User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

It doesn´t get any better. I followed Williams K´s wise recommendation and did the keys2cognition test for cognitive functions... and came out ENTP (but I consider myself a definitive introvert!). The reason was that Ne came out even before Ti with the preference list as follows:
    Ne 43,9
    Ti 40,9
    Fi 30,6
    Fe 29,6
    Te 26,5
    Ni 24,5
    Se 23,6
    Si 20,6

So what does that tell me?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

And another one: Worldpersonality says:

... this looks a bit extreme to me, but there seems to be a trend.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

There is nothing wrong with being an INXP!!! You do have a balanced T/F dichotomy.

Type is not a black and white issue. There are shades of grey or degrees of preference. In this instance you show a slight preference for T over F. I show a similar slight preference for I over E but can manifest as either dependent on the circumstances and what naturally comes into play at the time. I am very comfortable with this and so should you be too This is who you essentially are! Lucky you
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    It doesn´t get any better. I followed Williams K´s wise recommendation and did the keys2cognition test for cognitive functions... and came out ENTP (but I consider myself a definitive introvert!). The reason was that Ne came out even before Ti with the preference list as follows:
    Ne 43,9
    Ti 40,9
    Fi 30,6
    Fe 29,6
    Te 26,5
    Ni 24,5
    Se 23,6
    Si 20,6

So what does that tell me?
    I wouldn't worry too much about the order of the first 2. You're the best judge of whether you're an introvert or extravert, and you seem to be very sure that you're an I, so I'd say go with INTP
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

If you've familiarized yourself with the functions, then I'd go with what you relate to the most. If Ti hits home more than Fi, then you're probably Ti. No one here will be able to type you better than yourself. If you're still stumped, just keep reading....I recommend reading Jung's Psychological Types for the original function descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Usually people confused like this are INFP.
    Propaganda :rolli:
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    No one here will be able to type you better than yourself.
    I can. Just show me a video of yourself.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Or...check your weaknesses:

Which are you more sensitive to?

Te:Contingency planning, scheduling, and quantifying utilize the process of extraverted Thinking. Extraverted Thinking helps us organize our environment and ideas through charts, tables, graphs, flow charts, outlines, and so on. At its most sophisticated, this process is about organizing and monitoring people and things to work efficiently and productively. Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone’s ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else’s thought process. In written or verbal communication, extraverted Thinking helps us easily follow someone else’s logic, sequence, or organization. It also helps us notice when something is missing, like when someone says he or she is going to talk about four topics and talks about only three. In general, it allows us to compartmentalize many aspects of our lives so we can do what is necessary to accomplish our objectives.

or

Fe:The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. The “social graces,” such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling. Keeping in touch, laughing at jokes when others laugh, and trying to get people to act kindly to each other also involve extraverted Feeling. Using this process, we respond according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others. We may ask people what they want or need or self-disclose to prompt them to talk more about themselves. This often sparks conversation and lets us know more about them so we can better adjust our behavior to them. Often with this process, we feel pulled to be responsible and take care of others’ feelings, sometimes to the point of not separating our feelings from theirs. We may recognize and adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.

?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Hmm, that´s a difficult question.

Te is what I use when I am under pressure (some friends call that my uber-Prussian alter ego that goes: "okay, what are your plans? Let´s get some damn structure in this. Let´s get going. You, yes, you, I am talking to you, let coordinate this mess here!" I´m told that that´s my Mr Hyde identity, he only comes out to play when I can physically sense my stress level getting through the roof. I admire people who are good at it, but I become a caricature of it every once in a blue moon.

Fe is something I had a big incentive to develope early on, since being aware of other people´s needs and putting their whishes before mine was how I could get some attention around the house (I was told as a kid: "don´t you start thinking you´re smarter than others. A persons value is not determinded by how smart they are or what they own or how they look but by how they treat their fellow human beings"). This lead to a slight obsession with ethics. Etiquette is something I have to do consiously, I´d say it is an acquired skill that usually works out okay, even though I still mess up social conventions once in a while.

I have had a rather low self esteem most of my life (weirdo, doesn´t fit in, never good enough for my own or perceived external expectations) and tried to gain love and acceptance by trying to always be nice, give in to other people´s whishes, appease to avoid conflict (to get the outer worlds acceptance) and be a little Miss Perfect to someday accept myself (not smart enough, not nice enough, not disciplined enough, not pretty enough, not successful enough).
    Needless to say the epic failures that obviously went along with the attempt to do everything right and nothig wrong lead to a lot of frustration. So I am currently working on letting go off the exaggerated value system and the focus on others.

I have always secretely messured my self value by my intellectual capacities and weaknesses (feeling guilty of course, because that is intellectual snobism and unethical, see above) and have a processor that keeps running until smoke comes out of my ears, but that doesn´t mean the output has to be any good. In fact, i am now told to think slower in order to be able to talk slower so that a) people understand me better and b) I have time to detect old thinking patterns and substitute them with something more useful. Whish me luck!
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I think you are INFP but I want to simplify things...

What's the worst thing that someone could say to you?

"You are very dumb!"??

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I think you are INFP but I want to simplify things...

What's the worst thing that someone could say to you?

"You are very dumb!"??
    The worst I can say to myself is "I am dumb", there are wrong answers to exam questions I haven´t forgiven myself till today. The most hurtful thing somebody else could say though is "You are insonsiderate/arrogant". Good point!

I watched some videos of female INFPs and INTPs on youtube - the difference is striking. I can not clearly identify with either. Some (not all) of the INTP ladies seem so secure and the INFPs are way too elfish, girly and emo. I had to look into the mirror to notice that I too do that semi-detached inexpressive look the INTPs have and I am often asked, if I´m bored or if somebody offended me because of it. When I get nervous or insecure, I adopt some of the INFPs mannerisms.

Still not really sure, but I see your point.

Edit: The above list of defects ("not smart enough, not nice enough, not disciplined enough, not pretty enough, not successful enough") happens to be more or less in the right order.
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari