User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    1) xSFx people in my life telling me I'm overly analytical or think too much.
    Some do that if they're used to something others aren't just yet.

That, or they're the kind that are very, very, very Se oriented and wouldn't know the difference between what is too much or too little analyzing, and just say that as a defensive mechanism (to put it nicely...).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

It sounds like you've narrowed it down to either ENFP or ESFP.

There are lots of ways you could go about this.

Cognitive functions are great and all, but lengthy discussions about them get boring.

OK---I admit, this is TOTALLY UNSCIENTIFIC, but let's try something fun.

Please consider the following celebrities and their personality types (according to Keirsey.com):

Joan Baez - Champion ENFP

Singer-songwriter and political activist, fiery disposition, outspoken about humanitarian issues, sings depressing songs about the oppressed and downtrodden, plain/ordinary dresser, a natural beauty, but fond of unflattering and dowdy looks.

Elizabeth Taylor - Performer ESFP

Actress and political activist, upbeat and pleasant disposition, outspoken against racism, animal abuse and homophobia, snappy/sexy dresser, fond of glitz and glamour and bearing her large breasts

Joseph Campell - Champion ENFP

Writer/Lecturer/Mythologist, fiery disposition, promotes cross-cultural understanding through comparitive studies of world religions, myths, and archetypes. Plain/ordinary dresser. Fond of speaking about every little thought that enters his brain as though it's a profound revelation (which it occasionally is).

Elvis Presley - Performer ESFP

Singer/Actor, upbeat and pleasant disposition, sings silly pop songs and the occasional gospel or topical song about the Ghetto, stars in throw-away beach movies, wears diamond-encrusted white robes and aviator shades with giant, flowing capes and a bouffant hairstyle, fond of gyrating his hips on stage.

So.....

As you can see, there are some remarkable similarities, but also some MAJOR differences.

Which do you relate to more, the Champion ENFP or the Performer ESFP?

(Be quiet Jeffster--she only bore her breasts for a brief period of time! That does not indicate a consistent preference for breast-bearing)

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

From what you've said, I think you're more likely an ENFP than an ESFP. It's not like iNtuitives aren't completely out of touch with the physical world.. in my opinion.. the world would be pretty damn boring if we didn't have that ability.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

Glycerine

Definite N. I don't see S at all. You seem to linger onto things longer (like in arguments) because of "implications". SPs, I've noticed usually just seem to let things roll off their backs without worrying about what potentially is being "implied" unless it's a major insult. NFs, not so much. They tend to read into things a lot. I think you fit more into the latter group. I am speaking of healthy individuals.

Joan Baez is so damn cool.

Almost as cool as Dylan (actually they're very similar.. what is up with that. Keep getting reminded of ISFP/ENFP similarities lately).

Anyways, yeah, I don't see much S either in my (uneducated) opinion. It's all good though

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I've heard repeatedly from several users that they believe I am SF instead of NF.

My evidence to support this would be:

1) My primary love languages appear to be touch and acts of service rather than words.

2) On the mindframes test, I scored as "sensitivity" which appears to describe an Sensing Feeling personality rather than an iNtuitive Feeler.

3) I have a strong love of atmospheric films, and prefer a great deal of poetic sensory detail in literature which can override my need for analysis.

4) I do seem to be somewhat more in touch with my body than some Ns, and don't feel as much of a divide between myself and sensing feelers in particular.

5) A lot of times I express emotion from a visceral level, like just crying and experiencing grief and letting it all out, then moving on ... or getting angry and getting over it, rather than stewing or dwelling or pondering how I should handle those emotions. I prefer the express it/move on way of living vs. mulling over bad feelings and stretching it out...

6) I have some sort of issue with people denying their more "animal" nature, and in fact love animals sometimes more than people, though that could just be an Fi value and not necessarily a sensor thing?

7) An increasing impatience with formal education, a type of ADD, and resistence against anything too analytically dry and theoretical that doesn't relate directly to people...though that last part could just be NF vs. NT, right?

My evidence against this would be:

1) xSFx people in my life telling me I'm overly analytical or think too much.

2) A particular academic strength in literary analysis and writing which I excelled at while in university classes, and a strong draw toward fiction, although I also often enjoy reading more fact-based biographies, history, and psychology books, and enjoy books/movies based on "real events".

3) While good at things like swimming and dancing, I have really poor hand-eye coordination and could totally get hit in the face with a baseball if I seriously tried to play team sports.

4) Drifting off in daydreams, and spending a lot of time on-line.

5) What if, what if, what if....

6) Fitting the stereotype of an NF in other ways
    Maybe you're close on the borderline between N/S as well as being close to the borderline between E/I and that's what makes it hard to tell. I have wondered if you might be dominant Fi (INFP or ISFP). I'm not sure why.

Acts of service seems to be an Fe/Si sort of thing so that might be one data point. I don't know if if touch means much related to type. I initiated a tread on this a while back and looked at the results. It seemed harder than I thought it would be to link type to the love languages.

You do seem more analytical than typical SF I think, so that seems like a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    Have you thought about that you might exhibit your tertiary function better than your auxiliary function?
    This I have occasionally wondered about. Possibly. Maybe.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Definite N. I don't see S at all. You seem to linger onto things longer (like in arguments) because of "implications". SPs, I've noticed usually just seem to let things roll off their backs without worrying about what potentially is being "implied" unless it's a major insult. NFs, not so much. They tend to read into things a lot. I am speaking of healthy individuals. I think you fit more into the latter group.
    I think these are really good points.

So, my guess is INFP. Have you ever thought about that?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Maybe you're close on the borderline between N/S as well as being close to the borderline between E/I and that's what makes it hard to tell. I have wondered if you might be dominant Fi (INFP or ISFP). I'm not sure why.
    My type for a long time on this site was INFP, though I do not relate to the passive, withdrawn nature of many INFP, and I seem to relish in stirring things up a bit more like an ExFP, and have more of a bent for both initiating relationships and performing I think than an introvert.

However, aside from this assertion of my personality, I actually require a lot of down time and solitude, which seems introverted. I thought I was an introvert from the time I first discovered MBTI at 17 until a little less than a year ago....a span of over ten years.

I should probably just list my type as xxFP. Heh.

Acts of service seems to be an Fe/Si sort of thing so that might be one data point. I don't know if if touch means much related to type. I initiated a tread on this a while back and looked at the results. It seemed harder than I thought it would be to link type to the love languages.
    I think I have a lot of development of Si for an NFP which may explain any S flavor I have, rather than Se...?

You do seem more analytical than typical SF I think, so that seems like a good point.

This I have occasionally wondered about. Possibly. Maybe.

If I were asserting my third function, I'd actually be an ISTJ (Fi)...which I think is PROFOUNDLY UNLIKELY although people claim to see a bunch of Si/Te in my posts on the forum.

I test like 70% F. I'm so F it's both amazing and ridiculous. Provoker once called me "the quintessential F."

Do you really relish in it, or just find things hard to overlook and fight, despite discomfort?

I find myself in the second category. I don't really bother with much here, but offline I may. That said, stirring up shit is always a pain in the ass for me.. but I have to speak up sometimes.

Relishing would be something I see from E or T's (not ET though. He was pretty passive )

Banned
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

ENFP

Now. . .