitive Type (ENFP/ENTP) - Can be sensitive to someone not taking them seriously or can be defensive about ignoring or glossing over facts and details. The triggers of an eruption of the inferior are 1) physical exhaustion and fatigue 2) doing a lot of detailed work and practical matters for an extended period or 3) violation of important values. When the eruptions happens, they withdraw, may become depressed, may have tunnel vision or be obsessive/narrow in their focus. They also might become a bit of a hypocondriac - thinking some physical symptoms might represent some serious illness. Again, these things are very uncharacteristic of how an ENFP/ENTP normally behaves.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

One other thought is if you are willing to pay the cost ($80), the Step II is the best MBTI assessment I've found. This is an example of a report.

https://www.cpp.com/pdfs/smp267149.pdf

When I originally got into this and figured out my type, I concluded INTJ but that there were some SP tendencies. The Step 2 helped to clarify that I was "pressure prompted" and "enthusiastic" which were counter preference for INTJ.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

That's a pretty looking report

But yeah, too much cash.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Sexual ESFP 4w3 are passionate, competitive and assertive. They are very intense volatile, sensitive and dramatic and want to live life to the fullest. Also, ESFP 4w3 are w3, and so are achiever. The achiever side is manifested with ESFP 4w3 by an higher need than with others 4 to have sort term task or objectives who are maningfull and wher they can express their high energy.
    This is interesting info. Thanks!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Do you really relish in it, or just find things hard to overlook and fight, despite discomfort?
    I really like when there's a little chaos. Not enough to damage anyone or anything, but yeah I get bored otherwise.

A lot of what I say on this forum is me poking fun, being silly, or pushing buttons...a lot of people think I'm angry when I'm not, though occasionally I will get pissed and defensive in the middle of an especially nasty argument, then I need a break from it because I'm an ExFP, not an ExTP...

how many ESFPs would really spend so much time on typology forum?
    i know this is prejudice but are here more than 2 ESFPs? and even those dont post so much!

N. big N.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    how many ESFPs would really spend so much time on typology forum?
    i know this is prejudice but are here more than 2 ESFPs? and even those dont post so much!

N. big N.
    Whatever is ESTP and has one of the highest post counts on the forum.

But thanks for your input...I doubt I'm a "big N" but I very well may be an N.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

1) xSFx people in my life telling me I'm overly analytical or think too much.
    Who primarily says this? For example, did your classmates/professors in literature courses say this?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Who primarily says this? For example, did your classmates/professors in literature courses say this?
    No my mom, my ex, others...

I doubt most NT professors would tell me I was "thinking too much" :rolli:

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I've heard repeatedly from several users that they believe I am SF instead of NF.

My evidence to support this would be:

1) My primary love languages appear to be touch and acts of service rather than words.

2) On the mindframes test, I scored as "sensitivity" which appears to describe an Sensing Feeling personality rather than an iNtuitive Feeler.

3) I have a strong love of atmospheric films, and prefer a great deal of poetic sensory detail in literature which can override my need for analysis.

4) I do seem to be somewhat more in touch with my body than some Ns, and don't feel as much of a divide between myself and sensing feelers in particular.

5) A lot of times I express emotion from a visceral level, like just crying and experiencing grief and letting it all out, then moving on ... or getting angry and getting over it, rather than stewing or dwelling or pondering how I should handle those emotions. I prefer the express it/move on way of living vs. mulling over bad feelings and stretching it out...

6) I have some sort of issue with people denying their more "animal" nature, and in fact love animals sometimes more than people, though that could just be an Fi value and not necessarily a sensor thing?

7) An increasing impatience with formal education, a type of ADD, and resistence against anything too analytically dry and theoretical that doesn't relate directly to people...though that last part could just be NF vs. NT, right?

My evidence against this would be:

1) xSFx people in my life telling me I'm overly analytical or think too much.

2) A particular academic strength in literary analysis and writing which I excelled at while in university classes, and a strong draw toward fiction, although I also often enjoy reading more fact-based biographies, history, and psychology books, and enjoy books/movies based on "real events".

3) While good at things like swimming and dancing, I have really poor hand-eye coordination and could totally get hit in the face with a baseball if I seriously tried to play team sports.

4) Drifting off in daydreams, and spending a lot of time on-line.

5) What if, what if, what if....

6) Fitting the stereotype of an NF in other ways
    I don't know how much help I can be to you.. but I did bold the parts that apply to me, or that I relate to as well. Hope this helps.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge