User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: ENFP or ISFP

MBTI
    eNFP

Default ENFP or ISFP

Hey guys! slightly new to the forum but not too new to MBTI.
    So I'll start off with the things I know-
    Type 9 enneagram
    FP
    Not much huh.
    I have been through a lot of hardship in my earlier life and I'm trying to re-construct who I am/who I want to be. I took a couple cognitive functions test and my Ne, Se, and Fi are all relatively the same.

I'm a musician-In a gigging band with four other people, and pursuing a degree in Physical Therapy. School is not difficult for me and I don't study as much as other people with lower grades, but I would never call myself rational. I tend to see problems and solutions and paths that aren't obvious to many people.
    Quite spontaneous.
    I love sports and physical athleticism in general. My hobbies include a variety of musical instruments and team sports.

Both descriptions from the flaky sites that describe ENFP and ISFP seem to fit me equally well. I sympathize and connect with fictional characters who seem to fall under either category stronger than other types. Could you guys give me a couple discernible differences between the types or usual attitudes that aren't stereotypical? I know ISFP's are artists and ENFP are charismatic but perhaps something a bit more enlightening.

ISFPs aren't necessarily artists (or rather, many types can be). they could just be athletes or something.. but they might talk about it in artistic terms at times.. like getting creative and improvising in how they play or something.

type 9 is kind of common with ISFP.

anyways... E vs I would be the biggest difference imo. probably best to just think about that.

also, that banana emoticon is the sole property of SPs. why did you use it?

Banned
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

ha! e/i is not the easiest to tell!! says the guy that was once typed xsfp!! haha it might be for some that are clearly one or the other but some are not.
    was your ne the highest? or really just equal to the others?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    eNFP

Banaphone?
    what?

My Ne was higher than Fi by nearly nothing and Se was slightly lower than both. That's why I type myself right now as ENFP but sometimes, like right now, I just wonder if thats really me or who I think I am.
    When I play sports I just like to be in the moment and in motion. I don't try to be creative in sports, I just try to be the best I can, which is usually creative.

The more I think about it ENFP seems to suit me better but I'd just like to check base and see what you peeps think.

Well yeah.. in the moment, in motion.. that's very SP-ish actually ( if you're that way in general). Umm.. long story with what I mean about creative though. Probably not important, or necessarily applicable to every sport.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't play sports often...or ever really but when i have...i'm in the moment..playing...how else could you do it?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

oh, i've seen people drift off and get hit in the head with balls, miss the easiest catches, etc. i figured some people can't help but think of other things.

edit: it could really be just a matter of interest. i don't really want to take it too far and apply it all to type. for instance, i don't have much interest in dancing - so i suck at it. while you do.. in that sense, you're better "in the moment" than i am.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You're an ISFP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

do you feel like you are more down to earth

or off on a cloud somewhere?

do you express yourself concretely or abstractly?
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4