User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Great, the title's changed. >=\
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    ENTJ?
    Yeah. Much more likely.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I watched it... and you seem ESTJ in some ways. You have good awareness of ideas, but you seem to have a certain Si vibe. ESTJ's tend to seem similar to NT's in some ways, and it would explain why you see yourself as ENTx... you have strong Ne and Te.

Hearing you say you hate abstractions sounded very S to me.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I watched it... and you seem ESTJ in some ways. You have good awareness of ideas, but you seem to have a certain Si vibe. ESTJ's tend to seem similar to NT's in some ways, and it would explain why you see yourself as ENTx... you have strong Ne and Te.

Hearing you say you hate abstractions sounded very S to me.
    He is ENT.

ESTJ's are only supposed to develop their Intuition at mid-life, yet Ezra's highest scoring function is Intuitive. Ezra shows a high interest in the abstract through his academic choice of philosophy - a very unusual choice for the practically minded ESTJ that has Ne as 3rd function, usually developped only later in mid-life.

He is frustrated with it because ENT's are driven to apply theories, whereas all that philosophers do is constant theorizing. This may appeal to INxx's but less to ENxx's. Considering the contrast with you as an INxx, it only makes sense you perceive him as S.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    He is ENT.

ESTJ's are only supposed to develop their Intuition at mid-life, yet Ezra's highest scoring function is Intuitive. Ezra shows a high interest in the abstract through his academic choice of philosophy - a very unusual choice for the practically minded ESTJ that has Ne as 3rd function, usually developped only later in mid-life.

He is frustrated with it because ENT's are driven to apply theories, whereas all that philosophers do is constant theorizing. This may appeal to INxx's but less to ENxx's. Considering the contrast with you as an INxx, it only makes sense you perceive him as S.
    Okay, then... but it could be hard to tell an ENTx from an ESTJ if the circumstances were right, couldn't it?

If he's ENTx, do you think J or P? Why? My guess is J... He doesn't seem to be absorbing the way a "P" would, or even the way an "I" would. There's definitely a sense of Te assessing, and I know that ExTJ's have that in common.

Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind applying theories, I just don't see how it's possible to really apply them in their entirety. I don't like cutting things away to make it fit the situation and losing the underlying essence of the idea, although I try to evoke and use as much of the idea as I can to improve the situation. I think you have to understand the idea before you can do that. That's the INxx thing from our own perspective.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah actually in the video he didn't seem as animated as ENTP's usually are... but that could easily be because he was on the spot and sort of a bit nervous and concerned about how he was coming across (typical E!). He didn't seem very at home with the camera being on him, but wanted to seem as though he did... hm, I don't think that's a type thing though, that could apply to many people of different types.

In some circumstances athenian I agree that ENTJ and ESTJ can be difficult to tell apart, though it's obvious what the differences are when you get them talking for any length of time. But ESTJ and ENTP are very different and very easy to tell apart, IMO.

Because he's so young, I'd say it's not so easy to tell either from the writing or from the video... but the writing contradicts the video to me, tells me there's more animation and enthusiasm, more passion on the inside than appears on the outside. But as I said that could just be in that video - when he's relaxed and without a camera on him, we don't know how passionate/animated he can get.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTJ

Okay, then... but it could be hard to tell an ENTx from an ESTJ if the circumstances were right, couldn't it?

If he's ENTx, do you think J or P? Why? My guess is J... He doesn't seem to be absorbing the way a "P" would, or even the way an "I" would. There's definitely a sense of Te assessing, and I know that ExTJ's have that in common.
    On one hand, I would like to say ENTJ because of a general hunch I have.

On the other, he did score highest in Ne and not that high in Te. He also seems to have trouble coming to closure about his type and is constantly doubting it, which could indicate P.

However, considering he is in his late teens, I wouldn't put much stock into this. Identity issues are common in adolescence and part of a normal developmental process. This often manifests as a bias towards P. It coincides with the development of Ni in ENTJs. It could explain Ezra's current interest for philosophy. If Ezra remembers himself as being Te as a child, then it would all make sense.

As a child I was very much Te myself. As a teen, I started developping Ni. It was so strong that after 3 months of studying economics I switched to studying philosophy. However, I quickly realized it wasn't for me. It was too abstract and not focused on actual problems.

As you see, there are similarities between Ezra and myself.

Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind applying theories, I just don't see how it's possible to really apply them in their entirety. I don't like cutting things away to make it fit the situation and losing the underlying essence of the idea, although I try to evoke and use as much of the idea as I can to improve the situation. I think you have to understand the idea before you can do that. That's the INxx thing from our own perspective.
    Sure, and I'm not making a value judgment about the INxx approach. There is not one approach that is better than the other, just different preferences for one or the other depending on the person.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah actually in the video he didn't seem as animated as ENTP's usually are... but that could easily be because he was on the spot and sort of a bit nervous and concerned about how he was coming across (typical E!). He didn't seem very at home with the camera being on him, but wanted to seem as though he did... hm, I don't think that's a type thing though, that could apply to many people of different types.
    I always thought it was the other way around... E's weren't self-conscious about how they came across, so they weren't as anxious in public. So you worry how you look to other people too? I always thought E's had it easier in that regard... just didn't think or worry as much and still managed to get through everything somehow.
    In some circumstances athenian I agree that ENTJ and ESTJ can be difficult to tell apart, though it's obvious what the differences are when you get them talking for any length of time. But ESTJ and ENTP are very different and very easy to tell apart, IMO.
    That's actually what I was suggesting... that the issue is between ESTJ and ENTJ, so ENTP isn't really possible. That's just my opinion of course.

Because he's so young, I'd say it's not so easy to tell either from the writing or from the video... but the writing contradicts the video to me, tells me there's more animation and enthusiasm, more passion on the inside than appears on the outside. But as I said that could just be in that video - when he's relaxed and without a camera on him, we don't know how passionate/animated he can get.
    Passion on the inside indicates Fi rather than Fe, right?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Passion on the inside indicates Fi rather than Fe, right?
    Definitely.

MBTI
    ENTP

Not sure I agree... I wouldn't say PinkPiranha lacks inner passion at all, but she's definitely very Fe...

athenian yes, extraverts do worry about how they come across to others. I can't speak for all extraverts or all ENTP's but my impression is that sometimes when talking to other people the fascination I have for them overrides my self-consciousness and takes my mind off it. But that doesn't mean that if I'm being video'd or photographed or reviewed in my absence, I don't think about how I look or super cringe when I look bad!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen