• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

....I'm sorry I have to do this....INTJ or INFJ?

Liesl

I tend to see Fe as a function that is based around the accommodation of other people, and that's something I really don't believe. The only person in life that you HAVE to take care of is yourself and you really can't help anybody if you're always bending over backwards to make them "feel" better. Sometimes tough love is what you need.

also, I know that NF can be interested in anything they turn their mind too.
I guess this could be construed as evidence for Te, but it's still not that clear-cut. The thing is, a lot of INFJs seem kind of distant. They're not the home-maker/hostess types, so they don't necessarily jump out at you as the 'accomodating' type at first, especially the male INFJs. I do think that INFJs take a personal interest in the people within their close social circle over time, though. They like doing thoughtful things and listening to the feelings of the people that are important to them. They get a lot of pleasure out of guiding and supporting.

I knew an INTJ high school teacher who seemed INFJ at first. It turned out he liked the job because it was challenging for him and it enabled him to apply his interest in math. If he was frank, he wouldn't say that impacting the lives of high schoolers was a primary aim for him. It was interesting to observe him.

I just don't know enough about you to know your type.

Last edited:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, no, no, I didn't assume he was a feeler. I just didn't think he sounded like an INTJ. It's possible.
True, this was more general than directed at just you. I'm still not 100% sure one way or another (leaning heavily towards INTJ, but Serge's last post gives me pause), but methinks that way too many people are voting INFJ. The fact he sounds like a Feeler doesn't necessarily make him an F type.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tl;dr.

Eeny, meeny, miny moe...here you go. INFJ. Why? because Fe Ti is more expressive and outwardly adaptable than Te Fi. And on my experience, INFJ can easily look INTJ as compared to INTJ looking INFJ.

And Aleksei is ENTP.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tl;dr.

Eeny, meeny, miny moe...here you go. INFJ. Why? because Fe Ti is more expressive outwardly adaptable than Te Fi.
And why would this be?

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
Bleh. Here's some 'writing' from a blog of mine. Fairly substantial bit of my writing; also it is unedited so grammatical errors are probably numerous.

So....yeah. It's been a while guys, I haven't made a post in this blog for over...2 months. I felt a sudden urge to update this blog and I am also spurred to action because, as certain members of this forum has pointed out, I seem to be fairly reclusive and don't seem to be opening up much here.

Well, as of last friday, I'm done with high school! It wasn't a emotional event like I expected it to be, that's going to be graduation, but I knew I had to hug and say goodbye to most of my friends at school because, sadly, I knew that we probably weren't going to see each other again. My feelings toward leaving high school are kinda mixed, it was a hellish experience for me that I got through and as such, I didn't really gain that many relationships from it (At least not as many as I wanted. I'm still very much a reserved individual) but I also had a great time when I forced myself too and some of my great friends, the individuals who put up with me when I even wouldn't have put up with me, caused me to grow as a person (as all friends should)

I've been treating myself this whole weekend with terrible fast food and also overall being lazy. I feel like I deserve it and it's also a goodbye. Like most summers, I have a plan to completely re-organize my life and plan for the fall. This year, I plan on eating better (Last year I planned on exercising more and I actually went through with that plan, I woke up at six everyday and did a little jog.) I weigh 205 pounds at 6'4 which is an 'ok' weight to be at but I want to lose a bit more. The only time when I lost a significant amount of weight was when I was purposefully watching my carb intake (And that's the only thing I watched, calories were of no significance to me.) and it worked fairly well for me. I have a suspicion that I'm insulin resistant and, luckily, avoided diabetes by forcing myself to lose weight. Seeing as I got quite a bit of muscle, I don't really need to try to bulk up and cut at the same time (Which is very counter-intuitive and most likely not possible)

Another thing I plan on doing this summer is to start playing Viola, guitar, or bass guitar well. I play bass guitar fairly well at the moment but I'm tired of being a sort of jack of all trades. I love music, I truly do, but my idealistic dream of being able to play everything is kind of a short sighted and it's leaving me ever so slightly incompetent on every instrument I play.

I also plan on trying to get more in tune with myself and what I want. I still need to pick a college major. I also want to become more fashionable (I already am, lol, but I need to be more fashionable since I'm heading off to college)

Um. Outside of that? I've been keeping myself entertained by reading Naruto, Full metal alchemist, Death note (Obviously), and various web comics such as Suicide for hire The weather down here is starting to get weird, it's starting to resemble Florida-esque weather. My dad and I went to the air force base and it was raining so hard that we couldn't even see the road in front of us, the tornado sirens were on and the air horn was BLAZING. We returned to sherwood, where we live, and the rain was softly sprinkling all through out town. Weird weather indeed.

And to the individuals it concerns (IE. The people who responded to my "The heart of the matter" thread) I didn't ask the girl out. The day after I decided to ask her out, one of my best friends (and her cousin) talked to me. She simply asked me if I asked her sister, and after I responded with yes, she told me that I shouldn't date her sister because she is abnormally self-centered (Teenagers, in general, are but she seemed to surpass that.) She explained to me a few things that marked her self-centeredness (For example, she asked for money to buy something when she knew for a fact that her very poor grandparents didn't have it) and this slightly paralyzed me in thought for a few moments. Before I knew it, I got caught up in my social circle and my other crush, and school ended.

I think that's it for this blog entry. To the people who actually read this blog, I got a question. I've been having an issue with my best friend, he's a lovable guy (Probably an ENFP) and I've been trying to emulate the positive features he has. He seems to have a way with people (A different way, actually. I'm actually pretty good with people.) He's one of those touchy feely artisy types and I've been trying to emulate that because I thought that, based on both of our interaction with the same group of friends, he seems to be the more preferred individual (Now that I look at that, that's not really true. The prefer him for artistic discussions and they have known him longer). The one thing that I want to learn from him is his over the top ability to flirt. I'm a reserved individual, like I said above, but I know how to flirt in my own way but I suppose I wanted to learn from him since he's rather good at it (I'm not sure if he is actually flirting or is it his touchy feely thing going on. I asked him about it and he contests that he does NOT flirt with anyone but his girlfriend) I see him as way to touchy feely, and I don't want to be completely like him obviously, so I plan on obtaining a more subdued version of what he does.

But that brings upon another issue for me, I don't think that what I'm learning is completely natural for me. I know that people are born with certain traits and deficits and you have to work to improve on your short comings but I don't really know if I should be 'copying' him, especially in the realm of flirting (Which is inherently biological and based in the subconscious) I should be improving upon myself by using the things that I'm good at to mitigate the effects of the things I'm not good at. Or perhaps I'm over thinking it. Another thing I need to work on is making consistent eye contact. I used to intimidate people (Imagine me now but less diplomatic) and, as a way of making it sting less, I somehow obtained the ability to avoid eye contact. I need to unlearn that.

So I think I'm done, for real this time!

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And why would this be?

Good question.

Appearance is generally based on levels of emotion placed on action(because calculation of people's intentions and other characteristics usually rely on their value meter(value control can be seen in emotion(emotion control can be seen on face))) Fe can adapt and "choose to smile" easier than Te. Therefore, Fe Ti > Te Fi on appearance control. Appearance is an "F" thing.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And Aleksei is ENTP.
And why would this be?

Seriously, ENFPs are like 20 times more likely to mistype themselves as ENTPs than vice-versa (I did mistype myself, took me years to realize my mistake). What the fuck?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ based on your blog entry. :D
Did you read through it? Most of it could be Fe, but I fail to see how this...

Another thing I need to work on is making consistent eye contact. I used to intimidate people (Imagine me now but less diplomatic) and, as a way of making it sting less, I somehow obtained the ability to avoid eye contact. I need to unlearn that.
could possibly be.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And why would this be?

Seriously, ENFPs are like 20 times more likely to mistype themselves as ENTPs than vice-versa (I did mistype myself, took me years to realize my mistake). What the fuck?

Like everyone else, I am not familiar with you. But you seem very critical...so I rely my judgment on that. (even though you know yourself better)

Liesl

Like everyone else, I am not familiar with you. But you seem very critical...so I rely my judgment on that. (even though you know yourself better)

I don't know what Aleksai's true type is, but I can be pretty critical and detached too. When the MBTI was first administered to me in high school, I tested as an INTJ. I don't know, I think my function development has been really different from a lot of other ENFPs, so I just 'come off' differently. I have decent use of Te and Si.

Last edited:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Critical =/= T. I'd actually expect to be typed ESTJ before ENTP, most of my posts hare are ultra-abrasive Te spats.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
You still strike me as an INFJ from your blog entry. I'm not sure why you feel as though INTJ is a better fit. You've asked the people of this forum for their opinions based upon your internet persona, and have overwhelmingly been typed as INFJ.

Do you have a preference?

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
You still strike me as an INFJ from your blog entry. I'm not sure why you feel as though INTJ is a better fit. You've asked the people of this forum for their opinions based upon your internet persona, and have overwhelmingly been typed as INFJ.

