User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Results 141 to 150 of 198

  1. #141
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Neither INTJ nor INFJ. Those were possibilities suggested by other people that you're running with to see how they work out.

    INFP.

    Why anyone would want to be INTJ...
    Just quickly revisiting here. The one thing I did see evidence of is Fi in all of the above, so dominant Fi makes sense. Besides, J seems perhaps more decisive.

    The snag is that Serge said he doesn't really identify with Se or Ne. Maybe that should be rethought. In either case, having good understanding of the functions would help.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  2. #142
    Member Serge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Neither INTJ nor INFJ. Those were possibilities suggested by other people that you're running with to see how they work out.

    INFP.




    Why anyone would want to be INTJ...
    INFP?....I can see INFJ, I can see INTJ, I can even slightly see INFP, but I can't really see INFP. With that being said, if anyone thinks that I'm neither of these types, I'd like to know what type you truly think I am. Anyways, what's your reasoning for INFP?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    My attention span only lasted for 2 pages, but you sound like you don't want to be an INFJ. Which, I hate to say, isn't the most T-ish thing. A typologically confused INTJ would simply want to put ALL the facts out there and get the truth. The way you're trying to subtly promote yourself as an INTJ indicates a subjective slant to your self-analysis, which goes against what T's generally do/stand for.

    INFJs rock. INFJs roll. If it's the "badass genius" INTJ stereotype you're after, INFJ is the same thing, except maybe a little broodier.
    This isn't my first exercise in futility nor is this the first time I've seriously thought about my type. I can't put all the facts out there for the simple reasons that I don't know which facts are wholly relevant to my thinking patterns, I've tried to put the most relevant information in this thread without bogging it down with useless and inane details. To me, I have a slant towards INTJ because the functions make more sense to me (I 'know' I make contingency plans and I don't feel the need to care for people and notice the relationships between people and the breaches they may commit. My values are most important to me, foremost. I don't expect others to live by them) and the stereotypes of being an INTJ fits me more, quantity wise and easily, than the INFJ stereotypes in which I kinda have to finagle with.

    Alas, if I wanted to be the "badass genius" then I could've just lied to myself and acted in a manner that would seem like a "badass." A badass doesn't need validation from others, right?
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

    "Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"


  3. #143
    Senior Member Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    You're not either types.

    You're an ENTJ. I AM NOT WRONG ON THIS.

    You have a stubborn streak evidenced in this thread that shows you only value what can be considered an objective evidence of fact. And you have stated it in your video.

    You see Fe as a means to an end. It's something that gets you things in society, not something that is valued for itself. You have developed and use it but you have it made it very clear it is not your preferred or natural way of dealing with and looking at things. ENTJs are often good with Fe like an ENFJ, but are not nearly as versatile and tire from it being a focus, which it is clearly not here.

    There are other reasons, but I'm not going to waste my time if you are going to ignore this anyway.

    You are an ENTJ

    And by ignoring this, you only server to further prove my point.

  4. #144
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    J
    I've been told that I'm warm and sympathetic. I do care about peoples. I want to help people. And I do show my love through actions, not words, if it's my choice. (Some people have a certain love language, y'know?)
    Well, part of the problem is that youngish INTJs don't generally say things like this. Even an older INTJ might be considered compassionate but not exactly warm and sympathetic.

    Rather than look at an overall type descriptions and try and to fit into one of the boxes or look at short but misleading function definitions, I think it is better to get certainty around function attitude preferences and order of priority. That's really what the assessments attempt to do. What were your results of those?

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  5. #145
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    INFP?....I can see INFJ, I can see INTJ, I can even slightly see INFP, but I can't really see INFP. With that being said, if anyone thinks that I'm neither of these types, I'd like to know what type you truly think I am. Anyways, what's your reasoning for INFP?
    My reasoning is you want to see other people's reasoning.

    And there isn't enough accurate matching of image to profile in this whole thread to justify anything. Thus, INFP.


    It's actually a rule of thumb when considering the dichotomies: wherever there is no clear preference, err on the side of INFP.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  6. #146
    Member Serge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Well, part of the problem is that youngish INTJs don't generally say things like this. Even an older INTJ might be considered compassionate but not exactly warm and sympathetic.

