User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Enneagram Type Is Highlander?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll

4 57.14%

3 42.86%

0 0%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    highlander, does the instinctual nature of the 8w7 sx/sp resonate true to you?
    This description does - yes, except for the unhealthy parts. I've never been like that.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1301763

I looked at some materials I have on instinctual subtypes today and the 8 SX description seemed right. The 5 SX description did not really fit at all. The 3 SX seemed somewhat right too but not as much as the 8 SX descriptions.

On the wings - neither one really resonates. My conclusion there is I don't have a wing. It's OMNI - in the middle.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I don't see an enneagram 8 owning and reading so many books on typology.

That sounds a lot more like a 5 to me.
    I'm sure it does.

The problem with what you're saying is that many of the 8 parts that resonate are the *not so nice* ones.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    This description does - yes, except for the unhealthy parts. I've never been like that.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1301763

I looked at some materials I have on instinctual subtypes today and the 8 SX description seemed right. The 5 SX description did not really fit at all. The 3 SX seemed somewhat right too but not as much as the 8 SX descriptions.

On the wings - neither one really resonates. My conclusion there is I don't have a wing. It's OMNI - in the middle.
    Another member provided this E8 description. Does it also sound right?

http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype8

8's are instinctual, no matter what their instinctual stackings.

8w7's can kind of be three-ish in appearance.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

^ That sx 8 description really resonates with me as well. Except for the lower level unhealthy stuff.

I am kind of intolerant in wandering interest in the other though...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Another member provided this E8 description. Does it also sound right?

http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype8

8's are instinctual, no matter what their instinctual stackings.

8w7's can kind of be three-ish in appearance.
    I mainly operate based on instinct or intuition. Logic is never the first consideration - if that answers your question. It's navigating towards what feels right. I always attributed that to Ni-Dom though.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I am kind of intolerant in wandering interest in the other though...
    Oh right - I'd be less than intolerant of that.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ

Just re enneagrams... fives don't stay completely and totally all about the fiveness all of their life, right? They integrate. Integrate to eight. The knowledge they accumulate begins not just to mature but to be used. Being eight is eventually part of being five... sorta.

On the other hand, pugnacity does not an eight make, and nor does being calm prove fiveness. Indeed, fives aren't calm. They're (we're) all about how the world is trying to take things from us.

As for the actual question... freakishly polite, unsettlingly so sometimes. What's he building in there?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Key stuff on 8 SX from Enneagram Instinctual Subtypes by Katherine Chernick Fauvre

"Eights act out lust in the one-to one arena by a possessive attitude towards intimates and friends. Lust or excess is acted out by controlling the nature of the way in which the couple relates to each other. They want to advise, to be consulted, and to take part in decisions. Attached to the idea of being able to trust completely.Want stability, loyalty and predictability in close relationships. May feel easily betrayed and are prone to suspicion. Partner's every move is overreacted to. Proud of their toughness.

Sexual subtype 8s are one of the highest energy positions in the diagram. A combination of physical verve and an inclination towards domination makes them lusty in love and commanding in business. Can be seen as relentless competitors. Attracted to people who are direct and who are not allergic to confrontation. Motto is "I have the right to have my way." More emotional than the other two subtypes.

Sexual - taking charge. Take charge in relationships. Parental role in one to ones. Bestower - Protection. Need some say in what's happening in other's life. Like withdrawn types. Wanting to mold the other. Deeply loving - devoted. Intimacy - struggle for control. Disinterested in other if they win too easily. Intensity - adrenalin. Good. Impatient too much. Loyalty, consistency, attention, possessive. Competitive - thrill of competition. Push. Stimulating to win. Urge to imprint oneself on others. Controlling - jealous - possessive. "

"The Sexual Eights felt under represented in most descriptions of Eight. They saw themselves as very devoted to those they loved and desired equality in relationship. Somebody that could match them, stand up to them, and more importantly for them, so that they could surrender control. They did however understand that their partners might feel controlled. They explained that they felt they had surrendered to the person that they loved and therefore were at their mercy. For the 8 to share anything of intimacy is to make themselves incredibly vulnerable and to give anyone the power to hurt them with it is potentially devastating. They further added how incongruent it felt to simultaneously need autonomy and connection. For how does one stay connected and remain autonomous?"

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    As for the actual question... freakishly polite, unsettlingly so sometimes. What's he building in there?
    I see many possibilities.

Tri-type 639

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You seem like an older INTJ who is more emotionally mature. I don't know if this comes with age, or is just more common in certain INTJ individuals. I have an INTx friend who I believe is INTJ (he tests as INTJ and believed INTJ for many years, but questioned INTP because it took him so long to get his PhD in Philosophy)who is more like you, seems balanced.

I think it may strike some people as non-INTJ-ish because you're polite and less closed off, but again I think that's due to balance and emotional maturity.