• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP or ISFP

Hermes

MBTI Type
eNFP
Hey guys! slightly new to the forum but not too new to MBTI.
So I'll start off with the things I know-
Type 9 enneagram
FP
Not much huh.
I have been through a lot of hardship in my earlier life and I'm trying to re-construct who I am/who I want to be. I took a couple cognitive functions test and my Ne, Se, and Fi are all relatively the same.

I'm a musician-In a gigging band with four other people, and pursuing a degree in Physical Therapy. School is not difficult for me and I don't study as much as other people with lower grades, but I would never call myself rational. I tend to see problems and solutions and paths that aren't obvious to many people.
Quite spontaneous. :bananallama:
I love sports and physical athleticism in general. My hobbies include a variety of musical instruments and team sports.

Both descriptions from the flaky sites that describe ENFP and ISFP seem to fit me equally well. I sympathize and connect with fictional characters who seem to fall under either category stronger than other types. Could you guys give me a couple discernible differences between the types or usual attitudes that aren't stereotypical? I know ISFP's are artists and ENFP are charismatic but perhaps something a bit more enlightening.
:happy2:

KDude

ISFPs aren't necessarily artists (or rather, many types can be). they could just be athletes or something.. but they might talk about it in artistic terms at times.. like getting creative and improvising in how they play or something.

type 9 is kind of common with ISFP.

anyways... E vs I would be the biggest difference imo. probably best to just think about that.

also, that banana emoticon is the sole property of SPs. why did you use it?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ha! e/i is not the easiest to tell!! says the guy that was once typed xsfp!! haha it might be for some that are clearly one or the other but some are not.
was your ne the highest? or really just equal to the others?

Hermes

MBTI Type
eNFP
Banaphone?
what?

My Ne was higher than Fi by nearly nothing and Se was slightly lower than both. That's why I type myself right now as ENFP but sometimes, like right now, I just wonder if thats really me or who I think I am.:wacko:
When I play sports I just like to be in the moment and in motion. I don't try to be creative in sports, I just try to be the best I can, which is usually creative.
:ohmy:
The more I think about it ENFP seems to suit me better but I'd just like to check base and see what you peeps think.

KDude

Well yeah.. in the moment, in motion.. that's very SP-ish actually ( if you're that way in general). Umm.. long story with what I mean about creative though. Probably not important, or necessarily applicable to every sport.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't play sports often...or ever really but when i have...i'm in the moment..playing...how else could you do it?

KDude

oh, i've seen people drift off and get hit in the head with balls, miss the easiest catches, etc. i figured some people can't help but think of other things.

edit: it could really be just a matter of interest. i don't really want to take it too far and apply it all to type. for instance, i don't have much interest in dancing - so i suck at it. while you do.. in that sense, you're better "in the moment" than i am. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're an ISFP.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
do you feel like you are more down to earth

or off on a cloud somewhere?

do you express yourself concretely or abstractly?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh, i've seen people drift off and get hit in the head with balls, miss the easiest catches, etc. i figured some people can't help but think of other things.

edit: it could really be just a matter of interest. i don't really want to take it too far and apply it all to type. for instance, i don't have much interest in dancing - so i suck at it. while you do.. in that sense, you're better "in the moment" than i am. :)

oh..i see...yeah i'm more likely to be clumsy in sports than others probably yeah...haha

Chloe

I dont think sports are good way to type people. I was always very athletic, good in most sports, especially athetics and things like skating, ice-skating, skiing, tennis.. and was very active until 15 or something, whole day moving. But now I dont really like sports and I'm more N-ish towards the whole thing. I can easily see in soon future that I'll regain some of my need for sports. :/

but OP does sound more ISFP

Malkaro

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
If I were you I would also consider ESFP.
Just a suggestion.

KDude

I dont think sports are good way to type people. I was always very athletic, good in most sports, especially athetics and things like skating, ice-skating, skiing, tennis.. and was very active until 15 or something, whole day moving. But now I dont really like sports and I'm more N-ish towards the whole thing. I can easily see in soon future that I'll regain some of my need for sports. :/

but OP does sound more ISFP

I wouldn't say it's the best guideline, but being able to easily get in sync with sports and perform well is very much Se awareness, I think (depends on the demands or pace of the activity too). If someone can handle that, and not get too caught up in ennui or many past/future/contextual thoughts, then it's more likely one can do it elsewhere (socially, at work, etc).

Despite that, it's still up for grabs what people's "preferences" are (i get caught up in things myself sometimes), but it's something to consider.

onceuponatime

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
9w1

Yes this really baffles me.

Hermes

MBTI Type
eNFP
Well this may sound weird, but I observed myself for a day, and I realized how active my Ne is.
I mean, I'm in the moment more than some people-but my thoughts always race to crazy things-that could happen and jump back-to what is in front of me-and if I do this then what will happen-and would I be better to do-this?
I may sound more down to earth on the internet, but thats because I have the backspace key.

And I mean, cereally, what is with this chicken on the emoticons
:chicken:

I think I mistake my physical nature for Se sometimes too.

Also if you notice my posts sound a bit different, I tend to put up a huge wall at first when I meet people that aren't as kind and open(And the interwebs aren't exactly kind) because I tend to be soft hearted.