Do you have a preference?

It's just interesting, I think. I've been typed as a INTJ somewhat unanimously else where, by INFJs no less. Then, on another forum, I was typed as an INFJ, by INTJs no less; I kinda felt that this place was unbiased in a way (and yes, I do cruise a lot of mbti types if that's what you wondering about) The first time I took the MBTI test, I scored INTJ (And I scored INTJ the next few times over the span of a year or two, originally, I thought MBTI was bs and dismissed it nearly immediately) and as such, I joined the INTJ forum. Long story short, I felt like I think in the same way as many of the INTJs but I felt like my preference and what I wanted to be knowledgeable about was people. Thus I equated that to mean that I must be an INFJ. Even with the goal of knowing and understanding people, I seemed very much different than the INFJs. They just, quite frankly, seemed to emotional about everything. I know INFJs are logical thinking feelers and such, but the ones I have been around seem very emotional and such. They also seemed easily affected by movies and other such media that normally can't get an emotion out of me. Also, it seems that social skills and the 'need' to be social is prevalent in all INFJs. I had to work, hard, for my social skills (By observing, digesting, and then finally using the knowledge I had gained) and I also never 'needed' to be social. There are times when I want to and will completely withdraw from everyone in my life (Save friends if they somehow catch me/bother me) and I won't feel the need to connect with anyone. I don't 'need' it in the same fashion as an INFJ would (It appears based on my knowledge of MBTI and the ones I've meet

Preference wise: I don't really ...care? I don't prefer to be either an INFJ or INTJ, I do believe that with that information, I can have another tool to examine me and how I interact with people.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know what Aleksai's true type is, but I can be pretty critical and detached too. When the MBTI was first administered to me in high school, I tested as an INTJ. I don't know, I think my function development has been really different from a lot of other ENFPs, so I just 'come off' differently. I have decent use of Te and Si.

Critical =/= T. I'd actually expect to be typed ESTJ before ENTP, most of my posts hare are ultra-abrasive Te spats.

Critical on logic = T. Ti is more critical than Te.

It's just interesting, I think. I've been typed as a INTJ somewhat unanimously else where, by INFJs no less. Then, on another forum, I was typed as an INFJ, by INTJs no less; I kinda felt that this place was unbiased in a way (and yes, I do cruise a lot of mbti types if that's what you wondering about) The first time I took the MBTI test, I scored INTJ (And I scored INTJ the next few times over the span of a year or two, originally, I thought MBTI was bs and dismissed it nearly immediately) and as such, I joined the INTJ forum. Long story short, I felt like I think in the same way as many of the INTJs but I felt like my preference and what I wanted to be knowledgeable about was people. Thus I equated that to mean that I must be an INFJ. Even with the goal of knowing and understanding people, I seemed very much different than the INFJs. They just, quite frankly, seemed to emotional about everything. I know INFJs are logical thinking feelers and such, but the ones I have been around seem very emotional and such. They also seemed easily affected by movies and other such media that normally can't get an emotion out of me. Also, it seems that social skills and the 'need' to be social is prevalent in all INFJs. I had to work, hard, for my social skills (By observing, digesting, and then finally using the knowledge I had gained) and I also never 'needed' to be social. There are times when I want to and will completely withdraw from everyone in my life (Save friends if they somehow catch me/bother me) and I won't feel the need to connect with anyone. I don't 'need' it in the same fashion as an INFJ would (It appears based on my knowledge of MBTI and the ones I've meet

Preference wise: I don't really ...care? I don't prefer to be either an INFJ or INTJ, I do believe that with that information, I can have another tool to examine me and how I interact with people.

A video can really clear all these things up.

Or a simple understanding for Judgement Functions.

Fe
-Are your expressions usually meant to "connect" or "socialize" with people?

Fi
-Or often simply your true feelings expressed?

Ti
-accuracy

Te
-or "objective" application?

I don't know if this will help but I have always found myself "lingering" around Fe (my Inferior Function). I often smile to make others smile and more than "because I feel like smiling." If someone smiles at me, I have an "urge" to smile. I "wave", "hug", joke, all usually for the sake of controlling social dynamics. Can you relate?

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
YouTube - Video2.wmv

Yep...my video. Sorry the sound isn't good, my mic wasn't picking up well. That video will, also, be deleted soon.

G

Glycerine

INFJ based on video. Strong Fe but it's balanced out by Ni. Fe: social practicality/ efficiency (connecting or disconnecting from others).

Te: Empirical logic and efficiency.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on the title alone, it's unlikely that you're INTJ.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so