First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    I don't believe I'm a Si dom because it's a function I really don't care to use. I don't look to the past and compare to the present. I'm always looking for new experiences and looking towards the future.
    OK - so Si definitely is not in your top two then.

Fi dominant? Well....I picture a Fi dominant person as someone who always knows how they are feeling immediately and they follow their heart more than anything. I try to make the 'logical' choice when it involves my feelings, if that makes sense? It's not out of the question, I suppose.

Fe dominant? Quite frankly, I don't feel like I understand Fe enough to make a decision on this one. Fe in the dominant role tends to want to take care of people to the detriment of the self, sometimes. I ...feel like everyone should be capable of living a full and prosperous life, by themselves. With that being said, I'll help my friends and family, I'll even take care of them. But I would only do this for a select few individuals, my family (and I consider family to be of the people I choose to be close to me, not blood necessarily. Although there is a high correlation.) and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with type. Fe also has expectations about how people should act, I don't really. I know how I should act. If people are rude, that's life, if they cross me, I'll likely ignore them or cuss them out. I don't really 'care' about how people act, they can do what they want, but I am also aware about how people view actions. With that being said, I do care a bit about how people view me.
    Honestly, the more you write, the more it seems you prefer Fi over Fe, which is an important data point.

Ti dominant? I'm just...not that analytical. I've had discussion with many INTPs/ENTPs and my thought patterns just seem...different. I try to focus on the big picture and they'll focus on the details. Together, we're great but when we're arguing with each other, it can tend to drag on a while. The INTP will apply his details to a real world large model and I will apply my top down view with actual concrete details.
    Haha. Understand what you mean there.

Se dominant? I'm not all that dexterous, I love feeling sensations and such, but I don't think I live purely for the moment.

Te dominant: I've seen ENTJs. I just know! lol
    OK

Ne dominant: I can have a very one track mind at times. Once I get an idea something is right, I'll think about other possibilities but I'll likely stick to the one that I 'jumped" too. That's not the behavior of a Ne dominant person.
    That does sound like a preference for something else over Ne (maybe Ni)

Te = Contingency planning/Practical application
    Ti = Detail oriented/Seeking for the most correct answer?
    And now to this.

Te "Focuses on the objective external world by instituting systems of organization and assigning all information to a place within an appropriate system based upon quantifiable comparison. Te wants to evaluate, decide, and complete a task using a system of logical binary judgments" (Hartzler)

Ti "focuses on the subjective world of underlying principles and truths by creating original systems and categories and assigning information to a place within the appropriate framework based on logical analysis; Ti wants to attain internal precision through logical evaluation and decision making" (Hartzler)

Based on that description, you think you prefer Te over Ti?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Thanks for indulging me on this.

Does it look something like this?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...99-post34.html

Is this something that happens all the time? Every day?

Why do you feel this function, amongst all of them, is the most dominant for you?
    I believe so. Especially the changing the theme, context, and viewing things through different lenses. Another Ni thing I do heavily is that I'll see myself HOW I want to be and, as such, change myself in the present to fit my future mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Define "Practical". All things are done out of "practicality", the only differences are "values". Me not doing anything right now is "practical" to me.

Fe is also "practical" application. The difference is that it is more in tune with environmental value than Te. Te relies on Fi.

That definitely sounds Fi. But I'm thinking this can also be Ti? As in, "principles"?
    Practical as in: Most time saved, most resources saved, fulfilling. Emotional state taken care of (I can't do something that'll send me into a state of emotional disarray.) There are lines I won't cross. I like knowing the 1% chance of something happening, but I will definitely rely on the 99% chance as the 'rule' so to speak.

Another two questions might help.

1. Of those people you greatly admire, what are the top five qualities those individuals have that caused you to admire them?

2. Of those people you can't stand, what are the five qualities or characteristics that cause you to not like them?

1. I...don't admire anyone, actually. I really can't think of someone who I was so stellarly impressed. But, I'm impressed with Dr. Michio Kaku

1. He's obviously intelligent.
    2. He has the ability to make even the most astounding and complex physics simple.
    3. He has a way of connecting with people, even about something completely terrifying.
    4. He doesn't have an arrogant air of intellectuality around him.
    5. He's surprisingly respectful from what I've read.

1. I don't like hypocrites, I despise when people tell other people not to do something and yet do it themselves.
    2. People who are selfish and judgemental. I dislike people who feel the need to be the center of attention and make sure people pay attention to them just so they can feel good about themselves. I also don't like people who are so selfish that they are critical of others who don't follow 'their' rules.
    3. People who are overtly emotional and think that can be a good substitute for logic.
    4. People who are overtly logical and think that can be a good substitute for emotion.
    5. People who are insensitive for various reasons. Especially people who don't like hanging around the poor or disabled because they are used to high class society.
    6. Here's a friend one from my cousin "People who talk excessively"
    OK - so Si definitely is not in your top two then.

Honestly, the more you write, the more it seems you prefer Fi over Fe, which is an important data point.

Haha. Understand what you mean there.

OK

That does sound like a preference for something else over Ne (maybe Ni)

And now to this.

