Well, I've been lurking the forum for quite a while and I think that I finally have reached a point where I'm so biased in my perception of myself that I won't get a good answer from looking inward any more lol. Well, I think I'm Ni dominant and I would have to be Se inferior which leaves me with two possible choices, INTJ and INFJ. I've been around both INTJs and INFJs (on their respective forums) and I feel that I fit in and, at the same time, I don't really. I know both types are very rare but even my friends who knows quite a bit about MBTI says he can't really place me (He being an INFJ.) I have to much "F" in his opinion to be an INTJ but I don't seem to have the emotional quality that INFJs tend to have (My writing isn't filled with emotions and in real life, I can be both quite expressive and quite quaint when it comes to my emotions.)
A few things about me:
- I love science, I tend to excel at Biology, Chemistry, and I have a deep seated love for physics (despite knowing nothing about doing it. It just seems so...useful and esoteric! It's quite beautiful in a way, knowing how the universe works)
- I love people. I know people. Even before I had the option of studying psychology in high school, I loved the idea of knowing how people would react and helping them understand themselves and how others perceive them. I have a deep seated interest in people and I'd like to die knowing that I helped out humanity in some way.
- I'm somewhat emotional. I can have very intense nearly paralyzing feelings at times (Though this is not often.) With that being said, I understand that sometimes feelings should not be my focus at times and that I have to swallow my pride and work through it (For example, if I'm feeling sad, that doesn't mean I can stop going to work)
- I'm sensitive towards others, when I plan events, I want everyone to have fun. I've been told I'm a really good listener and that I don't judge people.
- I don't tend to like conflicts but with that being said, I have a really bad tendency to not back down. My best friends tend to call me an "Unemotional, argumentative, asshole"
- I love helping out people and such but I have to focus on myself as well. You can't help anyone if you yourself aren't in the right place to begin with.
- Feelings might not be logical, but they have to be included in any plan that involves anyone else.
And...this might be a bit awkward, but I actually have a list of hobbies that I'm interested in, maybe my hobbies will point you in a particular direction!
Tennis. (I already play tennis, I just want to get better)
Swimming. (Swimming is fun and healthy!)
Photography (I like taking pictures and encapsuling a moment of time in a picture but I can't see myself being a photographer. It would distance me from life to much)
Programming (I use computers frequently, I'd like to be able to write my own programs and such)
Building computers (See programming)
Experimental rocketry (My friend actually got me interested in this, I just think it's a pretty neat thing to do.)
Robotics (See experimental rocketry)
Fencing (I fell in love with this sport the first time I saw it at the olympics. I can't tell you why. It's just interesting to me. It's the only sport that I haven't even played that I'm interested in)
Video gaming (I used to be a big gamer. I was pretty decent too. I tend to like RPGs and such)
Viola (I play a lot of instruments but I finally want to master one (or two) and I think the sound of a stringed instrument is pretty and also, since orchestras require stringed instruments usually and not brass instruments which i play as well, I'd be getting the best of both worlds: Both strings and brass (and woodwind)
Bicycling (I just like biking)
Canoeing (I went conoeing once and I loved it. Seems like a fun thing to do)
Rock climbing (I went rock climbing once and I loved it. The combination of the exertion and the fulfillment you get when you reach the top is like nothing else. It also helps that my body type is built for it. )
Reading (I don't read much actually, outside of the internet)
Story telling (I would like to be able to tell a good story.)
And that's it! So guys....tell me what you think. I'm also willing to answer questions as well. You guys are doing me a big favor! Thanks
(Sidenote: People tend to think I am INTJ, followed by INFJ (closely), followed by INTP, followed by INFP. Just for references sake)