    Rather than look at an overall type descriptions and try and to fit into one of the boxes or look at short but misleading function definitions, I think it is better to get certainty around function attitude preferences and order of priority. That's really what the assessments attempt to do. What were your results of those?
    My results of my tests have largely been INTJ but, of course, I've taken a few cognitive function tests so...here they are

    Introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.6)
    Introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************* (37.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************************** (35.3)
    Extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************* (31.2)
    Extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************** (28.6)
    Introverted Thinking (Ti)*************************(25.9)
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************* (21.1)
    introverted Sensing (Si) ***************** (17.3)
    ~~~
    extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************************** (35.6)
    introverted Sensing (Si)
    ************** (14.3)
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne)
    *********************** (23.4)
    introverted Intuiting (Ni)
    ****************************************** (42.7)
    extraverted Thinking (Te)
    **************************** (28.4)
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.3)
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.6)
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34.7)
    ~~~
    Introverted Intuition (Ni) ************************************************** (50.6)
    Introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.3)
    Extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************* (31.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30)
    Introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************** (28.9)
    Extraverted Feeling (Fe)
    ************************ (24.3)
    Extraverted Intuition(Ne) *********************** (23.2)
    Introverted Sensing (Si) ************* (13.8)
    ~~~
    Extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************ (36.4)
    Introverted Sensing (Si)
    ************* (13.2)
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne)
    ************************** (26.6)
    Introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************************ (48.)
    Extraverted Thinking (Te)
    ************************************** (38.6)
    Introverted Thinking (Ti)
    ********************** (22.2)
    Extraverted Feeling (Fe)
    ********************* (21.5)
    Introverted Feeling (Fi)
    *************************************** (39.8)
    Little_Sticks: I'm listening, go on. Aren't ENTJs colder than INTJs, though?
    Kalach: Lol. Interesting. Hmm, though, I thought that INFP would hate the idea of being placed in a box, I thought Fi was all about defining things for the self instead of seeking external things to adhere too.
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

    "Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"


  7. #147
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    From People Types and Tiger Stripes

    Choose a side, any side, but only one side. You will recognise aspects from both sides, but one side should stand out over the other:

    E or I

    E likes action and variety.
    I likes time and quiet to consider things.

    E likes to do mental work by talking to people.
    I likes to do mental work privately before talking.

    E acts quickly, sometimes without much reflection.
    I may be slow to try something without understanding it first.

    E likes to see how other people do a job, and likes to see results.
    I likes to understand the idea of a job, and to work alone or with just a few people.

    E wants to know what other people expect of him or her.
    I wants to set his or her own standards.

    S or N

    S pays most attention to experience as it is.
    N pays attention to the meaning of facts and how they fit together.

    S likes to use eyes and ears and other senses to find out what’s happening.
    N likes to use imagination to come up with new ways to do things, new possibilities.

    S dislikes new problems unless earlier experience shows how to solve them.
    N likes solving new problems and dislikes doing the same thing over and over.

    S enjoys using skills already learned more than learning new ones.
    N likes using new skills more than practicing old ones.

    S is patient with details but impatient when the details get complicated.
    N is impatient with details but doesn’t mind complicated situations.

    T or F

    T likes to decide things using logic.
    F likes to decide things using personal feelings and human values.

    T wants to be treated with justice and fair play.
    F likes praise, and likes to please people, even in small matters.

    T may forget and hurt other people’s feelings without knowing it.
    F is usually very aware of other people’s feelings.

    T gives more attention to ideas or things than to human relationships.
    F can predict how others will feel.

    T can get along with little harmony.
    F values harmony; feels unsettled by arguments and conflicts.

    J or P

    J likes to make a plan, to have things settled and decided ahead.
    P likes to stay flexible and avoid fixed plans.

    J tries to make things come out the way they “ought to be”.
    P deals easily with unplanned and unexpected happenings.

    J likes to finish one project before starting another.
    P likes to start many projects but may have trouble finishing them all.

    J usually has mind made up.
    P is usually looking for new information.

    J may decide things too quickly.
    P may decide things too slowly.

    J wants to be right.
    P wants to miss nothing.

    J lives by standards and schedules that are not easily changed.
    P lives by making changes to deal with problems as they come along.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  8. #148
    Member Serge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    From People Types and Tiger Stripes

    Choose a side, any side, but only one side. You will recognise aspects from both sides, but one side should stand out over the other:

    E or I

    E likes action and variety.
    I likes time and quiet to consider things.

    E likes to do mental work by talking to people.
    I likes to do mental work privately before talking.

    E acts quickly, sometimes without much reflection.
    I may be slow to try something without understanding it first.

    E likes to see how other people do a job, and likes to see results.
    I likes to understand the idea of a job, and to work alone or with just a few people.

    E wants to know what other people expect of him or her.
    I wants to set his or her own standards.

    S or N

    S pays most attention to experience as it is.
    N pays attention to the meaning of facts and how they fit together.

    S likes to use eyes and ears and other senses to find out what’s happening.
    N likes to use imagination to come up with new ways to do things, new possibilities.

    S dislikes new problems unless earlier experience shows how to solve them.
    N likes solving new problems and dislikes doing the same thing over and over.

    S enjoys using skills already learned more than learning new ones.
    N likes using new skills more than practicing old ones.

    S is patient with details but impatient when the details get complicated.
    N is impatient with details but doesn’t mind complicated situations.

    T or F

    T likes to decide things using logic.
    F likes to decide things using personal feelings and human values.

    T wants to be treated with justice and fair play.
    F likes praise, and likes to please people, even in small matters.

    T may forget and hurt other people’s feelings without knowing it.
    F is usually very aware of other people’s feelings.

    T gives more attention to ideas or things than to human relationships.
    F can predict how others will feel.

    T can get along with little harmony.
    F values harmony; feels unsettled by arguments and conflicts.

    J or P

    J likes to make a plan, to have things settled and decided ahead.
    P likes to stay flexible and avoid fixed plans.

    J tries to make things come out the way they “ought to be”.
    P deals easily with unplanned and unexpected happenings.

    J likes to finish one project before starting another.
    P likes to start many projects but may have trouble finishing them all.

    J usually has mind made up.
    P is usually looking for new information.

    J may decide things too quickly.
    P may decide things too slowly.

    J wants to be right.
    P wants to miss nothing.

    J lives by standards and schedules that are not easily changed.
    P lives by making changes to deal with problems as they come along.

    So, INFJ. I'm pretty sure about introvert. Positive about the answers I selected for intuition. I had a hard time picking an answer to the 5th question but then I finally remembered one time when my parents (fairly aggressively, mind you, but no harder than they usually do) and I flipped out. I felt like utter crap and I wanted them to stop fighting, but alas, you can't tell your parents to stop dealing with their grown up problems so the next thing I wanted was out. Fairly positive about J (Kinda surprised I got so many P answers)

    Anyways, I tried to be completely truthful, I thought through all my answers and reasonings
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

    "Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"


  9. #149
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Actually the layout of that bunch of likes statements is a bit misleading. If the BB code were available to make tables, I would have, and "side" would have meant dichotomy side. One doesn't have to agree with every, for example, "P likes" statement to feel that overall P stands out, nor disagree with every "T likes" statement to choose F, and so on. The idea is, which side stands out. Maybe, for example, does just one "N likes" statement seem to sum everything up? And so on like that. The overall gestalt.

    And it's worth working out what one is referring to when one chooses one like statement over another. So, for example:

    J may decide things too quickly.
    P may decide things too slowly.

    J wants to be right.
    P wants to miss nothing.
    How are those two bolded statements to be reconciled. If you decide quickly, you'll miss out whatever the other choice would have offered, so what is it of "nothing" that you don't want to miss? Alternatively, what is it that you decide too quickly? (And, for example, do you say you may decide too quickly precisely because you don't want to miss anything and you think you might if you make any decision... indicating P preference, not J.)

    And so on.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  10. #150
    Member Serge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Actually the layout of that bunch of likes statements is a bit misleading. If the BB code were available to make tables, I would have, and "side" would have meant dichotomy side. One doesn't have to agree with every, for example, "P likes" statement to feel that overall P stands out, nor disagree with every "T likes" statement to choose F, and so on. The idea is, which side stands out. Maybe, for example, does just one "N likes" statement seem to sum everything up? And so on like that. The overall gestalt.

    And it's worth working out what one is referring to when one chooses one like statement over another. So, for example:



    How are those two bolded statements to be reconciled. If you decide quickly, you'll miss out whatever the other choice would have offered, so what is it of "nothing" that you don't want to miss? Alternatively, what is it that you decide too quickly? (And, for example, do you say you may decide too quickly precisely because you don't want to miss anything and you think you might if you make any decision... indicating P preference, not J.)

    And so on.
    J may decide things too quickly
    P wants to miss nothing

    I mostly picked P on the second question for the reason that "Wanting to be right" seems like quite a shallow statement by itself it implies by the P answer that being completely correct isn't as important as looking "right". Maybe I just projected too much on that question, though. I tend to make most of my decisions quickly and I can be a bit stubborn when I'm asked to change my opinion. With that being said, when I make decisions, I tend to think that I have all the relevant information at hand. I'm making the "Right" decision, I'm making the most logical decision based on all the information given.
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

    "Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"


Similar Threads

  1. Memory having to do with entertaining things.
    By prplchknz in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 07:45 PM
  2. [ENFP] ENFPs having to do it all?
    By step0nmi in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 10:25 AM
  3. [MBTItm] I need to do this.
    By Chimerical in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 01:38 PM
  4. [NF] ever asked "do we really have to do anything in this world?"
    By niki in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 07:52 PM
  5. Only guys are stupid enough to do this...
    By sdalek in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 09:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO