User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I have no problem doing public speaking, but I don't like to be "on" every day. That would be hellish. Also, I think I am more depleted and want to hide when I'm stressed, which seems more like an Introvert trait.

I looked through my old journal entries at OrangeAppled's suggestion and answered these questions in my last post, sort of.
    Strangely reading that particular passage I thought of ENFJ. Timeless made a visual representation of personalities somewhere and when I looked at them I saw patterns and could tell who didn't seem energetically like their personality. Come to think of it you do have that mischievous twinkle I saw when I worked with an ENFJ girl once. Although statistically I would have to know more than one person to know. And yet you do have that awesome ENFP quality about you.

Besides OrangeAppled has a point about about thoughts and interactions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Well I definitely see FP when I look at all of my old journal entries - an insistence that life is a series of images, feelings, perceptions...essentially moments of consciousness and doesn't have a particular goal, and that art should reflect that. Also an insistence that art or writing should be "gritty and real" rather than socially acceptable or prettied up. Lots of focus on fantasy, though, and acknowledgment of my own idealistic nature. Statements like "my imagination controls me, I don't control it." This may suggest NFP, as well as observing a perspective shifting within my own entries surrounding my own opinions - like I would state a strong philosophical or social opinion, but then turn around and view it from a different angle and marvel at the paradox within the same paragraph...but isn't that Ni, not Ne? Lots of self-reflection, trying to figure myself out (Fi). But details of sensory experience in writing could be Si, not Se. Lots of emphasis on metaphor as well as sensory description. The statement "sometimes memory is the best fantasy" sounds like Ne, Fi, and Si, probably.

I see a jumping from idea to idea, making random connections, within the same journal entry too. Repeatedly. Probably Ne. What if this, what if that.

Definitely NFP, I'd say. Don't know that I see ENFP or INFP, though, honestly.
    I hear a lot of "should be" and "could be". Make of that what you will....I'm coming from my own bias.

How's your understanding of cognitive theory? What have you read?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I hear a lot of "should be" and "could be". Make of that what you will....I'm coming from my own bias.

Should be and could be? I'm basing this upon pages and pages of journal entries that I didn't post here, not that one little anecdote that I found it amusing to share and not too personal to be revealing.

As for my understanding of cognitive theory, it's mediocre I'm sure.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Strangely reading that particular passage I thought of ENFJ. Timeless made a visual representation of personalities somewhere and when I looked at them I saw patterns and could tell who didn't seem energetically like their personality. Come to think of it you do have that mischievous twinkle I saw when I worked with an ENFJ girl once. Although statistically I would have to know more than one person to know. And yet you do have that awesome ENFP quality about you.

Besides OrangeAppled has a point about about thoughts and interactions.
    Maybe I AM INFJ after all, because I ain't no fucking ENFJ. My best friend from high school and my ENFJ sister make me look a like a mute, a curmudgeon, a loner, and a hermit in comparison to their constant socializing and effortless management of other people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm taking a full week off from the forum.

This is ridiculous.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I'm taking a full week off from the forum.

This is ridiculous.
    Um yeah I started talking crap. Stay as you are please. hahah its like this thread has turned into a horror film. Itches need exploring, you've itched your knee, now off with you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I was also going to say that while I was going through phases in my development I'll call it, my health was shonky. And were I to read my own passages from blogging once awhile ago they would read like SJ/NJ. And I always thought that maybe I could be INFJ because of the level of detail and listings and analysis I wrote that was unlike me prior to this and pre those days of long ago. Ah yeah apologies for the confusion there I was in a confused mood and that was naughty of me to have tried to explore this some more. And confuse you more. So take much of everything with a grain of salt and instead of trying to understand you, meditate.

And find the source of your intuition and what feels right, rather than exploring with your minds intuition determine what it would be like to think with the hearts intuition. I think a lot of people self doubt while thinking from the mind and miss what the heart is saying in an intuitive way. Like some native amaricans would say to the westerners why worry, when you analyse with your heart worries go away and your intuiting in the present. When you analyse with your mind your self doubting and confused of what your saying and the confusion could become endless and when you analysing with heart intuition I think the mind becomes more present and understands in a way unlike when the heart and mind are in conflict of each other.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No need to apologize Synapse it wasn't you lol. I just meant it was ridiculous for me to question my type so much. It was also good for me to stay away from the forum for a few days!

I did think about something, though. I remember as a twenty/twenty-one year old actually being a bit of a social orchestrater and being far more social than I am now, and actually taking an interest in pushing other people socially or even "helping" my friend get rid of a guy she didn't like anymore by hanging out with him platonically to distract him.

Then again, I also remember being 22 and saying "I hate my friends" (not my real friends, but the people I went to parties with) and suddenly avoiding most of them.

I am very affected by "emotional atmosphere" as well but that may just be an F thing.

In any event, I seem to do things which probably would be indicative of extroversion OR Fe, even though I'm not very social now that I'm older, I suppose. I've been told that being social has nothing to do with extroversion anyway, but I do really need one-on-one contact with people, it's not as though I ever want to be COMPLETELY isolated for very long.

Take this forum, for example, it seems at times I primarily use it to socialize.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think if we look at functions I was more frightened or bored of a T function than an S function as a younger person (thus probably making either Te or Ti as my inferior, even though I have better use of it now than I'm older...I think it's a good idea to keep in mind that I'm old enough probably to be in touch with my inferior, more than I was as a teen or very young adult.)

One of the reasons why function theory is so annoying to me is because the same mindset could be explained away by different combinations of functions.

I do think I have more Si than Se, for whatever it's worth.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

I also want to re-address this after a few days distance. Are you simply suggesting more Fi than Ne? I just want to clarify.