Te "Focuses on the objective external world by instituting systems of organization and assigning all information to a place within an appropriate system based upon quantifiable comparison. Te wants to evaluate, decide, and complete a task using a system of logical binary judgments" (Hartzler)

Ti "focuses on the subjective world of underlying principles and truths by creating original systems and categories and assigning information to a place within the appropriate framework based on logical analysis; Ti wants to attain internal precision through logical evaluation and decision making" (Hartzler)

Based on that description, you think you prefer Te over Ti?
    I've been thinking about this question for 30 minutes...I asked a cousin of mine which one he thought was more me and he said Ti. When I'm bored or stressed, I tend to start organizing things such as my desk and all. System wise... I have multiple plans for the next few years (18 to end of college) and I do compare them by things such as anticipated effort, length of time to complete, anticipated enjoyment factor, money making factor, and my desire to do it. The word "Quantifiable" is throwing me off a bit, I do make some decisions impartially when they don't affect me but, at the end of the day, I try to make the most logical decision WITH my emotions in mind.

I don't think I "assign" information to places. I need more information on what that actualy means.
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

"Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

1. I...don't admire anyone, actually. I really can't think of someone who I was so stellarly impressed. But, I'm impressed with Dr. Michio Kaku

1. He's obviously intelligent.
    2. He has the ability to make even the most astounding and complex physics simple.
    3. He has a way of connecting with people, even about something completely terrifying.
    4. He doesn't have an arrogant air of intellectuality around him.
    5. He's surprisingly respectful from what I've read.
    So, these are likely a reflection of things that you are. Intelligent. Respectful. Don't have an air of intellectual superiority. Able to make complex things simple. Able to connect with people about difficult/challenging issues.

1. I don't like hypocrites, I despise when people tell other people not to do something and yet do it themselves.
    2. People who are selfish and judgemental. I dislike people who feel the need to be the center of attention and make sure people pay attention to them just so they can feel good about themselves. I also don't like people who are so selfish that they are critical of others who don't follow 'their' rules.
    3. People who are overtly emotional and think that can be a good substitute for logic.
    4. People who are overtly logical and think that can be a good substitute for emotion.
    5. People who are insensitive for various reasons. Especially people who don't like hanging around the poor or disabled because they are used to high class society.
    6. Here's a friend one from my cousin "People who talk excessively"
    Generally, there is some reflection of your shadow (inferior or tertiary) in the things you can't stand in others. That is, these are things you can be at times but don't realize or have a difficult time admitting to yourself. You can be
    insensitive, hypocritical, overtly logical, overtly emotional, selfish and judgmental, and want to be the center of attention. If you think about a poor example of a function that correlates with these, it might offer some insight.

This could be a dead end but INTJ is Ni, Te, Fi, Se, while INFJ is Ni, Fe, Ti, Se. So, do any of these sound like Se, Fi, or Fe? I'm actually not sure. It was worth a shot though.

When I'm bored or stressed, I tend to start organizing things such as my desk and all.
    Both types of introverted intuitives do that.

System wise... I have multiple plans for the next few years (18 to end of college) and I do compare them by things such as anticipated effort, length of time to complete, anticipated enjoyment factor, money making factor, and my desire to do it. The word "Quantifiable" is throwing me off a bit, I do make some decisions impartially when they don't affect me but, at the end of the day, I try to make the most logical decision WITH my emotions in mind.

I don't think I "assign" information to places. I need more information on what that actualy means.
    This sounds like Te.

In summary, based on what you've said, my guess is INTJ with borderline T/F. The reasons are:
    - it seems like there is a preference for Te over Ti
    - there is a clear preference for Fi over Fe
    - you clearly feel that you're dominant Ni and there are a number of things you said that seem to demonstrate consistency with that
    - you seem to be much softer T than many.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

This sounds like Te.
    How?

In summary, based on what you've said, my guess is INTJ with borderline T/F. The reasons are:
    - it seems like there is a preference for Te over Ti
    - there is a clear preference for Fi over Fe.
    WTF, how? why? If you've listed down all factors within this thread, there is clear dominance of Fe over Fi. Though Te or Ti remains vague.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    How?

WTF, how? why? If you've listed down all factors within this thread, there is clear dominance of Fe over Fi. Though Te or Ti remains vague.
    Well, numerous references. I don't really have time to list them right now. Will come back and provide more details later if I can - if Serge wants me to.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Well, numerous references. I don't really have time to list them right now. Will come back and provide more details later if I can - if Serge wants me to.
    I'd like you too, thanks in advance.
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

"Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'd like you too, thanks in advance.
    OK

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

It turns out based on events of today that I'm going to be extremely busy this week. So, I hate to be an Indian giver but....

If I may, I would like to suggest a couple of books that should help to answer your questions. They will explain the functions in far greater clarity, precision, and depth than I could ever hope to.

Functions of Type - Gary Hartzler and Margaret Hartzler
    Building Blocks of Personality Type - Leona Haas and Mark Hunziker

These will elaborate on the differences between Fi and Fe, Ti and Te, etc.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    5w4

Serge is an INFJ. Case closed.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Anamalech View Post
    Serge is an INFJ. Case closed.
    please, tell me more about how the obvious intj V is infj

after you finish expounding on your theory of why everyone else in the world is infj of course
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole